Windows 10: No external hdd or touchscreen after clean windows install

Discus and support No external hdd or touchscreen after clean windows install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I re-installed win10 on my ASUS Q302LA laptop after completely wiping the c: drive using Ubuntu. I installed Ubuntu in order to delete the "Old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jerry Delacruz, Jan 1, 2016.

1. No external hdd or touchscreen after clean windows install

I re-installed win10 on my ASUS Q302LA laptop after completely wiping the c: drive using Ubuntu. I installed Ubuntu in order to delete the "Old windows" folder, which apparently can only be done from windows if you have god or "trusted user" status, whatever the hell that is. After installing over Ubuntu using win10 from an iso optical disk, the usb ports and device manager no longer register my seagate external hdd. Now this is scary because the seagate is a "backup" drive and now it's useless. It's still good and works fine with my hp elite so nothing's lost, but the idea that were I not to have a second computer my data would be unaccessible by the very products supposedly designed to keep it safe. The touchscreen feature is also non-functional. I'm not sure whether this is a win10 problem or an ASUS driver problem specific to this computer.

:)

Jerry Delacruz, Jan 1, 2016

2. Touch Screen on Windows 10 Not Working

You said there "probably" would be a yellow tag next to the device. However there is no yellow tag next to anything in my device manager. I just did a clean install of win 10 and now the touchscreen doesn't work on my asus q302la. Also, the computer
    will not recognize the Seagate external hdd.

Jerry De La Cruz, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Windows defender No longer working

1. Was AVG installed when you upgraded to Win10?

2. When (exact date) did you replace/upgrade the HDD & then do a clean install of Win10?

3. Did you back up any data to an external source before you replaced/upgraded the HDD and then restore to the data to the HDD after doing the clean install of Win10?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 1, 2016
  4. No external hdd or touchscreen after clean windows install

I disabled "legacy usb" and "xchi pre-boot mode" in the bios set-up and it works now.

Jerry Delacruz, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

No external hdd or touchscreen after clean windows install

1. No external hdd or touchscreen after clean windows install - Similar Threads - external hdd touchscreen

2. External hdd not showing in windows explorer after clean command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hdd not showing in windows explorer after clean command: I removed the internal hdd of my old laptop to use it as my external hdd. I tried the clean command on it using my new laptop but after that it's not showing on my windows explorer. I checked the disk management, its still there and allocated but it's not showing on windows...
  3. Installing Windows 10 on External HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 on External HDD: I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an external HDD connected to my 2016 Macbook Pro. There are some Windows apps I need to run, but it's not feasible for me to buy a separate Windows machine, and my 256GB SSD doesn't have room for a Windows partition. I've gotten as far as...
  4. How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows?

How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows?: My gf's laptop stopped charging and tech service did a clean install to fix the issue. Before taking it in, I copied her important files and also used the windows 10 backup (backup using file history) to make a backup on an external drive. After this clean install of windows...
  5. How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows 10?

How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows 10?: My gf's laptop stopped charging and tech service did a clean install to fix the issue. Before taking it in, I copied her important files and also used the windows 10 backup (backup using file history) to make a backup on an external drive. After this clean install of windows...
  6. Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement: I have installed new Seagate HDD same as the old one. I have used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media on a USB drive. I followed the HP instructions for installing the Window 10 software on the new HDD. When the Let's connect you to a network screen...
  7. 11 partitions on HDD after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    11 partitions on HDD after clean install: I did a clean install on my daughters old laptop (Lenovo G580) and after looking into disk management there are 11 partitions on the HDD. Can anyone tell me why so many and if I can delete them. The laptop is 7 years old so way out of warranty and she never uses any of the...
  8. 11 partitions on HDD after clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    11 partitions on HDD after clean install: I did a clean install on my daughters old laptop (Lenovo G580) and after looking into disk management there are 11 partitions on the HDD. Can anyone tell me why so many and if I can delete them. The laptop is 7 years old so way out of warranty and she never uses any of the...
  9. After Clean Win 10 install, no longer move/save files to external HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    After Clean Win 10 install, no longer move/save files to external HDD: Hello All: I installed an Archer C2600 router and connected to one of its USB3 slots an external USB3 hard drive and thought I gave all users permission to read/write all files on the external HDD. Recently, I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 and since then, I...
  10. HDD has six partitions after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD has six partitions after clean install: After a clean install of the 10240 build I ended up w/six partitions on my HDD. It appears 3 and 5 are just taking up space. I deleted all the partitions as part of the install, but did not format the drive. Initially the clean install would not activate but a reset cured...