Windows 10: No display signal in Windows at 144hz

Discus and support No display signal in Windows at 144hz in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've recently installed a new Sapphire RX 570 and was using a different Asus RX 570 before that (which broke, unrelated); please note that I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ryadasu99, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Ryadasu99 Win User

No display signal in Windows at 144hz

So I've recently installed a new Sapphire RX 570 and was using a different Asus RX 570 before that (which broke, unrelated); please note that I did not have this issue with the Asus model nor with my old Nvidia graphics card I was using just a week ago so I have ruled out a bad cable or the monitor

When I switch my monitor (in the monitor's hardware settings via physical buttons mounted on it) from 60hz to 144hz, I do not get a display signal in Windows

I can see the BIOS menu and pre-boot information, but as soon as I get to the Windows login screen the display drops out and all I see is black.

When I switch my monitor back to 60hz I can once again see Windows... but I would really like to use my monitor at 144hz as that is why I bought it

Affected monitor is a Samsung C24FG73 connected via Display Port, with two additional monitors connected with HDMI and DVI (other monitors still have signal when the C24 drops out)

Hardware:

i5-4690k, Sapphire RX570 Pulse 4GB, AsRock Z97 Extreme 4, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO (boot drive), 1TB Samsung F3 (storage), Corsair HX850

Software:

Windows 10 Pro x64 1803, AMD Radeon 18.12.

:)

Ryadasu99, Dec 31, 2018

2. 144hz monitor

Hi Anoosh,

Note: Depending on graphics card, these instructions may vary.

Please go to Display Settings and try the following:

- Select the monitor from the list of displays

- Scroll down and select 'Advanced display settings'

- Select 'Display adapter proprties for Display #'

- Select 'List All Modes'

- Select desired resolution and refresh rate (1920 x 1080 @ 144hz)

If these options are not there, you may need to change them from your graphics card software (i.e NVIDIA Geforce Experience, or AMD Catalyst Control Center).

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Dec 31, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    My newly bought 144hz monitor can only display 120hz at max?

Can your graphics card produce a 144Hz signal?

BulldogXX, Dec 31, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. No display signal in Windows at 144hz - Similar Threads - display signal 144hz

2. No signal display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal display: My pc starts booting then after that, it displays no signal. It must show the welcome admin but it always went to no signal after booting. Take note the bios loading is on screen and after that it displays no signal. What to do? Thanks...
  3. No signal display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal display: My pc starts booting then after that, it displays no signal. It must show the welcome admin but it always went to no signal after booting. Take note the bios loading is on screen and after that it displays no signal. What to do? Thanks...
  4. No signal display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No Signal on the extended display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Signal on the extended display: Need your help, google didn't help.Short description:No signal on the extended displayLaptop: Dell xps15 9570OS: Windows 10Display: Philips 245EDetails:connection - HDMIit was working before, but nothing has changed, after a few days of being turned off just stopped...
  6. No Signal on the extended display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Signal on the extended display: Need your help, google didn't help.Short description:No signal on the extended displayLaptop: Dell xps15 9570OS: Windows 10Display: Philips 245EDetails:connection - HDMIit was working before, but nothing has changed, after a few days of being turned off just stopped...
  7. 144Hz is not displayed MSI Optix241Cp?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    144Hz is not displayed MSI Optix241Cp?: Hey, I bought a new monitor today, and it's not the same one: MSI Optix Mag241Cp which is supposed to be a 144hz monitor. On the bar of the monitor is also 144hz, but when I call up the msi settings there is 60hz up there and in the Nvidia settings I can only select 60hz. I...
  8. Displaying 144hz on monitor from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displaying 144hz on monitor from laptop: I have a gaming laptop and I have it hooked up to a monitor that can display up to 144hz. I have the laptop and the monitor connected through a HDMI cable. It seems I get 60hz instead of 144hz as the monitor advertised. Do you know how I can fix this problem? Please let me...
  9. No Signal at Display Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Signal at Display Port: I just purchased and set up Dell U2719D dual monitors. The connection is a display port to display port to dual NVIDEA K620 video cards in a Dell Precision Tower 3620. OS is Windows 10, 64 bit with latest updates (Version 1803). All video drivers have latest updates. Computer...
  10. Second display no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second display no signal: Since the 1703 update, when windows 10 boot to login in screen, the two displays will go into 'power saving' status. Then windows 10 only give signature to main display. Second one no signature unless I do win+p key and select another display mode, then back to 'extend'. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. u2719d pcpartpicker