Windows 10: No display after updating graphics drivers (Windows 10)

Discus and support No display after updating graphics drivers (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So recently one of my friends was having computer issues, his CPU and RAM Usage was at 100% constantly, at bootup, and was still at 100% even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by NatBae, Mar 19, 2020.

1. NatBae Win User

No display after updating graphics drivers (Windows 10)

So recently one of my friends was having computer issues, his CPU and RAM Usage was at 100% constantly, at bootup, and was still at 100% even after waiting 30+ min with nothing running. He attempted to update his GPU drivers, and after doing so he is getting no display at all. He is unable to see the BIOS start menu from the motherboard, he is unable to see any windows loading. We know his PC is starting up as the lights on his keyboard works, but he is unable to see any display. He has tried an alternative monitor with an alternative cable with and without his GPU installed (trying to use on board graphics) and has had no display either way. Since we are unable to boot with any display we are unable to load into the BIOS or load into safemode. Any help is appreciated.

His Specs
    CPU - I5 6402p
    GPU - Radeon RX 480
    RAM- 8GB DDR3

:)

NatBae, Mar 19, 2020

2. Upgraded to Windows 10 but graphics driver now needs to update

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 19, 2020
  4. No display after updating graphics drivers (Windows 10)

Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

No display after updating graphics drivers (Windows 10)

1. No display after updating graphics drivers (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - display updating graphics

2. Windows 10 lagging after graphics driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lagging after graphics driver update: Recently I've updated my graphic driver and after I update my windows just keeps lagging and when I check my task manager, it doesn't show the gpu temperature...
  3. Windows 10 lagging after graphics driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 lagging after graphics driver update: Recently I've updated my graphic driver and after I update my windows just keeps lagging and when I check my task manager, it doesn't show the gpu temperature...
  4. Windows 10 lagging after graphics driver update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers: Hello, ever since I updated my drivers on 10/25/22 I have had multiple display crashes where I can still hear audio, and that will eventually crash as well. To my knowledge this is the first instance of this happening.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  6. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers: Hello, ever since I updated my drivers on 10/25/22 I have had multiple display crashes where I can still hear audio, and that will eventually crash as well. To my knowledge this is the first instance of this happening.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  7. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

8. Windows lags after updating graphics driver

Windows lags after updating graphics driver: I just updated my graphic driver to the latest version. AMD Radeon R5 M330 and AMD R5 Graphics. After updating my laptop to Windows 10, it kinda lags and freezes. Idk if it the driver or the update....
  9. Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?): My Dell Inspiron Laptop, with Windows 10, suddenly seems to have a huge display / graphics driver problem. Everything was working fine yesterday, but today I started my laptop, only to find many problems: 1. I cannot adjust the brightness with the buttons on my keyboard 2....
  10. Compatible display graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compatible display graphics drivers: I am not satisfied with the display performance of my Lenovo laptop (ThinkPad series model X131e) coupled with the recent start-up and auto repair failure. And I tried to update the display graphics drivers but it's different from the one in Lenovo's website. I've also...