Windows 10: No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.

Discus and support No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been getting this problem every time i open my laptop. When im done inputting the password, it'll proceed into a blackscreen and stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RusselDelacruz, Oct 3, 2021.

1. No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.

Hello, I've been getting this problem every time i open my laptop. When im done inputting the password, it'll proceed into a blackscreen and stays there for almost or more than a minute before my desktop runs.

:)

RusselDelacruz, Oct 3, 2021

2. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Oct 3, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 3, 2021
  4. Vrbas Win User

No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.

Black screen with cursor

Hello - I have a brand new laptop (purchased 8/17), no peripheral devices, running Windows 10. After the "upgrade" about 10 days ago, I get a black screen with cursor after login. Eventually it converts to my desktop, but after about 10 minutes of annoyance.
    Suggestions that a non-programmer can follow welcome. Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC

Vrbas, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.

1. No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor. - Similar Threads - desktop start plain

2. Black screen desktop monitor with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen desktop monitor with cursor: Hi there! My desktop is suddenly not working. I was able to use it last night and when i tried to use it again the monitor is black with a cursor on the upper left of the monitor. I timried to unplug the cables and plug them again but to no avail. I have also tried...
  3. Black screen desktop monitor with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen desktop monitor with cursor: Hi there! My desktop is suddenly not working. I was able to use it last night and when i tried to use it again the monitor is black with a cursor on the upper left of the monitor. I timried to unplug the cables and plug them again but to no avail. I have also tried...
  4. Black screen desktop monitor with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CONSTANT BLACK SCREEN NO CURSOR NO START UP NO NOTHING

CONSTANT BLACK SCREEN NO CURSOR NO START UP NO NOTHING: Hi everyone last night i helped my mate build his first pc. Before we get into it specs are, AMD Ryzen R5 3600 Gigabyte RTX 2060 Kingston Hyperfury 16GB 8GB x 2 Gigabyte X570UD 1TB M.2 650W 80 plus gold PSU ASUS 165HZ monitor So start up was fine everything was working...
  6. Desktop loads to a black screen with just the cursor

Desktop loads to a black screen with just the cursor: Hello, So about a week ago I lost power while I was on my computer. We were able to load it up after the power went out and use it again. We shut down the computer and tried to load it up the next day and we get nothing but a black screen with just a cursor on the screen. I...
  7. Black screen with Cursor after start up?

Black screen with Cursor after start up?: Has anyone else had issues after this last update where your computer starts up with a black screen with your cursor still available? I can't start safe mode for whatever reason and I cannot use the fix with ctr alt and dlt. I've tried everything else but nothing works....
  8. Start Up Screen Background Now Plain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Up Screen Background Now Plain: For some reason, I have lost any image on my Start screen. It is solid black or white depending on settings in the Personalization > Color menu. It has happened across platforms. I am running windows 10 and just updated the operating system. Any ideas???[IMG]...
  9. Black screen no curser no start up screen just black windows 10

Black screen no curser no start up screen just black windows 10: window 10 black screen with nothing for a quick second something will show up but then back to black screen .I tried to wake it up by pressing windows key+ctrl+shift+B and my start up screen with the login will flash for a second then it goes back to black screen before I...
  10. Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up

Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up: I know it says to install and run the program in the sticky but i can't get into windows PC has been running fine until recently. I have been getting occasional random BSOD errors over the last few days which I didn't think much about, but today I started getting a lot of...