Windows 10: No desktop on idle computer

Discus and support No desktop on idle computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Computer left on over night, always have to reboot to get desktop back, or restart explorer. Latest version Win10. submitted by /u/Sirdave82 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sirdave82, Apr 12, 2021.

1. No desktop on idle computer

Computer left on over night, always have to reboot to get desktop back, or restart explorer. Latest version Win10.

submitted by /u/Sirdave82
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sirdave82, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Apr 12, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

No desktop on idle computer

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Thema:

No desktop on idle computer

1. No desktop on idle computer - Similar Threads - desktop idle computer

2. Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle: One thing I've noticed since some time back now is how I often find my Windows 11 desktop being unresponsive after I haven't used the computer for a while.What happens is when I move the mouse cursor to for instance open a folder I have on my Desktop, the folder icon isn't...
  3. Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle: One thing I've noticed since some time back now is how I often find my Windows 11 desktop being unresponsive after I haven't used the computer for a while.What happens is when I move the mouse cursor to for instance open a folder I have on my Desktop, the folder icon isn't...
  4. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  5. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  6. computer increased idle temps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer increased idle temps: hi there, my cpu idle temps risen from 30c to 40c? could a windows update have caused this? happened after recent updates i think, but not sure which updates would cause this. when i game the temps will reach almost 70c on the cpu, and the max for my cpu is 72c. i think this...
  7. Computer is not idling.

Computer is not idling.: I've setup power plan to have 30% as minimum processor speed, but despite low 1-3% load CPU is not slowing down and even more - if I'm enabling boosting in BIOS CPU is always trying to boost speed....
  8. Computer restarting when idling

Computer restarting when idling: I have had a series of problems following recent Windows 10 Updates. Everything seems to have slowed down. The most recent issue is that my PC is restarting whenever I leave it idling for any length of time. Can anyone help?...
  9. Computer randomly restarts when idle at desktop

Computer randomly restarts when idle at desktop: Ever since I upgraded my PC back in October of 2019, occasionally my PC will restart when it's sitting idle. For example, I'll be playing a game, then I'll quit to desktop, walk to the kitchen, hear it restart, walk in and see that it had restarted. Another example is in the...
  10. BSOD while idle on desktop

BSOD while idle on desktop: The past few days I have been getting BSOD while my computer was idle on desktop with only Google Chrome open and other background programs. Both times it has happened my monitor was in sleep mode so I was unable to see the BSOD myself but I have the minidumps. 84345