Windows 10: No display, mouse or keyboard after BSOD and BIOS error message

Discus and support No display, mouse or keyboard after BSOD and BIOS error message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few days ago my daughter installed and launched Autodesk Revit on a Windows 10 Pro PC. While using the software, the system showed a BSOD: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Paultx Win User

No display, mouse or keyboard after BSOD and BIOS error message

A few days ago my daughter installed and launched Autodesk Revit on a Windows 10 Pro PC. While using the software, the system showed a BSOD:

No display, mouse or keyboard after BSOD and BIOS error message [​IMG]

Then she turned the PC off pressing the case power button. After she turned it on, came the BIOS error message:

She chose to hit N and the system restarted. Windows was back, but without the mouse and the keyboard.

She turned the PC off again via the case power button, and then came the worst: now there is no display, no mouse, no keyboard, although both the computer and the monitor can be turned and stay on.

She told me that the BSOD appeared about three times during that day and only after she installed Autodesk Revit. Is it possible that this software messed things up, maybe by replacing some drivers or DLLs or whatnot?
    Or is it only some sort of hardware issue? Any ideas? TIA.

:)

Paultx, Jun 15, 2017
  2. arthurven Win User

Windows 10 Choose Keyboard Layout

I have tried to get past the Choose Keyboard screen three times. I've unplugged all USB devices except

keyboard and mouse.

Went into BIOS but I don't have "Legacy" as choice. Nor do I have a choice for fast boot or secure boot.

I even tried installing a PS2 adapter on the mouse but got a Code 10 error message.

PC reverts to 8.1 after I reboot.

When I attempt to install Windows 10, It reboots and at the windows logo the lights on my mouse and keyboard are on. They then turn off and the keyboard selection screen is displayed with no way of we responding.

Still looking for a solution

arthurven, Jun 15, 2017
  3. No password prompt on startup

After restarting Windows 10, there is no password prompt displayed. After holding the power button to restart, I can still access the BIOS setup options by pressing F10. I can navigate so I know the mouse and keyboard are working, and run SMART support
    (with no errors). However, after trying to restart, everything appears to be booting/loading as normal, but there is no password prompt displayed, and it does not appear the mouse or keyboard work either. The wallpaper and clock show as you would expect,
    just no password prompt to be able to move ahead further.

JackEldridge, Jun 15, 2017
  4. No display, mouse or keyboard after BSOD and BIOS error message

Hi Paultx.

First thing I would do is boot and enter the BIOS. You should see options when you first turn on, lots of machines enter the BIOS or Setup through F2, some through ESC and other Del.

All Bios are different but I would hope that you would see an option to set everything to default. I would do that.

While you are there ensure machine see all the memory you think you have installed. Save the changes and attempt booting.

If this doesn't work to reset BIOS you can unplug computer, open case and remove the CMOS battery, looks like a coin. Note orientation. Use some care.

Assuming you can can get BIOS reset we would then hope your machine boots.

If if still doesn't work since the BSOD you posted is related to memory I would run this diagnostic tool.

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 16, 2017
  5. Paultx Win User
    Caledon Ken, I can't have access to the BIOS because the monitor can be turned on but it doesn't display anything.

Paultx, Jun 18, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Hi there, Paultx. Most likely some drivers may have been corrupted. Do you have any install or backup media?

Performing a search I see Autodesk Revit plays havoc with some systems. Autodesk Revit BSOD - Bing

Tony K, Jun 18, 2017
  7. bobkn Win User
    You get no POST (power on self test) display? That doesn't sound like a Windows problem.

All that I can suggest is clearing the CMOS (also known as resetting the real time clock). That can usually be done with a jumper or a pushbutton. As you haven't supplied any information about the PC, I can't look for any information on how to do that.

bobkn, Jun 18, 2017
  8. No display, mouse or keyboard after BSOD and BIOS error message

Agree with bobkn, the bios messages don't use Windows drivers. If bobkn suggestions don't work as I posted in post 2, remove the coin shape battery.

If you still don't get any bios messages try a different video port, maybe just VGA on computer and monitor.

While you are inside desktop reseat card and reseat power connection to video card, if you are using add on card.

