Windows 10: no desktop tiles

Discus and support no desktop tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed 10 on 2 laptops. Desktop tiles were missing in both. Instead of the expected win 10 start button, my start corner shops the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chuckbowers, Dec 20, 2015.

1. no desktop tiles

I recently installed 10 on 2 laptops. Desktop tiles were missing in both. Instead of the expected win 10 start button, my start corner shops the familiar 8 icon. I have tried for days to find a solution online, with zero success. Any help will be appreciated

:)

chuckbowers, Dec 20, 2015

2. Changing names on tiles Windows 10

The Desktop is easy. Talking about the TILES! RENAME THE TILES NOT ON THE DESKTOP!!!!!

NancyHansen, Dec 20, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    desktop icons

On your Start Menu, there should be a Tile for Edge, simply drag that tile onto your Desktop

If the tile does not exist, in the alphabetical list on your Start Menu, find Edge, right click and choose 'Pin to Start', then you can drag the tile to your Desktop

DaveM121, Dec 20, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

no desktop tiles

The Windows 10 start button looks like the Windows 8 start button, but the Windows icon is smaller. If can't find the new Windows 10 start menu, perhaps are using a start menu replacement program like Start8/Classic Shell that has carried over from Windows 8.

5. YOU
    You Win User
    Can please elaborate on r problem?

6. OK, I have the Windows 8(10) start button, but not a tile in sight. Instead, I have the classic win 8 desktop when I click.

chuckbowers, Dec 20, 2015
  7. Finally solved it myself. After countless hours of searching and trying, I found a dastardly simple solution:

Simply AT STARTUP, CLICK ONCE ON THE START BUTTON. THAT DELIVERS THE TILELESS WINDOWS DESKTOP. CLICK A SECOND TIME AND THE TILED VERSION APPEARS, MAGICALLY!!

I am surprised and disappointed that someone (e.g. Microsoft) dint report it earlier.

chuckbowers, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

no desktop tiles

1. no desktop tiles - Similar Threads - desktop tiles

2. [Help] Is there a way to tile multiple photos together for your desktop shuffle?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Is there a way to tile multiple photos together for your desktop shuffle?: I have some photos that aren't big enough to use individually. Is there a program that can tile 2 or 3 random photos together as a background on shuffle when a single photo isn't big enough? submitted by /u/andimnotbragging [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop: How can I make the tiles screen be the desktop screen when I power up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-tile-screen-as-default-desktop/02c8910a-b632-43dd-aa28-4fe37007ce48
  4. desktop tiles and apps

desktop tiles and apps: How do you move tiles and apps back to the left corner from the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-tiles-and-apps/f461f552-d8d3-48ba-bd07-0dab9594026c
  5. Anyway to use Windows 10 tiles as desktop widgets?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to use Windows 10 tiles as desktop widgets?: Such an option would make them at least somewhat useful. submitted by /u/kyuriousMind [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehzejj/anyway_to_use_windows_10_tiles_as_desktop_widgets/
  6. How do I rid myself of Tiles on my desktop - arrived after last MSupdate!

How do I rid myself of Tiles on my desktop - arrived after last MSupdate!: Hi I have tried the Settings> System>Tablet Mode> route and it hasn't done a thing. Did it three times in all, thinking I had missed turning something off/on. What else can put these tiles back where I want them - hidden. Many thanks...
  7. Desktop icons gone only tiles appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons gone only tiles appear: For the last couple of weeks my computer starts with the tiles only and I no longer have my program icons on desktop. When I shutdown computer and turn on again the next day, the desktop icons flash and instantly disappear and go to tiles. Is there any way to fix this or...
  8. Windows 10 desktop icons become huge tiles on boot

Windows 10 desktop icons become huge tiles on boot: Hi folks, Running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, we've recently experienced a strange problem. Normally, icon size is set at SMALL, and this laptop has perhaps 30 or more icons on the desktop. On cold boot (power up) in the morning, for two mornings in a row, we've had the...
  9. how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?

how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?: how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-background-tile-grid-on-desktop/b52c369d-1f07-4fba-99bd-d4da79db9e94
  10. Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles.

Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles.: Running Windows 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-see-my-desktop-folders-want-to-remove-the/f1c89c2d-a518-4fea-b80c-51e5c49c21db