Windows 10: No display after entering pin and no cursor

Discus and support No display after entering pin and no cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I install a new SSD recently which is working great but for a couple of days whenever I switch on the PC it asks for the pin then nothing, no display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Estasi0, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Estasi0 Win User

No display after entering pin and no cursor

I install a new SSD recently which is working great but for a couple of days whenever I switch on the PC it asks for the pin then nothing, no display whatsoever, no cursor no task manager no nothing, the monitor dialog says "no display" but when I enter the BIOS and do nothing and just click "save and reboot" it turns on. I can get my PC to start but every time I have to enter the BIOS to do so. I looked for other FAQs then crosschecked connections and restored the BIOS to default and even ran the repair from the advanced recovery menu but the issue still persists.

:)

Estasi0, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

No display after entering pin and no cursor [​IMG]

No display after entering pin and no cursor [​IMG]

Kupuna, Sep 22, 2020
  3. can not enter lock screen PIN

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are unable to enter PIN on lock screen.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• Are you able to enter password to login?

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Step1: Boot your system in safe mode.

Refer:

Start your PC in safe mode in
    Windows 10

If you are able to boot into safe mode update display drivers.

Step 2:
    Update display drivers.

a. Press Windows + X, Click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand Display
    Adapters

c. Check if the name of the graphic card is the list.

d. Right click on the Display Adapter’s name and click
    Update.

e. You may reinstall the drivers from Computer Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 22, 2020
  4. No display after entering pin and no cursor

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

No display after entering pin and no cursor

1. No display after entering pin and no cursor - Similar Threads - display entering pin

2. Display Quality Issue After Entering Sleepmode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Quality Issue After Entering Sleepmode.: Hello,I'm not exactly sure how to describe my issue nor have I been able to find anything along the lines of others with a similar problem. My settings for my, recently built Windows 11, PC are set so that if it is idle for 5 minutes that the screen will turn off. This is the...
  3. Display Quality Issue After Entering Sleepmode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Quality Issue After Entering Sleepmode.: Hello,I'm not exactly sure how to describe my issue nor have I been able to find anything along the lines of others with a similar problem. My settings for my, recently built Windows 11, PC are set so that if it is idle for 5 minutes that the screen will turn off. This is the...
  4. Hangs up after entering PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hangs up after entering PIN: I've seen other issues getting stuck at the PIN, this isn't that.It allows me to enter the PIN, and hang when trying to open the user.I'm not real techie with this, hopefully, it's posted in the right place.I've tried ALT/CNTL/DEL, and ALT or CNTL and tab, it's still trying...
  5. Hangs up after entering PIN

Hangs up after entering PIN: I've seen other issues getting stuck at the PIN, this isn't that.It allows me to enter the PIN, and hang when trying to open the user.I'm not real techie with this, hopefully, it's posted in the right place.I've tried ALT/CNTL/DEL, and ALT or CNTL and tab, it's still trying...
  6. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  7. Can't enter PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  8. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  9. Can't enter PIN

10. cursor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor display: How, or where do I go, to set the thickness of my cursor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-display/f37b937c-6f07-4614-9b13-46c4726fec61