Windows 10: No directory permissions, but it's my account and I'm an Admin

Discus and support No directory permissions, but it's my account and I'm an Admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So Windows randomly sets some folders as read-only and I can't seem to change them to read-write. [img] When I click on the Advanced button, me as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Oct 31, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

No directory permissions, but it's my account and I'm an Admin

So Windows randomly sets some folders as read-only and I can't seem to change them to read-write.

No directory permissions, but it's my account and I'm an Admin [​IMG]

When I click on the Advanced button, me as the user has no ability to modify subfolders.

No directory permissions, but it's my account and I'm an Admin [​IMG]

I even tried this command from an elevated prompt, which seemed to work, but in reality did not enable me to change the problem folder to read-write.

C:\Program Files>attrib -r -s adobe\*.* /s

:)

2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 31, 2020
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Oct 31, 2020
  4. sfaust Win User

User permissions incorrect (corrupted?) for admin account?

I have a machine I have had for a few years and has been working fine. Suddenly a couple days ago Dropbox gave me an error that it couldn't start and said the error was 'usually because of a permissions error'. Since then, Photoshop will not start, saying it doesn't have access to some files it needs, and I have several other programs that are not working correctly with similar messages. My main account that I use is an admin account, but it is still giving these messages. I did figure out that if I start Dropbox or Photoshop in admin mode they start ok. Other programs also start as administrator and work better but some still seem to have issues.

One program mentions the a folder under the local app data temp folder (C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Temp) so I went there to see what I can see for permissions. My account is listed with full permissions to that folder. I do notice that there is an odd security item named 'LogonSessionId_0_1568081 (NT AUTHORITY)" that I don't remember seeing, but it's not listed as having any permissions at all except for 'special permissions' which is grayed out... If I go to 'Advanced' and 'Edit' for that account it shows basic permissions of 'Read & Execute, List folder contents, and Read'.

I also found in a subfolder of the above named 'UnionWinmdWorkingFolder'. When I go to permissions here it tells me 'You do not have permission to view this objects security properties, even as an administrative user.'

Lastly, along side that temp folder, There are 53 folders named something like 'Tempzxpsign0ce74a38c9836c50' (All start with 'Tempzxpsign' and then have a bunch of letters and numbers after them). All appear to be empty from what I can see.

The only things I can think of that I have installed recently are the Angular CLI and one or two node.js packages but those were well before the issue started...

Anyone else seen this or had this issue? Is this some type of virus? BitDefender doesn't detect anything...

sfaust, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

1. No directory permissions, but it's my account and I'm an Admin - Similar Threads - directory permissions account

2. the admin account’s permissions are broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the admin account’s permissions are broken.: on my PC this is by the way the same admin account from my last PC that is tied to my Microsoft account. The reason i know this is in fact the problem is i am trying to get Battle.net the application to run it gets stuck on the log in and fails to load regardless of having...
  3. the admin account’s permissions are broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the admin account’s permissions are broken.: on my PC this is by the way the same admin account from my last PC that is tied to my Microsoft account. The reason i know this is in fact the problem is i am trying to get Battle.net the application to run it gets stuck on the log in and fails to load regardless of having...
  4. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  5. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  6. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory: Hello everyone, we need to give helpdesk users the ability to reset/unlock/delete etc all users in the AD domain.Currently, by delegating domain control, they can only do this for users with permissions lower than theirs, but for users with the same permissions or higher they...
  8. Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory

Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory: Hello everyone, we need to give helpdesk users the ability to reset/unlock/delete etc all users in the AD domain.Currently, by delegating domain control, they can only do this for users with permissions lower than theirs, but for users with the same permissions or higher they...
  9. USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS: HI, I HAVE BEEN HACKED BADLY AND THE HACKER HAS CHANGED USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISIONS BLOCKING ME FROM HAVING ADMIN ACCESS AND EVEN MY TROUBLESHOOTER IS UNACCESSABLE NOW AS I DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO FIX ANYTHING EVEN THOUGH IM THE OWNER AND SOLE USER OF THIS LAPTOP SINCE I...
  10. Admin Account Aking for Admin permissions.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Account Aking for Admin permissions.: Windows 10 20h2 Im going nuts with this new level of protection. Turned the Uac to the lowest, still im having windows pooping all the time asking for permissions sometimes applications that cant do some actions unless im as admin or copying files to specific folders, its...