Windows 10: No Firewall, No Threat protection. Can't restart Firewall. 2004 updated.

Discus and support No Firewall, No Threat protection. Can't restart Firewall. 2004 updated. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheHornetBoy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheHornetBoy, Jul 28, 2020.

1. No Firewall, No Threat protection. Can't restart Firewall. 2004 updated.

/u/TheHornetBoy, Jul 28, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Router Firewall?

Your router firewall lets you configure basic things like "Attack Protection", "DOS Protection" and service filtering with basic options for disabling HTTP, Telnet, FTP, TFTP, SNMP from external networks where you still get your internet from your ISP's gateway and every other communication from the WAN is blocked. You can also set up a service filter list in many cases. This is nifty. Though protection from the router isn't an alternative for even software firewalls, leave alone hardware ones. You will need a good software firewall such as free Zone Alarm / the firewall that comes with your security suite, if you're paranoid about security, else a properly updated Windows installation with the Windows Firewall is a good thing too.

btarunr, Jul 28, 2020
  3. firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 28, 2020
  4. No Firewall, No Threat protection. Can't restart Firewall. 2004 updated.

firewall can't be updated but needs to be updated

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• Which firewall are you trying to update?
    • Which troubleshooter are you running?

If it is a Windows Firewall, then I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

If the issue persists, then try to run SFC scan.

Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select
    Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type
    sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Then type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and hit Enter.

Protect your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

No Firewall, No Threat protection. Can't restart Firewall. 2004 updated.

1. No Firewall, No Threat protection. Can't restart Firewall. 2004 updated. - Similar Threads - Firewall Threat protection

2. Firewall & Network Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall & Network Protection: Is Norton 360 safe to use with Windows 10 PRO or what is the best Firewall & Network Protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-network-protection/5314bae0-bf34-4fff-9549-da415a173697
  3. regarding firewall and network protection

regarding firewall and network protection: Hi, I am getting pop-up regarding firewall every time when I turn on my PC regarding firewall. It quotes like this "Windows firewall and McAfee firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options". Then I tried to turn on manually but its not responding. when...
  4. firewall and network protection notification

firewall and network protection notification: firewall and network protection notification is not working I turned it on the domain network private network and the public network it says that the firewall is off even its on and my computer is lag...
  5. antivirus/firewall protection

antivirus/firewall protection: will another virus protection like Norton interfere with the windows firewall etc how are they compatible and is it necessary to have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirusfirewall-protection/154c365d-95f3-454f-85a8-7ea043e0a190
  6. Azure firewall threat intel

Azure firewall threat intel: Hi, I have opted for "On and Deny" settings for threat intel in my firewall settings which was working fine since last 3 months before I noticed significant reduction in query results from last week. When Investigated, I realized that there are no more detection coming...
  7. Firewall & Network Protection

Firewall & Network Protection: We updated our application that runs Windows updates on our domain, and it is starting to update our computers. In doing so, we are starting to get warnings on all of our computers. It is an extreme nuisance since it pops up with an audible tone about every 10-15 seconds....
  8. Firewall & network protection

Firewall & network protection: At startup windows 10 Windows firewall and MacAfee firewall are turned off. MacAfee confirmed firewall is on. Windows is off. How can this be verified and corrected? Thank you....
  9. firewall protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall protection: I cannot get online because of a privacy error. I've tried switching the public network settings but there is no on off switch. send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-protection/cadbf466-b365-4846-8c28-cac5cc687e14
  10. firewall & network protection problem

firewall & network protection problem: Hello On firewall & network protection panel the advanced settings link does not respond and I can not restore firewalls to default because the respective link is unresponsive also. Thank you...