Windows 10: No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Discus and support No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ten64BitUser, May 4, 2021.

1. No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at this screen: Also, inside the BIOS, no UEFI bootable hard disk drive is being listed. The UEFI flash disk option shown above is that of my bootable pen drive with Windows 10 installation copy.I googled this issue a bit and the results were as follows: one thread suggested that I should run Dell's internal diagnostics to see if there anything wrong with hard disk. I did that but every component, including the hard disk one, passed these internal test. a second thread suggested that I should try to remove and reseat the hard disk. I did that following Dell's user manual.another thread suggested that I should reinstall my windows 10 afresh. But when I try to do so, the windows installation wizard doesn't list any drive in the hard disk. It's as if it doesn't detect hard disk at all. In a nutshell, while the hard disk is being detected, but none of its drives is. However, the hard disk consisted of 3 drives: C: with the windows' and applications' installations,D: with all of my data,E: which was recovery drive. Any troubleshooting suggestions?I'm sorry I am not able to help you guys with any logs and stuff because I don't know how to get them when I can't get my Windows to boot. I'm not even sure if this is the correct section where I should be posting this thread.. I'm just so confused right now. A few weeks ago, I had upgraded (not fresh installation) from windows 10 version 1607 to 20H2. The version 1607 installation was a clean one (from scratch, after formatting the hard disk and creating new partitions).

:)

Ten64BitUser, May 4, 2021

2. No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at this screen:

No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430. [​IMG]

Also, inside the BIOS, no UEFI bootable hard disk drive is being listed.

The UEFI flash disk option shown above is that of my bootable pen drive with Windows 10 installation copy.I googled this issue a bit and the results were as follows:
    1. one thread suggested that I should run Dell's internal diagnostics to see if there anything wrong with hard disk. I did that but every component, including the hard disk one, passed these internal test.
    2. a second thread suggested that I should try to remove and reseat the hard disk. I did that following Dell's user manual.
    3. another thread suggested that I should reinstall my windows 10 afresh. But when I try to do so, the windows installation wizard doesn't list any drive in the hard disk. It's as if it doesn't detect hard disk at all.
    In a nutshell, while the hard disk is being detected, but none of its drives is. However, the hard disk consisted of 3 drives:
    1. C: with the windows' and applications' installations,
    2. D: with all of my data,
    3. E: which was recovery drive.
    Any troubleshooting suggestions?I'm sorry I am not able to help you guys with any logs and stuff because I don't know how to get them when I can't get my Windows to boot. I'm not even sure if this is the correct section where I should be posting this thread.. I'm just so confused right now. *cry

A few weeks ago, I had upgraded (not fresh installation) from windows 10 version 1607 to 20H2. The version 1607 installation was a clean one (from scratch, after formatting the hard disk and creating new partitions).

Ten64BitUser, May 5, 2021
  3. No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hi zbook,

All the important files are backed up either on my other laptop, or on the cloud. So no worries in that department. Although, this wasn't a conscious effort...just something I happened to have done whilst I started using my other other laptop more a few days back.

Regarding the bootable flash drives, I have a bootable windows 10 installation pen drive which I'm using as part of this troubleshooting.

I have another pen drive with me which I could use for Ubuntu or Seagate tools as need be.

And that Dell video that you posted,
    1. I did reset my BIOS by clicking the Load Defaults button. But no luck with that.

2. The system information is as follows. It does detect the Toshiba SSHD..

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the results for the 6th option on the Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 page, the system isn't entering the Windows' Advanced Startup Options despite repeated turning off and turning on of the laptop.
    1. When I boot using the UEFI Boot List option, the BIOS is as follows:

and the laptop gets stuck at this screen:

2. When I boot using the Legacy Boot List Option, the BIOS is as follows:

and the result is as follows:

And I don't get to press and hold the power button in either case. The laptop turns off as soon as I press the power button in either case.

- - - Updated - - -

dalchina,

Regarding the possibility of having lost the partition table, I have to show you this:

This is shown when I click Add Boot Option in the UEFI mode.
    Earlier, when the Toshiba SSHD was working fine, in the Boot Sequence, the Hard Disk option used to be shown, instead of the blank space being shown now.

Also, when I updated my windows to 20H2, I got "Invalid Partition Table!" error once. I resolved it by restoring the BIOS to defaults and then changing the Boot Sequence from Legacy to UEFI mode.

4. No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

dalchina,

Yes. I'm certain it was a UEFI installation.

- - - Updated - - -

zbook,

The disk passed the SMART test, but failed the Long Generic Test. *Sad

Thema:

No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

1. No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430. - Similar Threads - drive found internal

2. Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone: I have a Dell Latitude 3410 that uses a Win 10 OS, that can not detect an internal microphone. I have performed the following troubleshooting steps.1.Ensured that the microphone settings were turned to on, as well as allowed/allowing programs to use the microphone2.Performed...
  3. Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone: I have a Dell Latitude 3410 that uses a Win 10 OS, that can not detect an internal microphone. I have performed the following troubleshooting steps.1.Ensured that the microphone settings were turned to on, as well as allowed/allowing programs to use the microphone2.Performed...
  4. Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. 8TB internal hard drive not found on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    8TB internal hard drive not found on my computer.: I recently purchased and installed an 8TB internal hard drive. I looked up if I needed to activate the hard drive, then when I went to Disk Management, it doesn't look like it found the hard drive. I've connected the cable needed, but nothing. Did I do something wrong? Or is...
  6. Internal Hard Drive

Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  7. My internal Hard Disk is unallocated

My internal Hard Disk is unallocated: Hi , I just added a new (with data ) 1TB Hard Disk to my computer with Windows 10 pro, but the computer make that SATA DISK1 with D: and F: was now Unallocated . C: is SSD windows and E: CD DVBD ROM. New hdd SATA is DISK2 with I: and J: partition working correctly....
  8. FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430: Good day, When I set up my fingerprint in my windows hello it always says that "that fingerprint has already been set up on another account. Try a different finger." In the past, I was able to set it up without problems. However, when I performed a clean install of Windows...
  9. Internal hard disk drive not found

Internal hard disk drive not found: Hey all I have an Alienware X51 R3 and I was messing with my command prompt and accidentally changed what I believe is the path too boot my hard drive... In the command prompt I said  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ I then reset my computer and now I get a "Internal...
  10. Is my internal hard drive damaged?

Is my internal hard drive damaged?: I have a 1tb internal hard drive from an old laptop that i have not used. But might have stored very little if any. I put it in an enclosure and connected it via usb to my chromebook. When i did this, i noticed it showed the files etc. But because im not that familiar with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell latitude E5430 not showin hard drive when installing windows