Windows 10: No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer

Discus and support No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings. So, I have no desktop under This PC when I go into File Explorer. Where did this go? Wouldnt it normally be there?? My shortcuts are syncing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jay Paz, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Jay Paz Win User

No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer

Greetings. So, I have no desktop under This PC when I go into File Explorer. Where did this go? Wouldnt it normally be there?? My shortcuts are syncing with Google Drive too. Please advise.

:)

Jay Paz, Feb 13, 2020
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Feb 13, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 13, 2020
  4. No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer

File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer

1. No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Desktop under File

2. "Desktop" as Root in File Explorer instead of "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Desktop" as Root in File Explorer instead of "This PC": Hello,in my new Windows 11 setup, I have this weird bug where the "Desktop" is the first item in the left panel. I can't imagine this being intended. Does Anybody have a reg file to make "This PC" the root of the list?Thanks...
  3. "Desktop" as Root in File Explorer instead of "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Desktop" as Root in File Explorer instead of "This PC": Hello,in my new Windows 11 setup, I have this weird bug where the "Desktop" is the first item in the left panel. I can't imagine this being intended. Does Anybody have a reg file to make "This PC" the root of the list?Thanks...
  4. File Explorer with pc desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer with pc desktop icons: i have always used File Explorer to open and use other folders, but now i only get devices.. i am using windows 11.. any help to go from one to the other, thanks...
  5. File Explorer with pc desktop icons

File Explorer with pc desktop icons: i have always used File Explorer to open and use other folders, but now i only get devices.. i am using windows 11.. any help to go from one to the other, thanks...
  6. This PC is under DESKTOP in My Files tree view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This PC is under DESKTOP in My Files tree view: Hi, can someone help me fix this, please? It's pretty bugging me a lot. Why is this so? I know 100% this is NOT part of an update or something, and it isn't enjoyable. It's been like that since day one. I've been using this PC. I saw a similar thread made years ago, but now...
  7. This PC is under DESKTOP in My Files tree view

This PC is under DESKTOP in My Files tree view: Hi, can someone help me fix this, please? It's pretty bugging me a lot. Why is this so? I know 100% this is NOT part of an update or something, and it isn't enjoyable. It's been like that since day one. I've been using this PC. I saw a similar thread made years ago, but now...
  8. Dead Links Under Desktop in File Explorer but not on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dead Links Under Desktop in File Explorer but not on Desktop: Windows 10.0.19041 Build 19041I have a bunch of dead links on File Explorer. These links don't show up on the desktop, and also don't show up in "C:\Users\<user>\Desktop"How do I remove them? Nothing in the context/right-click menu appears to help. I added these links a long...
  9. This PC File under Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This PC File under Desktop: This PC File holds many downloaded files which I already saved. Should be clearly out and deleting periodically all the files in This PC File? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-file-under-desktop/5ab3b2cd-b28c-4350-8121-04c2b71ba379
  10. All files grouped under 'Desktop' in 'File Explorer'. How to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    All files grouped under 'Desktop' in 'File Explorer'. How to change?: Hello kind strangers on the web! I have made an account specifically for this problem that I am having, and as this is my first time posting here I hope I'm doing this right! I have recently upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and whilst using Windows 7, I was used to...