Windows 10: No direct "Save to"-window at file download in new MS Edge Stable v86

Discus and support No direct "Save to"-window at file download in new MS Edge Stable v86 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello together, since my Microsoft Edge Stable updated to version 86, I don't get the "Save to"-window directly, before a file download starts. Now I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by allesgeheim, Oct 9, 2020.

1. No direct "Save to"-window at file download in new MS Edge Stable v86

Hello together,

since my Microsoft Edge Stable updated to version 86, I don't get the "Save to"-window directly, before a file download starts. Now I to click on "Save to", when the browser is asking me, what I want to do with the file. Only then I geht the "Save to"-window. How can I prevent, that the browser is asking me the same question for each download? Or how can I download a file like before in version 85?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

:)

allesgeheim, Oct 9, 2020

2. Downloading using MS Edge

Hi,

Are you able to find Download folder in the top right corner having 3 horizontal lines in Edge?

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you see the save as option. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Also refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 9, 2020
  4. No direct "Save to"-window at file download in new MS Edge Stable v86

Save Target in MS Edge

The right click, "save target as," function is one of the strongest and most used functions in Internet Explorer. But MS Edge doesn't seem to offer the same option. Right click only gets a short list of 3 possibilities. Left click just opens or runs the
    file you are trying to save. Surely there must be a way to "save target as" in MS Edge. Can someone tell me how?

CatherineMcFarland, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

No direct "Save to"-window at file download in new MS Edge Stable v86

1. No direct "Save to"-window at file download in new MS Edge Stable v86 - Similar Threads - direct Save window

2. MS Edge saved passwords.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge saved passwords.: My saved passwords/email addresses do not appear in a dropdown list when I click the email box.If I then insert one letter it lists only the email addresses starting with that letter including the passwords.Two identical PCs and this has only appeared on one PC a couple of...
  3. MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos: This started happening after the latest update. What happens is, when I try to download a webm video file, it only displays the Open dialog and launches my external video player (mpv) and streams the video from the link. It doesn't save the file even temporarily. I've already...
  4. View saved passwords using the new MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View saved passwords using the new MS Edge: I am using the new MS Edge and want to check my saved passwords. I am able to get the the screen that shows the sites and usernames but the passwords are hidden. To view, it says "Microsoft Edge is trying to show passwords. Enter your Windows password to allow this." Okay...
  5. View saved passwords using the new MS Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View saved passwords using the new MS Edge: I am using the new MS Edge and want to check my saved passwords. I am able to get the the screen that shows the sites and usernames but the passwords are hidden. To view, it says "Microsoft Edge is trying to show passwords. Enter yourWindows password to allow this." Okay...
  6. New Stable Edge Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Stable Edge Version: How to get the new edge public/stable version manually? Using v1909, got a cumulative update today, but edge isn't upgraded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-stable-edge-version/24a98cac-3661-43c8-8197-b32fe5972f5a
  7. downloads in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloads in MS Edge: I downloaded an app in MS Edge but now I want to delete it. The problem is I do not know the path to where it downloaded to. I know on my phone I just go into settings/apps/ and can find all apps. Where does MS Edge put downloads? It is not in my downloads folder. I look...
  8. Direct download of isos from MS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Direct download of isos from MS: The direct route of downloading isos (spoofing browser or via a non windiws device) on windows 10 MS download site seems to be broken at the moment. Can anybody confirm? 117651
  9. How to block file downloads in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to block file downloads in MS Edge?: Is there a way to block file downloads in MS Edge? We are using Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot seem to find any information on how this can be achieved.. I would of suspected that this feature is derived from IE policies. We currently have policies in place for IE and...
  10. Not a Fan of MS Edge? Opera Stable Updated with Windows 10 Improvement

in Browsers and Email
    Not a Fan of MS Edge? Opera Stable Updated with Windows 10 Improvement: [img] Opera stable 33.0.1990.58 now available for download Windows 10 comes with a brand new browser, but it’s no surprise that Edge isn’t everyone’s cup of tea for the moment, especially because it still lacks key functionality, such as support for extensions....