Windows 10: No Display During Factory Reset

Discus and support No Display During Factory Reset in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop whose screen is cracked, broken and unreadable. To use it, I have an external keyboard/mouse and an HDMI cord hooked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by vid00d, Dec 27, 2019.

1. vid00d Win User

No Display During Factory Reset

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 laptop whose screen is cracked, broken and unreadable. To use it, I have an external keyboard/mouse and an HDMI cord hooked up to a TV monitor. I decided to factory reset the laptop, but I'm four hours in and the display to the TV monitor no longer works; the TV cannot get a signal. I can see that the laptop is on because its screen is illuminated (again, just cracked and unusable). I have no idea what the progress of the factory reset is.

What should I do?

:)

vid00d, Dec 27, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 27, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Dec 27, 2019
  4. No Display During Factory Reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

No Display During Factory Reset

1. No Display During Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Display During Factory

2. Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset: I am using a windows 11 laptop, and I tried to factory reset my laptop to remove unwanted files. However, after the computer has finished resetting it says I need to connect to a network to continue setting up my device. After connecting to a network, and it says it’s...
  3. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  4. No monitor signal during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No monitor signal during factory reset: Hello, I have a problem with the pc.I have no monitor signal during reset windows to factory settings.Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-monitor-signal-during-factory-reset/f9c99b4c-da7f-49a0-8716-787665382127
  5. No monitor signal during factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No monitor signal during factory reset: Hello, I have a problem with the pc.I have no monitor signal during reset windows to factory settings.Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-monitor-signal-during-factory-reset/f9c99b4c-da7f-49a0-8716-787665382127
  6. Is unplugging the laptop during a factory reset bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is unplugging the laptop during a factory reset bad?: I was a bit concerned if unplugging the laptop during a factory reset will affect the system or not. the electricity goes out quite frequently where i live and i'm afraid if having so during a reset might cause issues. please let me know....
  7. Is unplugging the laptop during a factory reset bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is unplugging the laptop during a factory reset bad?: I was a bit concerned if unplugging the laptop during a factory reset will affect the system or not. the electricity goes out quite frequently where i live and i'm afraid if having so during a reset might cause issues. please let me know....
  8. During the factory reset the screen freezes

During the factory reset the screen freezes: During resetting my laptop to factory reset, the process got stuck in the middle and the screen is showing the same screen for more than 5 Hours . If any one can help then plz do. Thanks in advance....
  9. Unplugging during a factory reset

Unplugging during a factory reset: I just want to know if I can unplug my laptop's charger now that it's performing a factory reset because the battery is 100% and I'm afraid keeping it plugged in would damage the battery. However before performing the factory reset i was told that the reset would only be done...
  10. Stuck during factory reset.

Stuck during factory reset.: So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours. 9964