Windows 10: No DVD Drive in Explorer.

Discus and support No DVD Drive in Explorer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is no 'D:' drive in the explorer tree. But if I click on 'This PC' it will be listed in the 'devices' pane that pops up as 'drive D.' If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abrogard, Sep 6, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

No DVD Drive in Explorer.

There is no 'D:' drive in the explorer tree.

But if I click on 'This PC' it will be listed in the 'devices' pane that pops up as 'drive D.'

If I click on it in devices there it asks me to insert a disk. Whether or not there is a disk in there. It doesn't seem to realise there is one there.

It was working fine last time I used it - couple of months ago I think.

Anything I can do?

:)

abrogard, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Bree, Sep 6, 2019
  3. DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 6, 2019
  4. C_C
    c_C Win User

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

Thema:

1. No DVD Drive in Explorer. - Similar Threads - DVD Drive Explorer

2. DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer: Whenever I try to put any disk inside drive it causes whole computer explorer.exe most notably to stop responding and forces me to restart using power button. Drive shouldn't be defective as this problem only occurs when using Windows 10 and doesn't have any problems...
  3. DVD drive missing in Explorer visible in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive missing in Explorer visible in Device Manager: I have a Dell Optiplex 7020 that I just recently purchased. The system is set up for EUFI as boot. I had contacted the seller because in a normal boot sequence, an option to boot from CD or USB did not appear. I had been using the optical drive to install programs that I had...
  4. DVD drive missing from File Explorer

DVD drive missing from File Explorer: After downloading an App, my D: DVD drive showed the app in the drive when I keyed on it. There was NO media in the drive. I pressed the eject button and the drive D: disappeared from the drive list. Device Manager shows the drive present and operating correctly with no error...
  5. DVD drive

DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  6. DVD RW Drive Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD RW Drive Icon in File Explorer: Is there a settings option to have the DVD RW Drive letter appear in File Explorer when there is no DVD in the tray? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-icon-in-file-explorer/06448bf3-7f71-489b-9bee-c11ab85d0c99
  7. No DVD Drive in Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    No DVD Drive in Explorer.: There is no 'D:' drive in the explorer tree. But if I click on 'This PC' it will be listed in the 'devices' pane that pops up as 'drive D.' If I click on it in devices there it asks me to insert a disk. Whether or not there is a disk in there. It doesn't seem to realise...
  8. File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive: I just purchased a HP290-p0043w. Everything seems to be working fine except for an annoyance with Windows File Explorer. If I put a DVD into the DVD Writer, I hear sounds like the PC is reading the DVD. However, in the File Explorer window, the Navigation Pane does not...
  9. CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer: Earlier today, my cd/dvd drive disappeared from File Explorer. I insert a dvd and it spins, but nothing happens after that. I walked through some CMD prompts with support tech to no avail. I have uninstalled in Device Manager and rebooted - nada. I can see the drive in...
  10. DVD drive

DVD drive: Sometimes when I insert something in my USB port(slot) my DVD drive will disappear and I have to reboot the computer to get it back. Anybody got any ideas of what's going on, so weird. 90142