Windows 10: No Execute memory - NX Windows 10 installer False NX negative - DEP

Discus and support No Execute memory - NX Windows 10 installer False NX negative - DEP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There Seems to be a severe lack of support for No Execute memory based problems in most motherboards. In fact it would seem (call me crazy) that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ifoundit1, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ifoundit1 Win User

No Execute memory - NX Windows 10 installer False NX negative - DEP

There Seems to be a severe lack of support for No Execute memory based problems in most motherboards.
    In fact it would seem (call me crazy) that this is an intentional problem considering the lack of support for NX based problems such as false NX negatives in the windows 10 installs when windows 8 upgrade assistant proclaims that you are ready to go NX is supported but the windows 10 installs have had this error for far enough time to be fixed by The Windows team.

I would almost go as far as to believe that this problem will not be looked into until windows 10 is no longer free considering the first thing I see is Buy a new computer. Yes I have Windows 10 on this machine In fact this is the second time I have had to reinstall it This machine has NX supported and I am fairly adept at servicing machines But there are people who are not and this seems unfair to people who are living paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford a brand new machine or a 170$ mother board.

It tears out my heart (and hair) to have my friends and family looking at me with a glimmer of hope for a favor for me to nearly suffer a computer based mental illness just to disappoint them.

Printer companies use a similar strategy to keep the sales of printers going. The ink runs out good luck refilling it good luck replacing it because they have already made a slightly newer printer that takes a different cartridge and what do you know no one sells those cartridges any more.

*Mad On behalf of financially drained techies still with a glimmer of faith for Microsoft (Arnold Schwarzenegger Voice) Fix It! Fix It Now!!!

:)

ifoundit1, Jul 14, 2016

2. i can't access DEP

Hi Demuul,

To enable the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) in Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Open elevated Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + X, and then click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In Command Prompt, type the command below, and then press Enter:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

Should you want to disable DEP, enter bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
    in elevated Command Prompt.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Patricia Yu, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10

To install Windows 10 on your PC, the processor (CPU) must support the following features: Physical Address Extension (PAE), NX, and SSE2. Most CPUs have support for these features, so if you receive this error, it is likely because the
    NX feature is not enabled on your system.

-------------------------

To resolve this error, follow manufacturer guidelines to enable NX (“No eXecute bit”), or the equivalent XD (“eXecute Disabled”), feature within the BIOS settings. This feature is typically found in the Advanced or Security tabs within
    the BIOS settings, and can be referred to by a variety of names, including but not limited to:

· No Execute Memory Protect

· Execute Disabled Memory Protection

· EDB (Execute Disabled Bit)

· EVP (Enhanced Virus Protection)

If the BIOS setting for the NX (XD, EDB, or EVP) support option is not available on your system, you may need to contact the manufacturer to update the BIOS. Note that some very old processors may not contain these features and will be
    incompatible with Windows 10.

A whitepaper has been published with further details about the PAE/NX/SSE2 requirement for Windows 10, error cases and scenarios that customers encounter when machines fail to meet the requirement, and what to do to install Windows 8 on
    their PC’s. You can download the whitepaper at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh975398.aspx

If you are using a virtualization product to install a Windows 10 virtual machine (VM) and receive this error (or error 0xC0000260), you must enable PAE (or PAE/NX) in the virtualization product’s settings or configuration manager when
    setting up the Windows 8 virtual environment.

Note that if you tried to install Windows 10 on the VM hosted on a system running a previous version of Windows with NX disabled, you will need to enable NX on the system before PAE/NX can be enabled for the VM. Please follow the instructions
    described in the whitepaperunder
    “How Do I know if My System Supports NX or SSE2?” and “If NX Is Supported on My System, How Do I Turn on NX?” to enable NX on the system.

Error when installing Windows 8 Release Preview: “Your PC’s CPU isn’t compatible with Windows 8.”

Andre Da Costa, Jul 14, 2016
Thema:

No Execute memory - NX Windows 10 installer False NX negative - DEP

1. No Execute memory - NX Windows 10 installer False NX negative - DEP - Similar Threads - Execute memory installer

2. NX studio cant start in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NX studio cant start in windows 11: DearI have windows 11 - came with my laptop Gigabyte. I have updated the windows and everything works. However, I have an issue with NX Studio - from here https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/imaging-software/nx-studio.pageI see that few people have the issue of...
  3. NX studio cant start in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NX studio cant start in windows 11: DearI have windows 11 - came with my laptop Gigabyte. I have updated the windows and everything works. However, I have an issue with NX Studio - from here https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/imaging-software/nx-studio.pageI see that few people have the issue of...
  4. Waves NX buzzing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waves NX buzzing: Hello, I'm having some issues with Waves NX. Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 18363.1198, Xonar DGX. A few days ago I tested a Sabrent USB audio adapter dongle. Since then when Waves NX is used the sound is loudly distorted. This sound is what happened when Waves NX was turned off...
  5. lifecam nx 3000 not working on windows 10

lifecam nx 3000 not working on windows 10: I got a lifecam nx3000 from work. I know it's a bit old but I figured it's better than nothing. I plugged it in and nothing happens. Device manager says unknown usb device descriptor request failed. On my other pc it works just fine without installing anything. I thought...
  6. Lifecam nx 3000 not working on windows 10

Lifecam nx 3000 not working on windows 10: I got the Lifecam nx-3000 from work, and I have windows 10 pro. Device manager says unknown usb device configuration descriptor request failed. The only drivers I found were made for windows 7 and the software on the disc it came with is made for windows 7 alsolifecam 1.4....
  7. NIKON NX 2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NIKON NX 2: My NIKON NX 2 photo uploading and editing program crashes as soon as I open it, since the recent Microsoft Malware update . I've re-booted, re-installed the program... All to no avail. Nikon says it's a Microsoft problem. How can I get it the NIKON NX 2 program back and...
  8. CPU doesn't support NX

CPU doesn't support NX: Hi, I need a help, I tried to install Android Studio to start working on developping apps, but when I tried to make an emulator (virtual device), it doesn't work, and I had this warning " Your CPU doesn't support NX ". My ask is to know what is mean NX, and why my CPU...
  9. False negative or false positive ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    False negative or false positive ?: Win 10 Home 10586.164 Did a Sfc /scannow. Result : found corrupted files but unable to repair some of them. Did a dism..../restorehealth. Result : Restore operation successful. Did a sfc /scannow right after dism. Result : found corrupted files but unable to...
  10. Install fails my computer "doesn't support NX"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install fails my computer "doesn't support NX": A while back I successfully upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and then reverted back to Windows 7, with no problems. Today, I created a new partition and attempted to do a clean install of Windows 10, using a flash drive. Install failed, with the message "This PC's...