Windows 10: No devices nor touchscreen work after uninstalling that microsoft extensible driver thing

Discus and support No devices nor touchscreen work after uninstalling that microsoft extensible driver thing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so I've been having problems putting my computer to sleep for the past few days, so today i tried using powercfg -lastwake in the command console and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Attacker3000Person, Jan 13, 2020.

1. No devices nor touchscreen work after uninstalling that microsoft extensible driver thing

so I've been having problems putting my computer to sleep for the past few days, so today i tried using powercfg -lastwake in the command console and it said the device that was causing it to wake up was something along the lines of "intel 3.0 extensible driver host microsoft". i looked it up, and it seemed safe to uninstall. so i uninstall it and my keyboard, mouse, and somehow even the touchscreen stopped working. is there a way to fix this?

:)

Attacker3000Person, Jan 13, 2020

2. Touchscreen stopped working -driver missing from laptop

Hi Julie,

There are several ways to resolve touchscreen issues such us updating the driver, installing available updates or downloading the driver from its manufacturer website. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    What to try if your touchscreen doesn't work

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Touchscreen driver

To assist you further regarding your concern, we' d like to know which version of Windows are you using? On the other hand, you may uninstall and reinstall the touchscreen driver on your device. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.

• Expand the Human Interface Devices section, right-click on
      HID-compliant touch screen.
    • On the Driver tab, select Uninstall and click
      OK.
    • Restarting your device may download and reinstall the touchscreen driver automatically if you're computer is connected to the Internet. However, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer's website of your device to get the latest touchscreen driver.

Note: There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen
    listed. If so, complete steps 2, 3 and 4 for each one. It is also recommended that you install every updates available for your device.

Once you're done, you may adjust the accuracy of the screen senses by calibrating it through the settings. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input
      and press Enter.
    • Click Calibrate on the Display tab and follow the on-screen instructions, click
      Save to save the calibration.
    • Once you're done, click OK and check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 13, 2020
  4. No devices nor touchscreen work after uninstalling that microsoft extensible driver thing

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused No devices nor touchscreen work after uninstalling that microsoft extensible driver thing :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

No devices nor touchscreen work after uninstalling that microsoft extensible driver thing

1. No devices nor touchscreen work after uninstalling that microsoft extensible driver thing - Similar Threads - devices nor touchscreen

2. uninstall touchscreen HID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall touchscreen HID: Please don't answer this question if you don't have/know the answer. I keep uninstalling the driver/device HID touchscreen and it keeps reinstalling itself. This behavior is making my life miserable. Uninstall means to uninstall and I am sick of this. I don't want to use or...
  3. uninstall touchscreen HID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uninstall touchscreen HID: Please don't answer this question if you don't have/know the answer. I keep uninstalling the driver/device HID touchscreen and it keeps reinstalling itself. This behavior is making my life miserable. Uninstall means to uninstall and I am sick of this. I don't want to use or...
  4. uninstall touchscreen HID

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. touchscreen driver

touchscreen driver: how do I get a driver for touchscreen windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-driver/f6e71e43-c128-4f5e-935f-168d7c977af4
  6. Touchscreen not working after updates

Touchscreen not working after updates: After installed Windows 10 Pro updates my Touchscreen on my Dell is not working. The drives appear to be the problem, but I cannot find the drivers on Windows Update to fix what the new updates caused. The drives needed are for a Dell Laptop for the N-trig Duosense...
  7. Device Driver Uninstall

Device Driver Uninstall: I have tried to uninstall the old basic drivers from my old HP printer, before installing the software for my new Canon printer, but get an “error 5 for package” message saying “A caller of DriverPackageInstall must be a member of the Administrators group to install a driver...
  8. Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled?

Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled?: Hello everybody, now that I finally know why several drivers are installed in the device manager for some devices with/for the same device ID*, the question arises how these Extension INFs are managed. For example, I have an Intel UHD 620 which has been getting extensions...
  9. touchscreen drivers

touchscreen drivers: Why would you hide the touchscreen drivers this is for a LENOVO Yoga 300-11ibr model 80m10042uk gone to the forum now you have locked the thread to prevent an answer WHY? I have the time and money to pursue this issue just provide the driver or the location I have spent...
  10. Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers

Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers: I have an old tablet PC with a touchscreen and pen that I upgraded to Windows 10 (from 8.1), and initially the touch screen capabilities worked fine but the pen was useless. After Windows Update automatically installed the drivers for pen/Intel HD graphics/etc, the pen worked...