Windows 10: No display output or keyboard input on booting startup win10?

Discus and support No display output or keyboard input on booting startup win10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Problem: I've had a working desktop PC with windows 10 for 1-2 years. I bought and plugged in an external 4TB seagate harddrive and was copying over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JacobBos, Jan 20, 2020.

1. JacobBos Win User

No display output or keyboard input on booting startup win10?

Problem:

I've had a working desktop PC with windows 10 for 1-2 years. I bought and plugged in an external 4TB seagate harddrive and was copying over files when the task froze. I ended the "Windows Explorer" task to stop the process after waiting 5 minutes, which made my screen go black. I restarted the PC and what would happen is an infinite loop of powering on, then the fans/pc would appear to boot up, then 5 seconds into it the pc would turn off. After following suggustions to check hardware by unplugging and plugging back in the RAM stick, the infinite rebooting problem stopped, but the black screen stayed, and the status led's on my keyboard also don't turn on. I cannot click caps lock on and off for example. My mouse powers on though, there is no cursor. I've unplugged the external drive usb input, wifi dongle usb input, and only have the keyboard, mouse, hdmi, speakers, and power cord plugged in when trying to continually reboot the system.

Unsuccessful Repair Attempts

1. Rebooting only to find no display signal blank screen and no keyboard status lights.

2. Rebooting three times into safe mode. Nothing changes.

3. Taking RAM sticks out, plugging them back in. Fixed infinite rebooting loop, but still blank screen.

4. Taking graphics card out, plugging back in. Nothing changes. I have other ports, x3 DP, x1 HDMI, and x1 DVI-D, but I have no DP cables or DVI-D

5. Changing to another working graphics card using HDMI. Nothing changes.

6. Booting system off after I let it sit on for 30 seconds, then unplugging power cord, let it sit for 30 seconds, plug power cord back in, then booting up again. When I do this vs not unplugging the power cord an interesting thing is different. If I don't do the unplug power cord step there is nothing special besides the desktop just waits forever in this blank screen mode while staying on. If I do the unplug power cord step what happens is the 5sec booting process occurs only to then turn off unexpectedly, then boot up again on its own, only to sit indefinitely on in this blank screen mode. Doing this over and over 10 times,

Suggestions? Thoughts?

I think it has something to do with the solid state drive where I have windows OS on. When I plugged in this external drive to copy over files, and I interrupted that process by ending the windows explorer task, I think windows explorer cannot start again upon reboot and this situation occurs. The ultimate easy fix to this might be to load a new win10 from USB and wipe the SSD, even though I much would like to keep the data on the SSD. I hope the designers of win10 have features that can be shared here to account for this bizzare situation, but if not I think this would be the recommended solution. Thank you win10 tech's for any support you might give!

:)

JacobBos, Jan 20, 2020

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 20, 2020
  3. SRony Win User
    Keyboard input for booting.

Hi,

My windows 10 does start to boot without a keyboard input(any key will do) from ps2 keyboard.

My external keyboard works in BIOS and in login screen, but not as "keyboard input" for normal startup.

Im in a fix now since the ps2 keyboard started to fail sometimes. What options should i change so that pc boots without any ps2 input?

Thank you!

SRony, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. No display output or keyboard input on booting startup win10? - Similar Threads - display output keyboard

2. No output on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No output on startup: Hi,I've noticed some strange behavior with my Windows 10 PC. On startup, the monitor will turn on and show a black screen. It doesn't say there is no input, in fact, the HDMI source connected to the PC is the only one labeled as active. I also have a startup sound that...
  3. Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output: Hi, I've been interested in adding Korean as a language to my computer, but realize that after installing it, and begin to type with Korean selected, it uses the Korean keyboard layout instead of the Qwerty layout. I see no options for this in the settings, nor does Google...
  4. No input or output device.

No input or output device.: My laptop had this weird update, and after the update my laptop crashed a few times. Then after that when I finally logged on, my laptop had no input or output devices. And what I mean is, there is no default sound system where, just as the laptop, it can produce sounds. My...
  5. input and output

input and output: Im on a laptop and it doesnt recognise the microphone array, the headphones, the headphones microphone and the speakers of the laptop. so basically there is no input and no output. i searched on google how to make it work but none of the ways i found worked. it happened after...
  6. Audio Input And Output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Input And Output: Is there any way I can sent an audio device's output as an input. As in playing audio and it going through a mic/input. submitted by /u/Shreksc00ch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kijzcr/audio_input_and_output/
  7. Change Mic input to speaker output on win10 home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change Mic input to speaker output on win10 home: Hi there, ive been trying to change my mic input to my sound output for days now because i seemed to have ruined my input port on my HP Pavillion g6 therefor, am unable to get any sound through my speakers that plug into it. is there a way to use the other port as an output...
  8. Sound input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound input and output: I was wondering, how do I make it so that the input and output of sound, basically the microphone and earphone, are in the same place, as I don't have headphones but still want to use my microphone on the earphones...
  9. keyboard input /output malfunction

in Cortana
    keyboard input /output malfunction: Hi, I have issues with my keyboard input an output and after trouble shooting, it brought this notice "Text Services Framework is not running "and as a result I can't use keyboard in vendor apps(cortana,search windows, Films&Tv,Photos,Window Settings etc). Looking forward to...
  10. Fast-startup and keyboard boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast-startup and keyboard boot: Normally I would use the sleep button or a shortcut(shutdown -s -t) to turn the desktop off. Lately though ive been using the Start button and shutting down and i've noticed that all it takes for me to turn on the computer is to hit any key. Now I know that Windows 10 uses...