Windows 10: No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook

Discus and support No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For some reason when the Earthlink account was added to Outlook (Win10/Office 2019), it did not generate a separate address book called Earthlink. I do... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by RPitts, Dec 2, 2019.

1. RPitts Win User

No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook

For some reason when the Earthlink account was added to Outlook (Win10/Office 2019), it did not generate a separate address book called Earthlink. I do not see a way to add this feature. I use both Outlook and Earthlink email accounts for separate functions and want to eliminate the confusion of emails sent to Earthlink clients having an Outlook label. It appears that Earthlink emails are pulling address from the Outlook address book because there is not an independent address book for Earthlink. Any incite would be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

RPitts, Dec 2, 2019

2. Earthlink troubles with Microsoft 10/Outlook

Greetings,

I have an earthlink webmail account that I have used for over 20 years for my email, even though I no longer use earthlink as an internet service provider. I have always been able to sign onto earthlink webmail on any computer or my phone. In the last week,
    I have not been able to access webmail on my new computer, which has Windows 10. I can still get a truncated version of earthlink webmail on my phone, but when I try to access the full version on my phone or on my desktop, I get a "this webpage cannot be reached"
    message. I tried tying the account in on Outlook and on my gmail account but in both cases the incoming mail does not appear and the outgoing mail only sometimes goes through. I need to at least get to my earthlink account so that I can save my contacts list
    and perhaps forward the mail to gmail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Victoria

VictoriaKuhl, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Earthlink email with Exchange

bfunke, thanks for your reply. That won't address calendar and address book syncing across all devices.

robdam1001, Dec 2, 2019
  4. No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook

Earthlink address (Mindspring.com)on HTC Touch will not send mail

I have several mindspring email addresses that I've set up on my windows phones. The outgoing smtp is smtpauth.earthlink.net and Earthlink uses the default port number so Port 587 does not apply to earthlink email accounts. You also don't need to set up
    any kind of SSL options since Earthlink does not use SSL. Make sure you've placed a checkmark in the box next to "Outgoing server requires authentication."

I've posted a screenshot of the Outgoing SMTP mail server settings screen that was taken from my HTC Touch Diamond2 for one of the Mindspring accounts I've set up on the Diamond.

No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook [​IMG]

Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices |
    http://pocketprimer.com

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook

1. No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook - Similar Threads - Earthlink Address Book

2. why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?: Was sending clients emails to their earthlink accounts with no problems for over a month- as of last night they are no longer receiving them and I get no error message. Restarted my computer- nothing. Even if I reply to their earthlink email they don't get it, what do I do?...
  3. why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?: Was sending clients emails to their earthlink accounts with no problems for over a month- as of last night they are no longer receiving them and I get no error message. Restarted my computer- nothing. Even if I reply to their earthlink email they don't get it, what do I do?...
  4. 365 Outlook address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    365 Outlook address book: I have two friends with the same email address, whenever I try to email one of them, the other friend's name always appears in the To field. How can I get separate names?...
  5. acknowledge Earthlink

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    acknowledge Earthlink: Morning!! the update done on Sunday regarding Microsoft Edge does not acknowledge Earthlink. My start up page is showing Earthlink not secure. I have tried to reset the settings and delete my browser cache and cookies. Nothing seems to be working, yet my Webmail says...
  6. Outlook 2013 Address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2013 Address book: I bought a new PC and lost my Outlook 2013 address book in the transfer. I downloaded iphone contacts via a vcard into my contacts. However, when I type a name into the To: box for a new message, Outlook is looking for email addresses, not my contact's name. How do I get it...
  7. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Browsers and Email
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  8. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Windows 10 Support
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  9. Earthlink email with Exchange

in Browsers and Email
    Earthlink email with Exchange: I have a client who insists on using his earthlink.net POP email address. He wants to have the ability to have his email, calendar and contacts sync across multiple computers and mobile devices. Obviously, I'm thinking an Exchange account. EarthLink doesn't offer Hosted...
  10. Address Book - Outlook - missing

in Browsers and Email
    Address Book - Outlook - missing: my computer was updated early hours this morning, 13 December, but i notice now that my address book in my email Outlook is missing. how do I get it back? .... I presume it must still be there, somewhere!! 33653