Windows 10: "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

Discus and support "no email program associated" error message in Explorer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ricecrispies, May 16, 2020.

1. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However I already have Chrome selected as the email handler in Windows app settings. How do I fix this? I'm on Windows version 1909.

:)

ricecrispies, May 16, 2020

2. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However I already have Chrome selected as the email handler in Windows app settings. How do I fix this? I'm on Windows version 1909.

ricecrispies, May 16, 2020
  3. Yancyd66 Win User
    There is no email program associated

How do I fix this issue: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel."
    There is no Default Programs in the control panel, only Default Apps.
    In default apps my email, Outlook.com, is not listed.

Yancyd66, May 16, 2020
  4. Isha Soni Win User

"no email program associated" error message in Explorer

Printing Hallmark cards I get this message: There is no email program associated to perform requested action"

Hi,

We appreciate you answering the questions, question are being asked to understand the issue better.

• Are you trying to print the Hallmark cards through any application like Outlook or word?
    • What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Is this the complete error message?

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set as default app.

• In the search box, type “settings”.
    • Click on “system” and on the left hand corner click on
      “default apps”.
    • Under “choose default apps” click on the “+” symbol and you can
      add the apps.

Step 2: I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press Windows key +R.

• Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.

• Click on Programs Tab and click
      Set Programs
      under Internet Programs.

• Click on Select Associate a File type or protocol with a program.
    Please post back with the results and the information asked, We will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, May 16, 2020
Thema:

"no email program associated" error message in Explorer

1. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer - Similar Threads - email program associated

2. No email program associated to perform the action

in Windows 10 Customization
    No email program associated to perform the action: Was trying to send a pic. by email. Outlook 2007 mail opened and it tried to send it with that program. I dont use that email program. So I uninstalled that program with office 2007. Then went in settings of win 10 and changed the default mail app. Tried chrome, windows...
  3. Windows 10 Mail cannot be associated-get error "no email program associated"

Windows 10 Mail cannot be associated-get error "no email program associated": Only email client is the built-in Windows Mail. Computer used to have Office 360 trial which I do not want to buy and if I would right click on a file in File Explorer it would open Outlook which I never set up. I went to Default Apps and set Mail to the desktop Mail...
  4. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "no email program associated" error message in Explorer: When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However I already have Chrome selected as the email handler in Windows app settings. How do I fix this? I'm...
  5. Windows 10 Error Message: This program does not have a program associated with it for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Error Message: This program does not have a program associated with it for...: Good Afternoon I have tried to solve the following problem on and off for a week or so. The problem is: I am unable to open PowerPoint attachments in AOL when using either Firefox or GoogleChrome. The error message I get is a follows: "This file does not appear to have...
  6. There is no email program associated with the requested action...

in Browsers and Email
    There is no email program associated with the requested action...: For years, I used Outlook 2007. Recently, I purchased Office 365. I continued to use both Outlook 2007 and Outlook 365. However, the other day, I started getting an error message for anything I tried to do with Outlook 2007. The message was something like: "Unable to complete...
  7. There is no email program associated

There is no email program associated: How do I fix this issue: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel." There is no Default Programs in the control...
  8. There is no email program associated to perform the requested action

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There is no email program associated to perform the requested action: I have researched this issue in this community forum and no solution has been found. The error dialogue box that I am getting is pictured below. I have tried the following A number of issues with the default Mail app can also be resolved by resetting it. Here are the steps:...
  9. There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.

in Browsers and Email
    There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.: Hi folks, I hope somebody can help me! I have recently uninstalled Office 2007 as MS has stopped supporting/updating it. I therefore installed LibreOffice for Word and Excel and use Google Mail for email, as I didn't want to buy another copy of Office. I am now being...
  10. "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action"

in Browsers and Email
    "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action": Here is the full error message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel" Observations: 1. Outlook 2007 is my email...