Windows 10: no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

Discus and support no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can someone please help me find out how to get my ethernet back> My computer also has wifi so I'm not completely disabled but after windows 7 to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IngeStevens1, Mar 14, 2020.

1. no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

Can someone please help me find out how to get my ethernet back> My computer also has wifi so I'm not completely disabled but after windows 7 to 10 upgrade I completely lost my ethernet connection and don't know how to get it back. thanks

:)

IngeStevens1, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

1. no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 - Similar Threads - ethernet upgrade

2. ethernet not working or even showing up at all after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet not working or even showing up at all after CPU and RAM upgrade: Ethernet adapter is missing from the Network Adapters section in Device Manager, this includes and hidden devices. Does not show up in any part of Network & internet settings. I have tried running various commands in cmp and updating drivers. I also know it is not a cable...
  3. ethernet not working or even showing up at all after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet not working or even showing up at all after CPU and RAM upgrade: Ethernet adapter is missing from the Network Adapters section in Device Manager, this includes and hidden devices. Does not show up in any part of Network & internet settings. I have tried running various commands in cmp and updating drivers. I also know it is not a cable...
  4. Tried window 11 upgrade - ethernet connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried window 11 upgrade - ethernet connection issues: I tried upgrading my pc from windows 10 to windows 11 in july 2022. I have a direct ethernet connection between my pc and my router. Once I upgraded, I could not get any internet access. I tried unplugging and replugging in the ethernet cable, rebooting my router - nothing...
  5. Tried window 11 upgrade - ethernet connection issues

Tried window 11 upgrade - ethernet connection issues: I tried upgrading my pc from windows 10 to windows 11 in july 2022. I have a direct ethernet connection between my pc and my router. Once I upgraded, I could not get any internet access. I tried unplugging and replugging in the ethernet cable, rebooting my router - nothing...
  6. After failed Microsoft upgrade Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After failed Microsoft upgrade Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration: Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration. I have network coNnect but no internet. Tried ping, works, tried manual IP and DNS did not work. I also have stopped and restarted all network config, reset the network to factory specs. Downloaded new driver for realtek PCIe fe...
  7. After failed Microsoft upgrade Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration

After failed Microsoft upgrade Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration: Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration. I have network coNnect but no internet. Tried ping, works, tried manual IP and DNS did not work. I also have stopped and restarted all network config, reset the network to factory specs. Downloaded new driver for realtek PCIe fe...
  8. After failed Microsoft upgrade Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Ethernet suddenly stops working completelly after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet suddenly stops working completelly after upgrading to Windows 11: I tried upgrading to Windows 11 on my desktop, but when I do, my ethernet completelly stops working. I have tried everything, restarting the PC, restarting the router, taking the cable out n in, troubleshooters in Windows, network reset, disabling/uninstalling network devices...
  10. Ethernet suddenly stops working completelly after upgrading to Windows 11

Ethernet suddenly stops working completelly after upgrading to Windows 11: I tried upgrading to Windows 11 on my desktop, but when I do, my ethernet completelly stops working. I have tried everything, restarting the PC, restarting the router, taking the cable out n in, troubleshooters in Windows, network reset, disabling/uninstalling network devices...