Windows 10: No display on boot

Discus and support No display on boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have had this problem for more than half a year now, it never really affected me much as I knew a workaround now lemme get into it. So when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iiTheBeast, Dec 10, 2019.

1. No display on boot

So I have had this problem for more than half a year now, it never really affected me much as I knew a workaround now lemme get into it.

So when I boot my PC it shows no signal like it generally would, to get the display I have to use the on/off switch behind my PSU while crashing my PC, and doing it so that I turn it on and off withing a 2 second gap. When I do this display springs up perfectly. Now I don't really understand what causes this but it starts to happen a few times after the PC unexpectedly shuts down after a blackout.

But now it has got worse, my PC would crash to straight nothing like a power cut while I am heavy gaming, like GTA V on v.high - ultra

Specs:-

i3 6098p

MSI GTX 1060 3GB OC

8GB DDR4 2133 Kingston

Corsair VS450 PSU

GIGABYTE H110M-S2-CF

Now I have been monitoring my GPU and CPU temperatures there is nothing wrong there. GPU barely crosses 65 while CPU wont even touch 55.

Nothing is OCed or anything.

I think it is just an issue with my power supply. All I wanna do is get rid of the PC crashing while heavy gaming, though I played yesterday too it didn't crash at all, and today only it has crashed at least 7 times.

submitted by /u/iiTheBeast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iiTheBeast, Dec 10, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Display and booting black screen problem

Hi Aravind,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing issues with booting the device, accessing the hardware devices after booting. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display and other drivers.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: As you have not provided the complete model of your device, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer's website, search for the device model, download the latest drivers for your device and try the below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode, uninstall the existing display drivers, manually install the downloaded drivers and check if it helps.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to Uninstall the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall

Refer to the article on how to manually install the drivers:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: You can install Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2019
  4. ram93 Win User

No display on boot

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

No display on boot

1. No display on boot - Similar Threads - display boot

2. PC booting Several Times, Then no Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC booting Several Times, Then no Display: When I tried to turn on my pc, It tried to boot a few times. I could hear the fan turn on and then turn off and then turn on again. The whole time, I did not get any display. Even after the fan turns on and does not turn off I still don't get any display. My monitor...
  3. PC booting Several Times, Then no Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC booting Several Times, Then no Display: When I tried to turn on my pc, It tried to boot a few times. I could hear the fan turn on and then turn off and then turn on again. The whole time, I did not get any display. Even after the fan turns on and does not turn off I still don't get any display. My monitor...
  4. PC booting Several Times, Then no Display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No display in external monitor on safe boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display in external monitor on safe boot: My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external VGA monitor with the hdmi cable . . I searched on net for a solution and I found that safe booting would solve my problem. From msconfig I clicked on the safe boot option. After which I had to restart my PC. But after that I...
  6. No display in external monitor on safe boot

No display in external monitor on safe boot: My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external VGA monitor with the hdmi cable . . I searched on net for a solution and I found that safe booting would solve my problem. From msconfig I clicked on the safe boot option. After which I had to restart my PC. But after that I...
  7. PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse: my pc tuns on, fan working normal but wont boot, no display then no power on my keyboard and mouse. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turns-on-wont-boot-no-display-no-power-on/e98c7dfc-ae98-4670-a6ea-e6c2a771aa98
  8. PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse

PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse: my pc tuns on, fan working normal but wont boot, no display then no power on my keyboard and mouse. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turns-on-wont-boot-no-display-no-power-on/e98c7dfc-ae98-4670-a6ea-e6c2a771aa98
  9. My PC boots up but the monitor shows no display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC boots up but the monitor shows no display.: My PC boots up but the monitor shows no display. The main problem is that the issue is intermittent. I have checked the monitor and display cable and they are fine. I removed my MSI 1050Ti but the issue persists.Motherboard : Gigabyte H110MS2CPU: Pentium G4560RAM: Corsair...
  10. My PC boots up but the monitor shows no display.

My PC boots up but the monitor shows no display.: My PC boots up but the monitor shows no display. The main problem is that the issue is intermittent. I have checked the monitor and display cable and they are fine. I removed my MSI 1050Ti but the issue persists.Motherboard : Gigabyte H110MS2CPU: Pentium G4560RAM: Corsair...