Windows 10: No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Discus and support No display on monitor when TV set as primary display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rooben Kajima, Mar 16, 2019.

1. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In.

The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display

When VGA is connected to Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter to TV, monitor screen goes black with no source signal showing. VGA No Signal" message means my monitor is working okay but is not getting a signal from my computer. This is expected since my monitor is DVI connected to computer HDMI port not a VGA port.

Now when the VGA cable is disconnected, the pc monitor screen is display. The problem is I can't reset display with a black monitor screen with no source signal. IF I click on detect, computer is not detecting the TV. No squre 1 and 2 is shown. I'm able to watch TV with a black pc monitor screen and sound coming from PC.

I think this what happen: Since the computer was coneccted to TV while being reset and installing Windows 10 it was formatted as the primary display. I did to undo this setting

Before resetting my computer and updating Windows 10, I was able to connect computer to TV. I was able to go to display settings menu. Click on Detect. which told the computer to look for the TV I was connected to. There were two squares, labeled 1 and 2, in the display settings window. Computer detected my TV. Display 1-TV, Display 2- monitor. I selected 2/1. I was able to watch everything on the TV with the sound coming from the computer. The only issue I had was no sound from TV. Reason: AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

Control window logo +P shows project: extend, duplicate etc.

The Radeon setting it shows : Display 1 spec(hp 2011, dvi-d(AMD Radeon (tm) r4 graphics))

monitor connection: DVI with HDMI connected to tower

VGA from computer tower to converter, HDMI from converter to TV

TV input: HDMI

How can I reset display options? Do I need to reinstall Windows 10? Will Windows 10 fix the problem?

***Modified title from: TV primary display***

:)

Rooben Kajima, Mar 16, 2019
  2. client32 Win User

Restore display from "remove this display"

I had right clicked on the desktop and selected Display settings. My TV was list as a monitor there. I selected the monitor and clicked
    Remove this display.

The above steps has not resolved my issue.

client32, Mar 16, 2019
  3. How do I make games open on the primary display?

I have 3 monitors on a nvidia GTX660Ti, with the latest drivers, on windows 10, upgraded from win7, on a PC that I have been gaming on for quite some time now. The hardware itself has been an excellent gaming rig up until the windows upgrade and/or the
    nvidia driver upgrade, but now a number of my games will not start on the primary display, they start on the first display in the list, which is not marked as primary. Both the windows display settings and the nvidia control panel have my central monitor
    identified as the primary display.

• Has anybody encountered this behavior?
    • Is it likely to be windows 10 related or decided by the nvidia driver?
    • Any suggestions on getting this to behave properly, like it used to, without requiring me to disable the other displays to get the primary to be used?

Les Ferguson, Mar 16, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Primary display setting in BIOS to auto or PCIE

Everytime when I start my PC I see a message on my display that it is waiting for a signal, this takes about 8 seconds or so, I have my main monitor connected with DVI-D.

Currently the primary display setting is on "Auto" in the BIOS.
    Now what if I set this to PCIE, would my monitor get the signal immidiately when I startup my PC and getting a faster boot?

Now what if my videocard would be dead for some reason, can I still see the BIOS when I startup the PC by having the display connected to the motherboard for CPU igp when the primary display setting is PCIE?

If my card would be dead sometime for some reason, I probably have to take out the battery from the motherboard a few seconds to reset the BIOS?

P4-630, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

1. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display - Similar Threads - display monitor set

2. I accidentally set my monitor to not primary display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally set my monitor to not primary display: I accidentally pressed something and saw display settings for monitors, I only had one monitor but it showed two, and then I scrolled down and pressed something that made the monitor a secondary monitor accidentally because I was being dumb and it went pitch black. i heard...
  3. I accidentally set my monitor to not primary display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally set my monitor to not primary display: I accidentally pressed something and saw display settings for monitors, I only had one monitor but it showed two, and then I scrolled down and pressed something that made the monitor a secondary monitor accidentally because I was being dumb and it went pitch black. i heard...
  4. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  5. Saving monitor/tv display settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saving monitor/tv display settings?: I'm looking to save my display settings for my monitors/tv whenever I switch between them or have a hotkey or program to change between the two settings. When I use my computer I have 2 monitors I dual screen to but when I switch to my TV I'd like to have a quick way to...
  6. 'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor): submitted by /u/Jesyx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbzx73/movies_and_tv_app_displays_footage_really_bright/
  7. Display on TV as monitor or miricast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display on TV as monitor or miricast: Windows 10, just updated, HP Pavilion Laptop, Intel I5 CPU. TV is Sony XBR55X850C Goal: Connect my laptop to the TV so I can display stuff on the TV. It is a UHD 4K TV. Problem: I have visited multiple site with a search that includes “windows 10” and keep getting...
  8. TV primary display

in Windows 10 Customization
    TV primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  9. 1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display: Our church wants to setup a display composed of four 20" square monitor. This will be our secondary display. Computer specs at the moment: CPU: Intel i3-3210 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 210 RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz MB: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64...
  10. Dual Monitor/TV set up turns off both displays when TV turns on

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor/TV set up turns off both displays when TV turns on: Hi guys, I have a Dell 23" monitor that i have been using on my desktop PC, i recently tried to connect my old TV with HDMI to it with HDMI to HDMI cable as a dual monitor set up or just to use as my default screen when watching movies. When I plug in my Dell monitor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10 lcd hdmi monitor