Windows 10: No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook

Discus and support No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For some reason when the Earthlink account was added to Outlook (Win10/Office 2019), it did not generate a separate address book called Earthlink. I do... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by RPitts, Dec 2, 2019.

1. RPitts Win User

No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook

For some reason when the Earthlink account was added to Outlook (Win10/Office 2019), it did not generate a separate address book called Earthlink. I do not see a way to add this feature. I use both Outlook and Earthlink email accounts for separate functions and want to eliminate the confusion of emails sent to Earthlink clients having an Outlook label. It appears that Earthlink emails are pulling address from the Outlook address book because there is not an independent address book for Earthlink. Any incite would be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

RPitts, Dec 2, 2019

2. Earthlink troubles with Microsoft 10/Outlook

Greetings,

I have an earthlink webmail account that I have used for over 20 years for my email, even though I no longer use earthlink as an internet service provider. I have always been able to sign onto earthlink webmail on any computer or my phone. In the last week,
    I have not been able to access webmail on my new computer, which has Windows 10. I can still get a truncated version of earthlink webmail on my phone, but when I try to access the full version on my phone or on my desktop, I get a "this webpage cannot be reached"
    message. I tried tying the account in on Outlook and on my gmail account but in both cases the incoming mail does not appear and the outgoing mail only sometimes goes through. I need to at least get to my earthlink account so that I can save my contacts list
    and perhaps forward the mail to gmail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Victoria

VictoriaKuhl, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Earthlink email with Exchange

bfunke, thanks for your reply. That won't address calendar and address book syncing across all devices.

robdam1001, Dec 2, 2019
  4. No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook

Earthlink address (Mindspring.com)on HTC Touch will not send mail

I have several mindspring email addresses that I've set up on my windows phones. The outgoing smtp is smtpauth.earthlink.net and Earthlink uses the default port number so Port 587 does not apply to earthlink email accounts. You also don't need to set up
    any kind of SSL options since Earthlink does not use SSL. Make sure you've placed a checkmark in the box next to "Outgoing server requires authentication."

I've posted a screenshot of the Outgoing SMTP mail server settings screen that was taken from my HTC Touch Diamond2 for one of the Mindspring accounts I've set up on the Diamond.

No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook [​IMG]

Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices |
    http://pocketprimer.com

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook

1. No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook - Similar Threads - Earthlink Address Book

2. Microsoft Account Address Book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Address Book: Trying to purchase the Xbox Game Pass on the Windows Xbox app, when ever I try to make a purchase it defaults to an American address, I do not live in America I live in South Africa but added this address because thats what the store was asking for and wouldn't allow me to...
  3. Microsoft Office Outlook Address Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office Outlook Address Book: Since the latest Windows Update two days ago, all of the contacts in my Office Outlook Address Book have disappeared. It says that "The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened and it may have been moved or deleted." Help! That represents years...
  4. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Browsers and Email
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  5. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Windows 10 Support
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  6. Two email addresses under outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two email addresses under outlook: Hi I have two email addresses under MY NAME (I am the administrator) and I cannot seem to get rid of the second one. They are both of the same name; ie. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and the second one is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** How should...
  7. Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book: I'm running Outlook 2016 (v 1804, 64-bit). I have my default email address as Outlook.com. I sync my iCloud contacts to Outlook occasionally by just copying them over in my macOS address book. They show up fine in Outlook. However, if I search by last name, the contact...
  8. Earthlink email with Exchange

in Browsers and Email
    Earthlink email with Exchange: I have a client who insists on using his earthlink.net POP email address. He wants to have the ability to have his email, calendar and contacts sync across multiple computers and mobile devices. Obviously, I'm thinking an Exchange account. EarthLink doesn't offer Hosted...
  9. Address Book - Outlook - missing

in Browsers and Email
    Address Book - Outlook - missing: my computer was updated early hours this morning, 13 December, but i notice now that my address book in my email Outlook is missing. how do I get it back? .... I presume it must still be there, somewhere!! 33653
  10. Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change

in Browsers and Email
    Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change: Hello All, I have a little mystery that I would like to solve. My sister-in-law has an Earthlink email account and when she sends someone an email they sometimes see a very odd sender's name. Her name is "Debbie Smith" and when she sends out an email, half the time the...