Windows 10: No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

Discus and support No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Translation: explorer.exeFile not found.Check if the name of the file is correct and retry your attempt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tal20081, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Tal20081 Win User

No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

Translation: explorer.exeFile not found.Check if the name of the file is correct and retry your attempt.

:)

Tal20081, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Deleting Files that say they are open in Windows Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)

• Right-click on windows explorer.

• End task (Note: don’t close Task manager).

• Click on File > Run new task.

• Type explorer.exe and press enter and check it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 23, 2022
  3. file explorer and desktop icons wont open

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

We got reports/feedback that we are seeing some issues where the desktop icons is non-responsive. Please try the following steps and check if it resolves the file explorer and desktop icon issue:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type PowerShell.
    • Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the PowerShell window.
    • Reboot.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to follow the suggestion given by DrTarr1962 on the below mentioned thread and check if it helps:

Redirecting

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 23, 2022
  4. RicVittum Win User

No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

That's not Windows 10. Mine opens that stupid window at the startup, and checking the startup folder, there is NO item there saying Files Explorer. That was no help at all.

RicVittum, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found. - Similar Threads - desktop try open

2. No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.: Translation: explorer.exeFile not found.Check if the name of the file is correct and retry your attempt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-when-i-try-to-open-explorer-exe-from/c308e5c2-f0f7-4d99-9d6f-232f4cc158ba
  3. No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.: Translation: explorer.exeFile not found.Check if the name of the file is correct and retry your attempt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-when-i-try-to-open-explorer-exe-from/c308e5c2-f0f7-4d99-9d6f-232f4cc158ba
  4. windows explorer not found in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer not found in task manager: - after sign in the screen goes blank- only task manager works- windows explorer is not found in task manager- able to shut down and restart with same issue- how do you add windows explorer to start up?...
  5. windows explorer not found in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer not found in task manager: - after sign in the screen goes blank- only task manager works- windows explorer is not found in task manager- able to shut down and restart with same issue- how do you add windows explorer to start up?...
  6. Task Manager says many tasks open when opening computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager says many tasks open when opening computer: So I've had my computer now for about a year and haven't had a big problem until now. what I've encountered is that in task manager I'm seeing that there are many different tabs i have never seen that are open. I've tried restarting and as soon as i load the computer and open...
  7. I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...: I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-when-to-task-manager-and-stopped-file-explorer/5ec890d6-8fbf-4ccb-b170-fd3c0327643e"
  8. Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager and File Explorer won't open: The OS is WIndows 10. Getting some issues trying to open the File Explorer. Other applications will open normally, but File Explorer won't open. I attempted to open Task Manager, first via ctrl+alt+del, then via Run. Neither method would allow the Task Manager to actually...
  9. Error when I try to open task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error when I try to open task manager: When I try to open task manager sometimes I get this error : Taskmgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found The procudure entry point ImageList_CoCreateInstance could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe And I get this error sometimes. I...
  10. when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found: when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found, This has started to happen recently. I have a word document I want to save to desktop for easy access. I save as to desktop and I get the message: C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\XXXXXXXXXXXXX.docx File not found....