Windows 10: no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive?

Discus and support no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am limited to free options Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by vejichan, Jan 10, 2016.

1. vejichan Win User

no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive?

I am limited to free options

vejichan, Jan 13, 2016
  2. vejichan Win User

do these apps take up space? if so how do you stop that? and do they slow down your pc? because the upload is slow?
    any suggestions?
    thanks

vejichan, Jan 13, 2016
  3. vejichan Win User
    i wanted to save my files on drop box ..google drive.. flickr as kind of a back up for my files in case my desktop goes kappop i sill have my files safe in drop box, google drive and flickr but recently i read that those files are still on my desktop which defeats the purpose why I'm doing this? is there a setting i should change?
    any suggestions.. also why is the upload speed so slow? how can i speed it up?

vejichan, Jan 13, 2016
  4. no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive?

What is your internet connection speed?

DeaconFrost, Jan 13, 2016
  5. Word Man Win User
    vejichan - when you answer Deaconfrost, please break that into download speed and upload speed. Mine's 25 Mpbs down, but 2 Mbps up, so you'd never catch me sitting around waiting to fill up my Dropbox or OneDrive to it's cloud capacity.

Word Man, Jan 13, 2016
  6. vejichan Win User
    Where are the files saved? And how can I delete my Google drive and mega account?

vejichan, Jan 13, 2016
  7. snoopy51 Win User
    vejichan:
    I think you are confuse between backup and synchronization service like Drop Box and Google Drive.

Backup produced an image of your files and will be available at a later time to retrieve the files.
    Synchronization service like Drop Box and Google Drive leave a copy of files in your local PC and a copy in the Cloud.

If you delete your files in your local PC, it will delete the files in the Cloud! Furthermore, if you add a new file, it will upload to the Cloud.

Sounds like you want backup your files and three months or a years later, you can still retrieve the files?

Some synchronization service allows you to keep versions of files.

Am I correct to say, you want backup?

snoopy51, Jan 14, 2016
  8. snoopy51 Win User

Have not use Mega Account but Google Drive is fairly commonly used by many here.
    Here is the information:
    When you download Google Drive to your PC a default folder will be created in C:\Users\[your name]\Google Drive. If you want to change the name or location of this folder you can do so by following the steps below. This tip is useful if you need the Google Drive folder to have a standard url for all your company – for 3rd party apps for example.

• Click on the Google Drive icon in your system tray (usually bottom right of your Windows task bar)
    • Click on the 3 dots icon top right and choose Preferences
    • Click on the Account tab and choose Disconnect account, your Drive will be disconnected but your files will stay on your PC
    • Click on the Google Drive icon again
    • Sign in when asked, step through the set up until you reach a screen with the option Advanced setup or Finished – click on Advanced setup
    • Click Change to choose the folder name and location – if you choose an existing folder it must be empty
    • Your files will now be re-synced down to your PC in this new location
    • Delete the old folder and files – if you want to.

Hope this help you!

snoopy51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive? - Similar Threads - external hardrive backup

2. Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive: my c drive was low on storage so when i tried to clear up some space by copying the files to the hard drive i get a message saying that its unable to copy the files because the c drive is low on storage. The computer somehow thinks that i am trying to copy the files to the C...
  3. Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive: my c drive was low on storage so when i tried to clear up some space by copying the files to the hard drive i get a message saying that its unable to copy the files because the c drive is low on storage. The computer somehow thinks that i am trying to copy the files to the C...
  4. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  5. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  6. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. External Hardrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hardrive: How do i access my external HARDRIVE on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hardrive/216895a8-343c-4b49-93f2-d71f988de2a4
  8. Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive: Just got a new laptop and it wants me to use onedrive as the default drive but I have to pay for it. I already pay for Dropbox and want it to be my preferent drive how do I do that? submitted by /u/taviSTakahashi [link] [comments]...
  9. File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?: Hi, I'd like to use the same usb drive to backup multiple computers. They have the same user id, so I was wondering if the backups would be kept in different directories. Please let me know exactly how multiple computer/users/ etc. are stored with File History. (and if...
  10. Backing file to USB external hardrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing file to USB external hardrive: Having trouble using external hard drive to backup computer will not accept external settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-file-to-usb-external-hardrive/e7277ad3-9cbf-4c15-9b33-13d0f0538be9"