No Display Options for 10041

Discus and support No Display Options for 10041 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have a locked display on my HP Elite 6930p. My resolution changed after updating , and now my icons and text are too wide. I went to change it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by waltersfield, Mar 19, 2015.

1. waltersfield Win User

I have a locked display on my HP Elite 6930p. My resolution changed after updating , and now my icons and text are too wide. I went to change it, but there are no resolution options. I'm stuck with bad resolution now.
    Should I roll back my display driver? Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

:)

waltersfield, Mar 19, 2015
  2. DeeKat Win User
    DeeKat, Mar 19, 2015
  3. mathiasdanielsen Win User
    Stuck on build 10041

So, A long time ago back on build 10041 I installed tech preview on my laptop. today I came back to this laptop haven't used it since

and I an unable to update from 10041 I am just getting a error(0x8024044a) when updating

mathiasdanielsen, Mar 19, 2015
  4. usasma Win User

I'd see if you can download an updated driver for the video card in the HP.
    Be careful as some OEM's use special drivers for video (so if you use the AMD/nVidia drivers you may have issues).
    Set restore points and backups and proceed with caution.

usasma, Mar 21, 2015
  5. waltersfield Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried that, but it won't accept the older driver. It reverts right back to the MS generic driver. I even went ahead and did a clean install with the ISO, with no change. Guess I'll just need to wait for the updated TP repair...

waltersfield, Mar 21, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    So Device Manager, Display Adapter shows the Microsoft Generic driver? If so, then you definitely need the latest Video driver for your laptop. What is the complete model number, you don't show it in System Specs.

Ztruker, Mar 21, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    My Desktop got updated from 9926 to 10041 and it changed my resolution to its maximum of 1920x1080 but because I have 4 computers on a KVM I keep the settings for all 4 at 1440x900, easier on my eyes. All I had to do was make the change. My original install was on a bare drive and am using only what Win10Pro TP installed, an ATI Radeon 2400 Pro.

Berton, Mar 21, 2015
  8. waltersfield Win User

Actually, the device manager shows the following:

[​IMG]

Everything worked great in 9926. Can't understand what this means. I'm not sure what you mean by complete model number. Where is that found? Even Speccy says it's an HP ELiteBook 6930p - thats all.

waltersfield, Mar 22, 2015
  9. usasma Win User
    usasma, Mar 23, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    How are you John, have not seen you since Lockergnome days.*Biggrin

11. usasma Win User
    Hi Gary! I'm doing well!
    I hope you're doing well also! Great to see you!

usasma, Mar 24, 2015
  12. waltersfield Win User
    Thank you for your reply:

I've collected the data and attached the zip file here.

AUDRASHP-Tue_03_24_2015_180717_18.zip

waltersfield, Mar 24, 2015
  13. usasma Win User

Unfortunately, the zip archive is empty. Please try again.
    If it still doesn't work, then try these things (instructions were written for Win8 and may need a bit of modifying to work in Win10):

usasma, Mar 24, 2015
  14. waltersfield Win User
    I'm not sure what happened, but this one seems to be okay:AUDRASHP-Wed_03_25_2015__60221_22.zip

waltersfield, Mar 24, 2015
  15. usasma Win User
    You have the latest BIOS for your system (F20), unfortunately it dates from 2011 - so you may not be compatible with later OS's

You're having problems with these devices in Device Manager:
    The first device is most likely your Ricoh Card Reader, while the second is your Intel chipset drivers. The last is the HP Bluetooth module

Try to obtain the latest drivers from the HP website for these devices. If they don't fix the problems, then look at the Ricoh and Intel websites for updated drivers. As for the HP Bluetooth, you'll have to figure out who actually manufacturered the device and check their website for more updated drivers (the drivers still load at boot, then Windows disables them later on if the device is disabled - so the drivers must be updated before disabling the device).

From what I've seen, the 3 major factors here are the BIOS, the Ricoh Card Reader, and the Intel Chipset
    Other than that, I would expect that fully updated Ricoh card reader drivers and Intel chipset drivers would be help to resolve the resource contention. Unfortunately, if these devices are too old and you can't locate driver's that are compatible (or if the BIOS is the primary culprit here) - you may not be able to fix this.

usasma, Mar 24, 2015
Thema:

No Display Options for 10041 - Similar Threads - Display Options 10041

1. Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?: I usually logon to my email account using my Outlook.com and is there a way to reset the Display options under the Mail settings? In the Outlook email client, this can be done by selecting Reset View. But I cannot find it in the actual Outlook.com web version. 106110
  2. What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option: I found this "surround" configuration screen in the Nvidia control panel. So I switched it on. So whazzup with that. I went from having the desktop spread across two screens ... ... to having the desktop spread across two screens. Am I missing something? 86431
  3. TV connected to PC will only display 1920x1080. No overscan options.

in Windows 10 Support
    TV connected to PC will only display 1920x1080. No overscan options.: That model seems to be rather old ~12 years, and a native resolution of 1440 x 900. Limited input modes. Must be scaled to fit. Seems to do a 1080i or p input which would be scaled down and a few lower resolution inputs which would be scaled up. In conjunction with the...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Does Not Give Option For 1920x1080 Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Does Not Give Option For 1920x1080 Display: hey, i there's no option for 1920x1080 resolution when i go to display settings. i have an acer monitor connected with a vga cable, when i run dxdiag it only displays my graphics card as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. i tried uninstalling the drivers from device manager and...
  5. Display Option Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Option Disappeared: I have an MSI GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card. I have 1 output HMDI to my TV, and 1 Display Port to my monitor. For no obvious reason, I can no longer choose the HDMI as an output in windows. Under Display Settings, it won't recognize the HDMI display. It indicate I have...
  6. My advanced display options are missing after last update.

in Windows 10 Support
    My advanced display options are missing after last update.: Let me start off by saying I am visually impaired. I used to be able to go into settings, display & find an advance option for font size. There were several drop downs such as Title, Menu, Tool bar, etc., that I could choose the size of the font. I used an 18 or 20 pt. font....
  7. Add Allow display required policy to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Allow display required policy to Power Options in Windows: Thanks a lot! I so love all these Power Config "hacks". Highly appreciated. Keep them coming! *Smile 108188
No Display Options for 10041 solved

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver for device PCI\\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30DB103C&REV_14\\4&CB0C23F&0&4AF0 hp elitebook 6930p