Windows 10: No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot

Discus and support No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a problem with my GPU's VGA slot. Whenever the VGA cable is connected to the GPU's VGA slot in my computer, the computer boots on (fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by a5tech, Dec 17, 2019.

1. a5tech Win User

No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot

I have a problem with my GPU's VGA slot. Whenever the VGA cable is connected to the GPU's VGA slot in my computer, the computer boots on (fans spinning, LED lights, etc) but nothing is displayed on my monitor(no signal). However, when the VGA cable is connected to the motherboard VGA slot, everything is fine, the computer boots on and there is display on the screen. How can I fix this problem? I do not want to use my computer's integrated graphics.

a5tech, Dec 17, 2019

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Dec 17, 2019
  3. VGA Connection

I am trying to display my iPhone onto a LG TV that is connected to a PC using Windows 10. The phone is connected to the Apple lightening to VGA adapter cable and into the VGA cable that's plugged into the back of the computer. The connection will not display
    the iPhone, any suggestions?

Lauren Nielsen, Dec 17, 2019
  4. No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot

Vga monitor connected to my laptop via a hmdi port

Hello Andrew,

The VGA connector is a video connection for sending analog video signals to the monitor or TV. Unless you are planning to connect to a special monitor, such as a plasma or LCD TV that has a DVI connector, connect your Primary monitor using
    the VGA connector.

The HDMI connector is a digital connection type for transferring high-definition digital video signals AND audio signals. When used with a compatible monitor or television, HDMI has the capability of carrying true high-definition video and
    audio as well HDCP protected content. If your computer has HDMI audio, it should be set as the default audio device in Windows audio properties (available from Windows Control Panel). The monitor or TV with HDMI must have speakers to hear audio.

We suggest you try the steps below and check if this works.

• Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the screen. You can either mirror content of your computer or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Check the "External Inputs" of your monitor menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the laptop before turning on as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

Let us know with the outcome.

Haidae Tam, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot

1. No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot - Similar Threads - display monitor VGA

2. only analog connection VGA cable is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    only analog connection VGA cable is working: After update to 22H2 my display can only be detected through VGA cable, I was using display port before update. uninstalling latest windows update22H2 wont get it to work again DP.i have both cables connected now but only Analog driver can be installed, if i remove the VGA...
  3. only analog connection VGA cable is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only analog connection VGA cable is working: After update to 22H2 my display can only be detected through VGA cable, I was using display port before update. uninstalling latest windows update22H2 wont get it to work again DP.i have both cables connected now but only Analog driver can be installed, if i remove the VGA...
  4. only analog connection VGA cable is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA: I am using windows 10 on my Dell desktop Optiplex 7010. I connected a TV as a monitor with a display port to HDMI connection. It worked fine for a few months and then stopped. I changed cable and updated drivers but I couldn't get it to come on the tv screen. The message said...
  6. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA: I am using windows 10 on my Dell desktop Optiplex 7010. I connected a TV as a monitor with a display port to HDMI connection. It worked fine for a few months and then stopped. I changed cable and updated drivers but I couldn't get it to come on the tv screen. The message said...
  7. My screen goes black when i connect the VGA cable to the monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen goes black when i connect the VGA cable to the monitor: When i connect the VGA cable to the monitor, the screen shows the desktop for aprox 5 seconds, then the screen becomes black. This problem started about 20 minutes ago. Until then it worked very well. Initially, i thought the cable is the problem, but i don't know. I hope you...
  8. No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port: So, when plugging in the VGA cable into my video card's VGA port the monitor shows no display. It isn't an internal problem as the computer turns on and the keyboard and mouse light up after a couple of seconds which I can assume is that the computer is in the OS but does not...
  9. No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  10. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor is offf when conected to gpu

2. plug display cable into vga slot

3. why monitor light off when vga cable connected

4. intel q45 vga port doesnt work after windows 10 update