Windows 10: No desktop icon

Discus and support No desktop icon in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using a MSI GF63 10th gen laptop with windows 11. Recently all my desktop icons have been vanished. I can't see or interact with them but they're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by S M Al Meraj, May 22, 2024.

1. No desktop icon

I'm using a MSI GF63 10th gen laptop with windows 11. Recently all my desktop icons have been vanished. I can't see or interact with them but they're there as I know from my file manager desktop section. If I add any new icon/shortcut it gets added but neither can I see it nor can I interact with it. I've tried the Theme>Desktop icon settings, doesn't work. Please help

:)

S M Al Meraj, May 22, 2024

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 22, 2024
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 22, 2024
  4. No desktop icon

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 22, 2024
Thema:

No desktop icon

1. No desktop icon - Similar Threads - desktop icon

2. Hi. I am trying to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do I do that ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi. I am trying to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do I do that ?: Hi. I am trying to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do i do that ? * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-am-trying-to-get-my-computer-icon-on-the/b98fe0a1-1191-4055-9a31-5586f3ed7542
  3. Hi. I am trying to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do I do that ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi. I am trying to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do I do that ?: Hi. I am trying to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do i do that ? * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-am-trying-to-get-my-computer-icon-on-the/b98fe0a1-1191-4055-9a31-5586f3ed7542
  4. Hi. I am trying to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do I do that ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. hi. I am tring to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do i do that ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi. I am tring to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do i do that ?: Hi. I am trying to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do i do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-am-tring-to-get-my-computer-icon-on-the/b98fe0a1-1191-4055-9a31-5586f3ed7542
  6. hi. I am tring to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do i do that ?

hi. I am tring to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do i do that ?: Hi. I am trying to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do i do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-am-tring-to-get-my-computer-icon-on-the/b98fe0a1-1191-4055-9a31-5586f3ed7542
  7. hi. I am tring to get 'my computer' icon on the desktop. How do i do that ?

8. Desktop Icons missing after Windows Install Deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing after Windows Install Deleted?: Hi All,I am facing an urgent issue as Windows will delete the Windows.Old folder on my C Drive in about 14 days.I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 because my PC froze and became unresponsive despite several restarts. Eventually, I encountered a blue screen and had no...
  9. Desktop Icons missing after Windows Install Deleted?

Desktop Icons missing after Windows Install Deleted?: Hi All,I am facing an urgent issue as Windows will delete the Windows.Old folder on my C Drive in about 14 days.I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 because my PC froze and became unresponsive despite several restarts. Eventually, I encountered a blue screen and had no...
  10. How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?

How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?: This bug has been present for more than a decade. Rebuilding the icon cache does nothing. My display drivers are not the issue. Windows simply doesn't know how to handle icons rendered any larger than the default at 1920 x 1080. I guess my question is: how do we make them...