Windows 10: No device drivers when upgrade to windows 10 using iso boot usb

Discus and support No device drivers when upgrade to windows 10 using iso boot usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a laptop locked out in windows 7 - I was advised to make a windows 10 usb iso boot from usb to re format the laptop to windows 10, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bazzoo, Jan 16, 2020.

1. bazzoo Win User

No device drivers when upgrade to windows 10 using iso boot usb

Hi

I have a laptop locked out in windows 7 - I was advised to make a windows 10 usb iso boot from usb to re format the laptop to windows 10, however everytime I try to install I get a message saying 'No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, then click ok'

I download the iso windows 10 directly from Microsoft so I figured it would have all the drivers, am I missing something here?

:)

bazzoo, Jan 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. No device drivers when upgrade to windows 10 using iso boot usb - Similar Threads - device drivers upgrade

2. Windows 10 not booting when USB devices are plugged into computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not booting when USB devices are plugged into computer: Hi everyone, My computer started to not boot into Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and it just sat on a black screen. I then went into BIOS and checked but I couldn't alter anything which might've helped. The blue recovery screen appeared and I have re-installed windows...
  3. Boot Windows 10 by using USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Windows 10 by using USB: I booted Windows 10 using USB, but in the interface of USB I can't find drives C: and D :. In the picture, C: is my usb, besides I don't see any other drive What Should I Do?[IMG]...
  4. No device drivers were found" when installing Windows 10 using a USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No device drivers were found" when installing Windows 10 using a USB: This is a similar question to others, however, my particular situation is a little different. I built my own PC and have been using linux as my only OS since I built it last year. Recently I got a new second SSD that I want to install windows onto so that I can play some...
  5. Windows 10 not activated Upon using USB ISO to Update a Windows 7 Device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 not activated Upon using USB ISO to Update a Windows 7 Device: I recently purchased a used Dell Optiplex that had Windows 7. I installed a new SSD into the computer. I then used a USB Flashdrive to update the computer to Windows 10, onto the SSD. I also formatted the Hard Drive during this time. Upon completion, Windows had not...
  6. "No device drivers were found" when installing Windows 10 using a USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "No device drivers were found" when installing Windows 10 using a USB: I have just finished a PC build and when booting windows it tells me "No device drivers were found". Many users have said simply to switch USB ports to 2.0 ports but my PC case is a newer model and only has USB 3.0 ports. Many have also said to use an ISO file on the USB and...
  7. GSOD when plug in USB device using FTDI drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GSOD when plug in USB device using FTDI drivers: When I plug in a device via USB the WIN10 OS immediately generates stopcode error: NOMORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS (green screen) and machine reboots or freezes. WIN10 Pro x64, OS Insider build 19631, release 200514_1410. Driver installations of course don't appear in the device...
  8. Windows 10 64 bit upgrade ISO or USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 64 bit upgrade ISO or USB: So i wanted to upgrade my windows 10 to 64 bit, but the problem is i dont have an usb, so im stuck with iso option, idk what iso is, can someone explain and how it works if i wanted to upgrade my windows 10 to 64 bit from 32 bit...
  9. repair upgrade using windows 10 ISO file

repair upgrade using windows 10 ISO file: need to repair win 10. keeps crashing during updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-upgrade-using-windows-10-iso-file/b6308f78-26d0-4099-91a3-68e4dcc648ee
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO

Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO: Hi, I don't have a lot of data at home so I downloaded the ISO at work. I tried a clean install but Windows won't accept my product key. Is it possible to bypass the download in Windows 8 and upgrade using the ISO I downloaded? Thank you. 9539