Might I also suggests hold shift key down next time you power down. Not sure what your power button is set to do but if it is shutdown then holding the shift key should by-pass Windows Fast Startup.

Caledon Ken, Jun 18, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    Of course you gentlemen are correct. I jumped to fast. *Redface

Tony K, Jun 18, 2017
  10. Paultx Win User
    After I turn on the monitor and the computer, both stay on, but the monitor shows nothing. I tried to access the BIOS by hitting the usual keys during boot (Esc, F2, F8, F10, F12) TNA. I think there's something wrong that won't let the PC communicate or connect with the monitor, the mouse and the keyboard.

This is the info I got from one of the original PC vendor's emails:

Processor: Intel Core I7 930 2.8GHz LGA 1366 Box
    Motherboard: Intel Core I7 (LGA 1366) | BOXDX58SO
    RAM: 3 Kingston 4096 MB (4GB) DDR3 1333Mhz PC3-10600
    Hard disk: Samsung HDD 1TB SATA2
    Graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1GB DDR3 256-bit
    Optical disc drive: LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner
    PSU: 3R System 500W | IceAge IA500HP80
    Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition

There are also two 500 GB HDDs I added later. Keep in mind that, although it's never been used on a daily basis (actually only a few hours a week), it's an old desktop PC, purchased in 2010.

Paultx, Jun 18, 2017
  11. Page 57 of this manual for jumpers. Configuration 2-3 Location page 56. Once in maintenance mode F9 resets (see page 20)

Actually Back to BIOS on page 20 looks like preferred method and you are not trying to remove passwords. You don't even have to open case

Before resetting note all values in case they are needed.

Battery extraction replacement page 58

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/48...page=57#manual

Did you hold shift key down as you powered down.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 18, 2017
  12. Paultx Win User
    I'm going to try these new suggestions next weekend with the help of my workplace IT guy. Thanks again!

Paultx, Jun 19, 2017
  13. Paultx Win User

The problem was the CMOS battery. And Revit is working OK. Case solved. Thanks again.

Paultx, Jun 24, 2017
  14. Great news. If you wouldn't mind marking thread solved others will find your solution.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No display, mouse or keyboard after BSOD and BIOS error message - Similar Threads - display mouse keyboard

2. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  4. Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows: [IMG]When a keyboard or mouse works in BIOS but not in Windows, it creates problems and makes the computer difficult to use. Such a thing happens to some users. They can use their keyboard or mouse in BIOS, but when they exit BIOS, their keyboard or mouse becomes dead. If you...
  5. No display signal, keyboard or mouse connection after bios settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display signal, keyboard or mouse connection after bios settings: Hello,I have come here with a great hope. Please help me in this matter. Actually , I have made some settings in bios. Like, I have changed performance bias to agressive and reduced the ram from 3600mhz to 3200 mhz. After that , I save the settings and then the display turns...
  6. No display signal, keyboard or mouse connection after bios settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No display signal, keyboard or mouse connection after bios settings: Hello,I have come here with a great hope. Please help me in this matter. Actually , I have made some settings in bios. Like, I have changed performance bias to agressive and reduced the ram from 3600mhz to 3200 mhz. After that , I save the settings and then the display turns...
  7. Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS: Straight to the point, it seems that the keyboard and mouse USB stopped working when doing a system recovery. It all started with an update which caused instability and applications stops working.I started the steps for a system recovery, however, I have not been able to...
  8. Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS: Straight to the point, it seems that the keyboard and mouse USB stopped working when doing a system recovery. It all started with an update which caused instability and applications stops working.I started the steps for a system recovery, however, I have not been able to...
  9. No USB keyboard or mouse after Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No USB keyboard or mouse after Bios: Just built new computer with Windows 10 and ASUS ROG STRIX B450 motherboard. Every thing was running great for 3 days. Then I decided to load a few more utilities off the motherboard CD and after reboot the keyboard and mouse stopped functioning. The USB ports are live...
  10. error message displayed after bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    error message displayed after bootup: The computer boots,goes to Desktop,then a foghorn sounds and an error message "C:\Windows\Sysytem32\LogiLDA.dll Specified module could not be found."Is Windows looking for this file to complete a process?If so where do I find this file.?...