Windows 10: No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT

Discus and support No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm not sure how or when this happened, but I've lost the ability to filter policies in the Local Group Policy Editor. There is no button for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dskrobow, Oct 15, 2019.

1. dskrobow Win User

No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT

Hello,

I'm not sure how or when this happened, but I've lost the ability to filter policies in the Local Group Policy Editor. There is no button for filtering nor an option in the Action menu. Please see the picture below.

No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT c791a967-c8a4-4e63-b0a8-979e003e4df0?upload=true.png

How can I restore the option to filter policies? Where did that feature go?

All help is appreciated.

:)

dskrobow, Oct 15, 2019

2. group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Oct 15, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Oct 15, 2019
  4. No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT

After windows 10 latest update, unable to disable lock screen through group policy editor.

Hi Mehrad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while disabling the Lock Screen. I will certainly help you.

I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue.

Please mention the steps how exactly you have troubleshoot the issue using Group Policy Editor.

I suggest you to please follow the below mention steps in order to fix the issue:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the
      Run Command, and type gpedit.msc to open the
      Local Group Policy Editor
    • In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, go to
      Computer Configuration
      >Administrative Tools>Control Panel>Personalization.
    • Now, click on the Action on the ribbon, and select
      Filter Options
    • Check on Enable Requirements Filters, and check
      Windows 10 Operating System
      , and click Ok.
    • Click on the Do not display the lock screen policy to edit it.
    • Select Disable, and click on Ok.
    • Restart the system, and check if it helps.

Please reach back to us, if you still face difficulty in disabling the Lock Screen. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT

1. No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT - Similar Threads - Filter Action Group

2. Word filtering in the local group policy editor gpedit.msc does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word filtering in the local group policy editor gpedit.msc does not work: That's it, i set a filter that should show up even something broad like the word "data", and nothing comes up.The options are all on "any", so, either managed or not, commented or not, this used to work and i don't understand why it doesn't....
  3. Word filtering in the local group policy editor gpedit.msc does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word filtering in the local group policy editor gpedit.msc does not work: That's it, i set a filter that should show up even something broad like the word "data", and nothing comes up.The options are all on "any", so, either managed or not, commented or not, this used to work and i don't understand why it doesn't....
  4. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  5. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  6. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: It appears my Windows 10 [1909 OS Build 18363.1440] OS, either does not have or will give access to a Local Group Policy Editor. When I attempt to open the Group Policy Editor, from cmdline: gpedit.msc → NOT RECOGNIZED same in PowerShell. When I tried via search it gave me...
  7. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group policy editor: [ATTACH] when i write Gpedit.msc i get this and it's full of errors and I don't like the computer configuration section, I just came out but I don't know how I did it, that is, I don't know if it's my fault or not, I've already looked on the internet but I haven't found...
  8. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: I just reset my PC trying to fix a perceived problem within group policy editor. After reset, the issue persists. I don't know if it's called a folder or node or container but the name "Administrative Templates" is missing and clicking on ANY object within the unnamed folder...
  9. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy editor: Hi, does windows 10 version 1903 remove access to group policy editor? Thank you. 138554
  10. Windows 10 WMI Filter for Group Policy

Windows 10 WMI Filter for Group Policy: Hi, I am trying to get the following WMI filter to work but it will not sadly. I want to target all systems below the latest release of Windows 10. Select BuildNumber from Win64_OperatingSystem WHERE BuildNumber >= 10000 AND BuildNumber LIKE...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. group policy editor filter not showing after filtering