Windows 10: NO DISKS DETECTED - so my laptop had problems on it so i booted into ubuntu and then reset...

Discus and support NO DISKS DETECTED - so my laptop had problems on it so i booted into ubuntu and then reset... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/notyounis [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notyounis, Mar 24, 2020.

1. NO DISKS DETECTED - so my laptop had problems on it so i booted into ubuntu and then reset...

/u/notyounis, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

No soundcard detected on Windows 10 (dual boot with Ubuntu)?

Hi Evan,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the
    3rdparty Operating System you have installed
    has corrupted some of your system files
    and causing it to be unable to detect your
    sound card. We suggest that you run the
    System File Checker (SFC)
    and the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM). To do this, follow these
    steps:

Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

If the issue persists, kindly contact your laptop's
    manufacturer
    for further assistance regarding your
    sound card.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 24, 2020
  3. dcf-joe Win User
    dual boot xp and ubuntu

I had that problem a few months ago, but dual-booting is really easy. I am currently dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. Use this website here for a guide to dual-booting XP and Ubuntu: APC's April 2020 issue is on sale now! | TechRadar (I actually did not use this guide at all, but I did pretty much the same thing!)

If you are unable to get your boot working with this guide, reply to this message, and I will write out a step-by-step guide, but it will involve you already having a partition set out for XP (as in you are not already using your entire hard drive space for XP alone.) Even though I write the guide with experience from Vista, it will work with XP

dcf-joe, Mar 24, 2020
  4. NO DISKS DETECTED - so my laptop had problems on it so i booted into ubuntu and then reset...

Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

Hello.

I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case),
    where Ubuntu was stored. But, now whenever I boot my system, a black grub screen comes with the following message:

"Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device completions.

grub> _"

Upon writing 'exit', I am able to enter Windows.

1. I wish to know the reason behind it and how it can be removed.

2. I found this site, Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot, I went ahead and performed all the steps. But somehow
    ended up with this error.

Also, I saw your reply on this thread Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10.
    But it did not help me to remove my error. I will really appreciate your help in removing this error.

Thank you.

ShreyaShah7, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

NO DISKS DETECTED - so my laptop had problems on it so i booted into ubuntu and then reset...

1. NO DISKS DETECTED - so my laptop had problems on it so i booted into ubuntu and then reset... - Similar Threads - DISKS DETECTED laptop

2. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot: So i did a "reset this pc" and my pc wont boot now i does not even go to the login screen only thing i see is my motherboard name on my screen for a few secunds and then it goes black and over and over again i did not touch my pc and it just keep reseting from the only screen...
  3. So I tried to reset my pc. After doing so it's now stich with the "INACCESSIBLE BOOT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I tried to reset my pc. After doing so it's now stich with the "INACCESSIBLE BOOT...: So I tried to reset my pc. After doing so it's now stich with the "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" and constantly reboots. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-tried-to-reset-my-pc-after-doing-so-its-now/fa801237-51e8-4413-84ea-9cd84718ac82
  4. So I tried to reset my pc. After doing so it's now stich with the "INACCESSIBLE BOOT...

So I tried to reset my pc. After doing so it's now stich with the "INACCESSIBLE BOOT...: So I tried to reset my pc. After doing so it's now stich with the "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" and constantly reboots. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-tried-to-reset-my-pc-after-doing-so-its-now/fa801237-51e8-4413-84ea-9cd84718ac82
  5. windows issues so i reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows issues so i reset my laptop: hey guys. i had a little question. my laptop screen is cracked so i am using second monitor screen project . Now i amthinking of resetting Windows. If i reset in this condition then there is no problem then the screen will be projected, it will not happen. Windows defender...
  6. windows issues so i reset my laptop

windows issues so i reset my laptop: hey guys. i had a little question. my laptop screen is cracked so i am using second monitor screen project . Now i amthinking of resetting Windows. If i reset in this condition then there is no problem then the screen will be projected, it will not happen. Windows defender...
  7. windows issues so i reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. So I downloaded windows 10 on my UBS because my PC had a unfixable BSOD so I save and reset...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I downloaded windows 10 on my UBS because my PC had a unfixable BSOD so I save and reset...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Panda_Sap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lt1w33/so_i_downloaded_windows_10_on_my_ubs_because_my/
  9. So many problems with my laptop!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So many problems with my laptop!: Hi I am having issues with my laptop which is an HP Stream. I had it bought for me as a Christmas present back in 2016. Windows 10 is the operating system on it. So a few issues have developed on it over the past few months. I have listed them below: Keyboard unexpectedly...
  10. Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery.: I was sent back to my Windows 7 original OS. I made a back up DVD. Now I need to access the backup files but can't. I figured I could reinstall my Windows 10 upgrade and access the files. I can't find out how to reinstall Win 10. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 17334