Windows 10: no display after sucessful installation

Discus and support no display after sucessful installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Intel Compu Stick 2015 whose display no longer works after installing Windows 10 updates which took over an hour to complete after a restart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dannyaguas, Jul 9, 2020.

1. no display after sucessful installation

I have a Intel Compu Stick 2015 whose display no longer works after installing Windows 10 updates which took over an hour to complete after a restart. I can not access the bios f2 coz there is no display for me to reset it factory settings.

:)

dannyaguas, Jul 9, 2020

2. black border on display after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the Mice and other pointing drivers.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’

If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Display issue after installing Windows 10

Hi Peter,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue you are facing with occurs due to outdated or corrupted drivers.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    I

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• Type Windows Update in the search box on task bar, and hit
      Enter.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

no display after sucessful installation

No video after installing Windows10

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the left pane click on View all
    • Select Video Playback.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
    • Locate the display driver.
    • Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Arul_D, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

no display after sucessful installation

1. no display after sucessful installation - Similar Threads - display sucessful installation

2. VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.: This is a thread following the thread in forums.virtualbox.org. link:VirtualBox does not install, uninstall and repair - virtualbox.orgI accidently installed virtualbox in E: Drive. but when I uninstalled virtualbox, the files were still in the E: Drive.When I try to open the...
  3. VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.: This is a thread following the thread in forums.virtualbox.org. link:VirtualBox does not install, uninstall and repair - virtualbox.orgI accidently installed virtualbox in E: Drive. but when I uninstalled virtualbox, the files were still in the E: Drive.When I try to open the...
  4. I'm trying to install Syntoy 2.1 on Windows 10 get prompted to install .Net 5.0 no sucess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to install Syntoy 2.1 on Windows 10 get prompted to install .Net 5.0 no sucess: Synctoy 2.1 is downloaded from Microsoft. Running the installer produces a message saying that the program needs Net Framework 5.0 and makes a prompt asking me if I would like to fix that. This brings me to a page where Net Framework 5.0 can be installed. I install and...
  5. No screen displayed after RAM install

No screen displayed after RAM install: Hello I have a sony laptop that has 4gb ram already installed. I have another 4gb RAM, but the difference is that the one i have already in the system is blue, ddr3, kingston. And the one im installing into the system is green, ddr3, samsung. They are both the same speeds...
  6. ssd not displaying after a windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ssd not displaying after a windows install: so i installed windows a few months ago and when i go to windows setup now it doesnt display my ssd. arch also doesnt display it too. submitted by /u/ZerockmAccGone [link] [comments]...
  7. I have purchased License & tried to install windows 10 Was is sucessful?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have purchased License & tried to install windows 10 Was is sucessful?: J have installed what I was advised to install Then I purchased license. I tried to install windows 10mm I don's know if it was successful...
  8. System Restore did not complete sucessfully

System Restore did not complete sucessfully: Networking suddenly quit on my HP Win 10 laptop. Worked fine then the next morning it didn't. Connects to the wi-fi, logs in ok, but tells me it cannot access the internet. My Win 7 machine still connects to the internet as does my Android phone so I suspect the LAN is ok....
  9. Update sucessful

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update sucessful: W10 catches me out every time I switch the pc on. A box with "update successful" shows momentarily, so I look in installed updates and find that the last update is a few days old. 4263
  10. Have 2 sucessful installed KB 3150513 and download stuck on 3rd

Have 2 sucessful installed KB 3150513 and download stuck on 3rd: Dear All, In my update history says I have 2 KB3150513 installed on different dates successfully and the KB 4013429 too plus others. One KB 4015438 cumulative update failed on 10 April17 I checked for updates this morning and it started and then got stuck @ .97% This...