Windows 10: No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

Discus and support No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MjsIR, Mar 1, 2019.

1. MjsIR Win User

No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

Hi,

I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the dedicated Nvidia gpu. I've tried to change a few settings in the Nvidia control panel but still didn't manage to do anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

MJ

***Original title: Second Monitor Not Displaying Image***

:)

MjsIR, Mar 1, 2019

2. Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

I have two laptops, both of which have HDMI ports. Is there any software that will use the HDMI cable to make one of my laptops act as a secondary monitor? I don't want any software that requires a network connection because I'm going to be in college.

JohnTravolski, Mar 1, 2019
  3. windows10 is not restarting when lid is and hdmi external monitor

Hi Joseph,

Apologize for the difficulties that you have been put through regarding this issue. Do let us know few more details for better understanding:

What exactly happens when you try to display the picture on the secondary monitor?

Did you try connecting to a different monitor and check if the issue persists?

We suggest that you unplug the HDMI cable and connect it back to a different HDMI port on the secondary monitor in case if there's one extra and check.

Also check if there is any device conflict in the Device Manager when the Secondary Monitor is connected.

Get back to us with the requested details for further help.

Sharath Srinivasa, Mar 1, 2019
  4. 944382 Win User

Laptop display and monitor will not wake when HDMI cable plugged into laptop.

I have a laptop. Lenovo ideapad FLEX 4-1480 Signature Edition.

The laptop has a display, and the laptop is connected to a monitor via an HDMI cable.

Sleep mode is disabled.

Screen timeout is enabled.

I lock the computer. The laptop display and monitor both eventually deactivate.

I move the mouse and press keys to wake the monitor. Nothing happens on either the laptop display or the monitor.

If the HDMI cable is not plugged into the laptop, the laptop display will wake as intended. The problem happens only when the HDMI cable is plugged into the laptop.

I have to remove the HDMI cable from the laptop, wait a few seconds, reinsert it, then the laptop display and monitor will wake. Again, the laptop display will wake just fine when the HDMI cable is not plugged in.

944382, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable - Similar Threads - display secondary monitor

2. Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable: Hi,I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd1006np 2L1T6EA running on windows 11.I cannot connect my laptop to a second monitor through HDMI. I tested the cable and screen with another device and they are working. I thought it could be an issue with the physical port so I got...
  3. PC posts to monitor using a display port to hdmi cable, then forgets the monitor exists...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC posts to monitor using a display port to hdmi cable, then forgets the monitor exists...: I've had this issue for about 2 weeks at this point. I turn on my PC, it posts to the main display the one using the DP cable, then only shows image on the secondary monitor only uses HDMI. The DP cable seems to work just fine anywhere else, as evident by the fact it posts...
  4. PC posts to monitor using a display port to hdmi cable, then forgets the monitor exists...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC posts to monitor using a display port to hdmi cable, then forgets the monitor exists...: I've had this issue for about 2 weeks at this point. I turn on my PC, it posts to the main display the one using the DP cable, then only shows image on the secondary monitor only uses HDMI. The DP cable seems to work just fine anywhere else, as evident by the fact it posts...
  5. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  6. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  7. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

8. Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.: Hello, I'd like to ask a question about my monitor. So when I am using my PC, I keep my HDMI cable plugged in to the TV which is connected to the CPU. However, when I unplug the HDMI cable, my monitor does not display anything. A message appears saying, "The current input...
  9. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...
  10. Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE: I have two laptops, both of which have HDMI ports. Is there any software that will use the HDMI cable to make one of my laptops act as a secondary monitor? I don't want any software that requires a network connection because I'm going to be in college. 59100