Windows 10: No desktop icon

Discus and support No desktop icon in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using a MSI GF63 10th gen laptop with windows 11. Recently all my desktop icons have been vanished. I can't see or interact with them but they're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by S M Al Meraj, May 22, 2024.

1. No desktop icon

I'm using a MSI GF63 10th gen laptop with windows 11. Recently all my desktop icons have been vanished. I can't see or interact with them but they're there as I know from my file manager desktop section. If I add any new icon/shortcut it gets added but neither can I see it nor can I interact with it. I've tried the Theme>Desktop icon settings, doesn't work. Please help

:)

S M Al Meraj, May 22, 2024

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 22, 2024
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 22, 2024
  4. No desktop icon

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 22, 2024
Thema:

No desktop icon

1. No desktop icon - Similar Threads - desktop icon

2. Desktop Icons missing after Windows Install Deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing after Windows Install Deleted?: Hi All,I am facing an urgent issue as Windows will delete the Windows.Old folder on my C Drive in about 14 days.I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 because my PC froze and became unresponsive despite several restarts. Eventually, I encountered a blue screen and had no...
  3. Desktop Icons missing after Windows Install Deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing after Windows Install Deleted?: Hi All,I am facing an urgent issue as Windows will delete the Windows.Old folder on my C Drive in about 14 days.I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 because my PC froze and became unresponsive despite several restarts. Eventually, I encountered a blue screen and had no...
  4. How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?: This bug has been present for more than a decade. Rebuilding the icon cache does nothing. My display drivers are not the issue. Windows simply doesn't know how to handle icons rendered any larger than the default at 1920 x 1080. I guess my question is: how do we make them...
  5. How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?: This bug has been present for more than a decade. Rebuilding the icon cache does nothing. My display drivers are not the issue. Windows simply doesn't know how to handle icons rendered any larger than the default at 1920 x 1080. I guess my question is: how do we make them...
  6. How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?

7. Desktop icons disappeared in Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons disappeared in Tablet mode: I am facing a problem with my desktop. In tablet mode, all the icons disappeared.And in Settings, there is no option for Optimize taskbar for touch when device is used as tablet.How to make the desktop icons appear again?...
  8. Desktop icons disappeared in Tablet mode

Desktop icons disappeared in Tablet mode: I am facing a problem with my desktop. In tablet mode, all the icons disappeared.And in Settings, there is no option for Optimize taskbar for touch when device is used as tablet.How to make the desktop icons appear again?...
  9. Want Icons on Desktop & thumbnails in Explorer - Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want Icons on Desktop & thumbnails in Explorer - Win11: What I want was possible and I used it in Win10...but now that I've been forced into Win11 it seems like Microsoft can no longer do this simple thing. I want to see only icons on my desktop. I'd be okay with thumbnails of jpgs on the desktop. But I DO NOT want thumbnails of...
  10. Want Icons on Desktop & thumbnails in Explorer - Win11

Want Icons on Desktop & thumbnails in Explorer - Win11: What I want was possible and I used it in Win10...but now that I've been forced into Win11 it seems like Microsoft can no longer do this simple thing. I want to see only icons on my desktop. I'd be okay with thumbnails of jpgs on the desktop. But I DO NOT want thumbnails of...