Windows 10: No email app associated popup on boot and then happens again randomly

Discus and support No email app associated popup on boot and then happens again randomly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Whenever I restart my computer or when it boots up, I get the popup "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by osly, Jan 22, 2019.

1. osly Win User

No email app associated popup on boot and then happens again randomly

Whenever I restart my computer or when it boots up, I get the popup "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." I don't understand why this happens. I've set the default mail app to Mail, then set it to Thunderbird because some others said it fixed their problem. I've looked in the Registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\ and have been told to delete the "Outlook" registry, but for me, there's nothing there. Another supposed solution was to install Office, and even after I've done it and repaired, locally and online, nothing is fixed. This happens on my windows 10 laptop and also on my windows 8.1 laptop. Any help is appreciated, many thanks in advance!

:)

2. davidhk Win User

No email associates ?

eml :

No email app associated popup on boot and then happens again randomly [​IMG]

There is no MailTo protocol listed

No email app associated popup on boot and then happens again randomly [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Get rid of startup popup message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action."

How does one get rid of this pop up message?

After reading all the many "There is no email..." posts and much time spent wasted trying non-useful things like associating windows mail as the default email and as the email client for .eml, I have come to realise the primary problem: apparently the windows
    mail client cannot be used to send a doc using 'send to email recipient' (mindblowing) AND probably at some time I right clicked and tried to 'send to email recipient' and maybe windows is still trying to do that. See als this dead horse post: Error - there is no email program associated

I can live without 'send to email recipient', perfectly capable of attaching a doc in mail or gmail. mI just want to get rid of the popup after startup.

• I don't want to install any other program - happy with gmail and windows mail as local store of mail & don't need the right click 'send to email recipient' to work. Mailto links in browsers work fine. Loads windows mail
    • I have tried clean booting and then doing normal reboot.
    • Looking at startup in task manager ? can't see anything obvious there?

Things I tried that don't help because windows mail doesn't email in the way that windows expects)

• I have tried re-assigning defaults by program and .eml filetype. They're all set to windows mail (have also done a 'reset' so windows can set to defaults - which is windows mail.) I have rebooted many times - tried this on and off over last few weeks.
    • editing regedit to get rid residual outlook as some similar posts have suggested. In particular this one There is no email program associated to perform the requested action
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mai

So any ideas on how to get rid of the startup popup message?

Anna-marie Redpath, Jan 22, 2019
  4. ElderJohn Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. No email app associated popup on boot and then happens again randomly - Similar Threads - email app associated

2. Random popups.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random popups.: Every few minutes a popup called "QAppTray.exe" that says "C:\Program Files x86\Qustodio\qapp\Qt5Core.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains and error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...
  3. Random popups.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random popups.: Every few minutes a popup called "QAppTray.exe" that says "C:\Program Files x86\Qustodio\qapp\Qt5Core.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains and error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...
  4. Email not associated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Email not associated: Hello This is the first time I have been here so I apologise in advance. When I try to send a file from my desktop via email it tells me that "there is no email associated with this account" and I would be so grateful if someone could help me rectify this. I have a new...
  5. email association with different apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email association with different apps: I can't share word, excel or videos using gmail account. either says Mapi error or "no email account associated with this" Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-association-with-different-apps/698e8eda-c32c-4b77-8b1d-80dc748adbaf
  6. Popup No Email

in Browsers and Email
    Popup No Email: I get this pop up, when I boot up every morning: There is no email associated to perform the the requested action.Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. It just won't go away. It's very...
  7. There is no Email Associated

in Browsers and Email
    There is no Email Associated: How can solve this irritating error message? there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. Jack 140584
  8. There is no Email Associated

in Windows 10 Support
    There is no Email Associated: How can solve this irritating error message? there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. Jack 140584
  9. No email app associated popup on boot and then happens again randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    No email app associated popup on boot and then happens again randomly: Whenever I restart my computer or when it boots up, I get the popup "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." I don't...
  10. No email associates ?

in Browsers and Email
    No email associates ?: Win 10 Home, 10586.318 Default browser : IE11 WLM 2012 I have been receiving this for a few weeks now. See screenshot at the end. Does anyone have a clue what is it about ? *** Other than the message, all my 2 email accounts are working as they should. *** I am...