Windows 10: No downloading and installing the updates during its installation

Discus and support No downloading and installing the updates during its installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi How do I prevent Windows 10 automatically download and install the updates during its installation? Thanks Bye 21290 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by balubeto, Sep 4, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

No downloading and installing the updates during its installation

Hi

How do I prevent Windows 10 automatically download and install the updates during its installation?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Sep 4, 2015

2. Installation update error

After downloading update windows defender is showing an error 0x8050800c during its installation process

can anybody help me to solve this issue

pavankalyannv, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Windows mobile update error 8007000d

I am having a Micromax windows 8.1 phone and when I check for updates its says update is available and downloads it. During installation, mid way it stops installing and shows the error 8007000d. When I try again, it again starts downloading and stops while
    installing.

OS version- 8.10.12393.890

Model: Micromax W121

SHAIJU1907, Sep 4, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Disconnect your router so that you do not have an internet connection!!

WhyMe, Sep 4, 2015
  5. balubeto Win User
    Is there some other less drastic solution?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    Disable the WLAN device inside your PC? That can be done in the Device Manager. If it is disabled, Windows won't be able to use it.

I do not know why you do not want to get the latest updates, but actually getting them is recommended. They will contain bugfixes and I don't know what, which you want to get. Also does the installer use your internet connection to get the newest versios of the drivers for your hardware so if you deactivate the internet connection you might unnecessarily run into hardware issues.

If you ask me, you should leave the internet connection enabled.

Joergi, Sep 5, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
    I doubt you'll find anything less drastic than pulling a cable or pushing a power button. It is about as quick and easy as you could get.

WhyMe, Sep 5, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

You can disable the WLAN device inside your PC.

However, I would not recommend doing so - see my above post!

Joergi, Sep 5, 2015
  9. the initial release of the windows build 10240 to the public is problematic hense the updates it downloads while it installs..... but as with any piece of software install at your own risk... have backups of previous operating system.... and backups of personal files

icpwolverine, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No downloading and installing the updates during its installation - Similar Threads - downloading installing updates

2. ARK IT SAYS ITS DOWNLOADED BUT THERE IS NO INSTALL FILE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARK IT SAYS ITS DOWNLOADED BUT THERE IS NO INSTALL FILE: i dont know what to do i ran a repair and reset on ark uninstalled and reinstalled and none of it worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ark-it-says-its-downloaded-but-there-is-no-install/0aaa591c-c374-455a-810e-75dba952758a
  3. ARK IT SAYS ITS DOWNLOADED BUT THERE IS NO INSTALL FILE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ARK IT SAYS ITS DOWNLOADED BUT THERE IS NO INSTALL FILE: i dont know what to do i ran a repair and reset on ark uninstalled and reinstalled and none of it worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ark-it-says-its-downloaded-but-there-is-no-install/0aaa591c-c374-455a-810e-75dba952758a
  4. Windows 10 downloaded and installed all updates except KB5017308 its stuck at 21% installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 downloaded and installed all updates except KB5017308 its stuck at 21% installing: Hello all I checked for the monthly updates on windows 10 and 1 KB is stuck for hours at 21% installing. all the other updates are already inside view update history. I have learned my lesson some time ago when another update got stuck i turned laptop off and back on then it...
  5. Windows 10 downloaded and installed all updates except KB5017308 its stuck at 21% installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 downloaded and installed all updates except KB5017308 its stuck at 21% installing: Hello all I checked for the monthly updates on windows 10 and 1 KB is stuck for hours at 21% installing. all the other updates are already inside view update history. I have learned my lesson some time ago when another update got stuck i turned laptop off and back on then it...
  6. Windows 10 downloaded and installed all updates except KB5017308 its stuck at 21% installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. UPDATES NOT DOWNLOADING/INSTALLING

UPDATES NOT DOWNLOADING/INSTALLING: My relatively new laptop is not downloading and/or installing any updates, regardless of whether these updates are issued by Microsoft or another company.I researched this on the Internet various sites and tried the suggested fixes, but nothing has worked. This is what my...
  8. install downloaded updates

install downloaded updates: I have windows 10 1903. I am try to install the updates. It says pending installation and one is still downloading at 3% for a long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-downloaded-updates/c2bf1bf1-4b50-40bd-b322-1b8b1d8c2eb7
  9. Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours

Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours: Hi Windows 10 updated always downloads and installs updates during my active hours which slows the computer to a crawl. I have checked and double checked the active hours settings and it still downloads and installs the update (luckily it doesn't auto restart). Why is...
  10. Stuck during installation of Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck during installation of Creators Update: My computer wanted to install the Creators Update so I started the process. It started updating but the computer got stuck. The screen is now mainly black with one stationary white dot at the bottom. I think it's one of the spinning dots but the computer got stuck before the...