Windows 10: No Ethernet port on my laptop. How am I suppose to connect?

Discus and support No Ethernet port on my laptop. How am I suppose to connect? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Neither of my win 10 laptops have an Ethernet port. How do I connect to the Ethernet cable. I have 1 HDMI, 1 usb 3.0 C and 2 USB 2.0 A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hoover_2, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Hoover_2 Win User

No Ethernet port on my laptop. How am I suppose to connect?

Neither of my win 10 laptops have an Ethernet port. How do I connect to the Ethernet cable. I have 1 HDMI, 1 usb 3.0 C and 2 USB 2.0 A

:)

Hoover_2, Jul 8, 2020
  2. aks45 Win User

Ethernet connection/port on my laptop

Thanks for the suggested solution which I tried. My feedback:

• Update download was completed but installation did not complete and the message popped up that stated that update is not compatible and cannot be installed.

Info sought in your mail is as follows:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
      • Window 10 Pro
      • Version 1709
      • OS Build 16299.192
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
      • Dell Alienware
      • 15" Laptop
      • System 64 bit os x64-based processor
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using another Ethernet cable?
      • yes, tried different cables
      • (also same ethernet cable & connection works on my mac notebook)
    • Have you made any changes to your computer setting before this issue occurred?
      • Can't say with certainty about changes, if any, made. Normally i don't fiddle with the laptop systems.
      • ethernet port was working just fine and suddenly became dsysfunctional about two weeks back.
      • Checked Network adapters in the device manager which highlights Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller with a yellow mark. Also checked network adapter driver which states that installed driver is the latest.

aks45, Jul 8, 2020
  3. ETHERNET PORT

I HAVE A DELL ICORE 3 LAPTOP. RECENTLY MY ETHERNET PORT IS NOT DETECTING THE NETWORK CABLE WHERE BY I USED USB ETHERNET LAN ADAPTER NOW BOTH THE ETHERNET PORT AND LAN ADAPTER IS NOT DETECTED BY MY LAPTOP... SEE IF U COULD HELP ME

YeshiTshomo, Jul 8, 2020
  4. aks45 Win User

Ethernet connection/port on my laptop

Ethernet port on my laptop is not working. (when i connect the ethernet wire to my macbook it works fine). i can't find the ethernet connection option in settings>internet & network. It was working a few days back. Please help restore so that i can use ethernet
    to connect to internet once again.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers)

aks45, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. No Ethernet port on my laptop. How am I suppose to connect? - Similar Threads - Ethernet port laptop

2. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  3. How am I supposed to reinstall a driver when my ethernet is down because of windows...

How am I supposed to reinstall a driver when my ethernet is down because of windows...: nothing works correctly with windows updates anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-am-i-supposed-to-reinstall-a-driver-when-my/b7baf420-6878-4f70-a7db-bc7ee81ce802
  4. How am I supposed to reinstall a driver when my ethernet is down because of windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I supposed to reinstall a driver when my ethernet is down because of windows...: nothing works correctly with windows updates anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-am-i-supposed-to-reinstall-a-driver-when-my/b7baf420-6878-4f70-a7db-bc7ee81ce802
  5. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  6. How am I supposed to fix this?

How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  7. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How am I suppose to reset my PIN?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How am I suppose to reset my PIN?: I am facing a serious problem. When I turn on my laptop it ask my to enter PIN to login. While after I enter it says cannot verify my PIN, which I am sure its correct. It ask my to reset my PIN, and I followed it. Then after I enter my password and verified through email, it...
  9. How am I suppose to reset my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I suppose to reset my PIN?: I am facing a serious problem. When I turn on my laptop it ask my to enter PIN to login. While after I enter it says cannot verify my PIN, which I am sure its correct. It ask my to reset my PIN, and I followed it. Then after I enter my password and verified through email, it...
  10. How am I suppose to reset my PIN?