Windows 10: no desktop tiles

Discus and support no desktop tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed 10 on 2 laptops. Desktop tiles were missing in both. Instead of the expected win 10 start button, my start corner shops the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chuckbowers, Dec 20, 2015.

1. no desktop tiles

I recently installed 10 on 2 laptops. Desktop tiles were missing in both. Instead of the expected win 10 start button, my start corner shops the familiar 8 icon. I have tried for days to find a solution online, with zero success. Any help will be appreciated

:)

chuckbowers, Dec 20, 2015

2. Changing names on tiles Windows 10

The Desktop is easy. Talking about the TILES! RENAME THE TILES NOT ON THE DESKTOP!!!!!

NancyHansen, Dec 20, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    desktop icons

On your Start Menu, there should be a Tile for Edge, simply drag that tile onto your Desktop

If the tile does not exist, in the alphabetical list on your Start Menu, find Edge, right click and choose 'Pin to Start', then you can drag the tile to your Desktop

DaveM121, Dec 20, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

no desktop tiles

The Windows 10 start button looks like the Windows 8 start button, but the Windows icon is smaller. If can't find the new Windows 10 start menu, perhaps are using a start menu replacement program like Start8/Classic Shell that has carried over from Windows 8.

5. YOU
    You Win User
    Can please elaborate on r problem?

6. OK, I have the Windows 8(10) start button, but not a tile in sight. Instead, I have the classic win 8 desktop when I click.

chuckbowers, Dec 20, 2015
  7. Finally solved it myself. After countless hours of searching and trying, I found a dastardly simple solution:

Simply AT STARTUP, CLICK ONCE ON THE START BUTTON. THAT DELIVERS THE TILELESS WINDOWS DESKTOP. CLICK A SECOND TIME AND THE TILED VERSION APPEARS, MAGICALLY!!

I am surprised and disappointed that someone (e.g. Microsoft) dint report it earlier.

chuckbowers, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

no desktop tiles

1. no desktop tiles - Similar Threads - desktop tiles

2. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  3. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  4. Desktop background image fit "tile" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background image fit "tile" not working: I had set my desktop background quite a while ago and did not change it. Now it does not work as it did before. There was not even a manual Windows update involved. Now the "tile" option in the "fit" setting shows the same result as the "span" option.To clarify: I have...
  5. Desktop background image fit "tile" not working

Desktop background image fit "tile" not working: I had set my desktop background quite a while ago and did not change it. Now it does not work as it did before. There was not even a manual Windows update involved. Now the "tile" option in the "fit" setting shows the same result as the "span" option.To clarify: I have...
  6. Windows 95 Desktop Tile Editor In Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 95 Desktop Tile Editor In Windows 11?: Are there any proven safe-to-use tools for Windows 11, that can put a custom tile pattern on your desktop, in addition to your wallpaper? I'm referring to the custom tile editor from Windows 95....
  7. Windows 95 Desktop Tile Editor In Windows 11?

Windows 95 Desktop Tile Editor In Windows 11?: Are there any proven safe-to-use tools for Windows 11, that can put a custom tile pattern on your desktop, in addition to your wallpaper? I'm referring to the custom tile editor from Windows 95....
  8. desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...: throughout the day my desktop photo will change.It will look normal, photo showing on entire desktop with my icons.then the pic will randomly change to just the center and the left and right sides are a color. It is whatever color I have picked if I were to use just a color...
  9. desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...

desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...: throughout the day my desktop photo will change.It will look normal, photo showing on entire desktop with my icons.then the pic will randomly change to just the center and the left and right sides are a color. It is whatever color I have picked if I were to use just a color...
  10. Desktop tiles

Desktop tiles: I uninstalled my mail tile by mistake. I tried to go to ms store bt I keep receiving "Try that again Page could not be loaded"This happened prior to 20H2 update. I was under the impression all would restore after update. But it did not. Suggestions?...