Windows 10: no flat view in file manager

Discus and support no flat view in file manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just wondering why there is no flat view (showing all subfolders and files within a folder) in Windows file manager even after so many years? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by swamip, Dec 3, 2018.

1. swamip Win User

no flat view in file manager

Just wondering why there is no flat view (showing all subfolders and files within a folder) in Windows file manager even after so many years? The program Directory Opus has this option.

Neal

:)

swamip, Dec 3, 2018

2. 3rd Party File Managers

I'm using the older version of FreeCommander.
    The newer version had something broken in it (without reinstalling it I can't tell you what it was).

The extra features in 3rd party file managers like FreeCommander are handy:
    • Twin panes + Tabs
    • Mass Rename tool
    • Hash check/generation
    • Built-in Command Prompt
    • Folder size
    • File/Folder:
      • Colour coding
      • Compare
      • Flat view
      • Filters
    "Twin panes + Tabs" are extremely useful when dealing with multiple folders (i.e. more than 2).
    For example, when I am working with videos I often need 4 folders open:
    • Edited video
    • Source:
      • Video
      • Audio
      • Subtitles

lehnerus2000, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 3, 2018
  4. no flat view in file manager

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

no flat view in file manager

1. no flat view in file manager - Similar Threads - flat view file

2. Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view: Good morning!Here is my issue. In Disk Management, I have partitions showing up in the Graphics view at the bottom, but they do not show up in the list view at the top. They are shown as primary partitions and not unallocated. This is an SSD drive if that matters. Is there a...
  3. Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view: Good morning!Here is my issue. In Disk Management, I have partitions showing up in the Graphics view at the bottom, but they do not show up in the list view at the top. They are shown as primary partitions and not unallocated. This is an SSD drive if that matters. Is there a...
  4. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  5. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  6. Flat battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flat battery: My battery is at 0% and won't charge when it is plugged in. How do I charge the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flat-battery/4da1dd29-e58b-42d9-b9ab-491c909622d2
  7. Flat desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Flat desktop icons?: This look can't be right? [img] What do I need to do to make some 'saved shortcuts' to my desktop more transparent? 145913
  8. Flat files from a long list of folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Flat files from a long list of folders: I downloaded my photos from google photos to use in a display frame. The frame expects a flat list of files with no directory structure. The archive I got from google has a zillion folders with a few files in each. How can I convert a directory full of folders into a flat...
  9. manage "desktop" view in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    manage "desktop" view in file explorer: there is a program that I removed using the company's remover tool -- the program is adobe creative cloud 2015 -- and in windows file explorer, when I enter the "desktop" view, there is a white, blank file icon that bears the name "creative cloud files". this icon has no...
  10. Control Panel & Recycle Bin view in File Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel & Recycle Bin view in File Manager: Control Panel and Recycle Bin items do not appear at the left in Windows 10 HOME File Explorer, as they do on a Windows 10 Pro PC, despite having the identical VIEW items checked in Folder Options, Registry tweak, perhaps? Gracias 64289

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ignoring folders in windows explorer fkat view

2. Multi commander flat view