Windows 10: no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive?

Discus and support no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Which online drive has the most space? OneDrive used to be good, alas no more. Unless you grab it you will no longer get 30GB free but 5. Drobox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by vejichan, Jan 10, 2016.

1. lx07 Win User

no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive?

OneDrive used to be good, alas no more. Unless you grab it you will no longer get 30GB free but 5.

Drobox was always feeble - it is the same. Perhaps 5 or 6GB free.

I'm sure you could buy a 8GB USB for the price of a can of coke.

2. snoopy51 Win User

Obviously depending the resolution of your pictures.
    Since you are concerning with your existing data. Here is simple answer. Look at your Photo folders or any data folders. Add each folders or subfolders and you find the answer!

snoopy51, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Looking at the properties of the folder will give you the answer.

DeaconFrost, Jan 11, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

5. vejichan Win User
    Ok here is the lowdown...I had an external USB drive that I stored everything on..one day it stopped working and when I plugged it in my pc said none found...so I have tons of valuable info on this and I hope one day somebody will try to find a way to retrieve my files from it....so safe to say I have 0 faith in external drives.

vejichan, Jan 11, 2016
  6. vejichan Win User
    when i put my files and pics on one drive... can i leave it there forever or is it temporarily.. i read somewhere that people who upgraded to windows 10 .. get one drive for 2 years?.

vejichan, Jan 12, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello vejichan, *Smile

OneDrive comes with your Microsoft account, and you will always have the default storage.

OneDrive: FAQ - Windows Help

Brink, Jan 12, 2016
  8. vejichan Win User

How much space do I have?

vejichan, Jan 12, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You get 15GB for free with the option to purchase more space if needed.

OneDrive

Brink, Jan 12, 2016
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    I would recommend to use the OneDrive only as secondary storage. You never know when they change things on you. Having OneDrive as the only storage of valuable data is a bit risky.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Agreed. You should always keep your data backed up locally at home.

Brink, Jan 12, 2016
  12. vejichan Win User
    Ok saved some files in onedrive but the file doesn't show up?

vejichan, Jan 12, 2016
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

You apparently did not do it right. Try again.

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Some things to check:

Are you signed into Windows 10 with the same Microsoft account that you used for that OneDrive?

Did you open the OneDrive folder in File Explorer?

Do you have OneDrive set to sync folders?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jan 12, 2016
  15. vejichan Win User
    still not there .. what;s going on?

vejichan, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

1. no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive? - Similar Threads - external hardrive backup

2. Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive: my c drive was low on storage so when i tried to clear up some space by copying the files to the hard drive i get a message saying that its unable to copy the files because the c drive is low on storage. The computer somehow thinks that i am trying to copy the files to the C...
  3. Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive: my c drive was low on storage so when i tried to clear up some space by copying the files to the hard drive i get a message saying that its unable to copy the files because the c drive is low on storage. The computer somehow thinks that i am trying to copy the files to the C...
  4. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  5. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  6. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. External Hardrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hardrive: How do i access my external HARDRIVE on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hardrive/216895a8-343c-4b49-93f2-d71f988de2a4
  8. Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive: Just got a new laptop and it wants me to use onedrive as the default drive but I have to pay for it. I already pay for Dropbox and want it to be my preferent drive how do I do that? submitted by /u/taviSTakahashi [link] [comments]...
  9. File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?: Hi, I'd like to use the same usb drive to backup multiple computers. They have the same user id, so I was wondering if the backups would be kept in different directories. Please let me know exactly how multiple computer/users/ etc. are stored with File History. (and if...
  10. Backing file to USB external hardrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing file to USB external hardrive: Having trouble using external hard drive to backup computer will not accept external settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-file-to-usb-external-hardrive/e7277ad3-9cbf-4c15-9b33-13d0f0538be9"