Windows 10: No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting.

Discus and support No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a windows update all the folders that was previously on my laptop are all gone. If I actually search for names of the folder then i can still see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RazeenMahomed, Jan 14, 2020.

1. No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting.

After a windows update all the folders that was previously on my laptop are all gone. If I actually search for names of the folder then i can still see it.

The other issue would be that whenever I turn my laptop on and off all my cache and data of apps are gone. This would mean every time i log onto chrome i have to relog on with my gmail account and all my bookmarks are gone.

At this point this more irritating than anything else.

:)

RazeenMahomed, Jan 14, 2020

2. App cache

This works on some apps but most of the ones you installed have on the bottom

Modify......Uninstall.....The ones with the most cache/data are those. If you click on modify it will

redownload the app..I don't think their is an app that cleans this up. I would be concerned I would lose some apps..

Muskrat(2), Jan 14, 2020
  3. App cache

This works on some apps but most of the ones you installed have on the bottom

Modify......Uninstall.....The ones with the most cache/data are those. If you click on modify it will

redownload the app..I don't think their is an app that cleans this up. I would be concerned I would lose some apps..

To continue I tried to reinstall an app figuring this would set the data back to normal>>It stayed the same

Muskrat(2), Jan 14, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting.

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting.

1. No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting. - Similar Threads - folders desktop cache

2. Windows reseting, losing all my data and going back to normal like nothing happened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reseting, losing all my data and going back to normal like nothing happened: Today i turned on my pc and realized everything was like factory new, my wallpaper was defaulted, my desktop was defaulted, my browser data was gone, and c data was gone. My games were still there but when i played them, i had no save files. I tried a few things but my C data...
  3. Windows reseting, losing all my data and going back to normal like nothing happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reseting, losing all my data and going back to normal like nothing happened: Today i turned on my pc and realized everything was like factory new, my wallpaper was defaulted, my desktop was defaulted, my browser data was gone, and c data was gone. My games were still there but when i played them, i had no save files. I tried a few things but my C data...
  4. Windows reseting, losing all my data and going back to normal like nothing happened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows reseting, losing all my data and goig back to normal like nothing happened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reseting, losing all my data and goig back to normal like nothing happened: Today i turned on my pc and realized everything was like factory new, my wallpaper was defaulted, my desktop was defaulted, my browser data was gone, and c data was gone. My games were still there but when i played them, i had no save files. I tried a few things but my C data...
  6. New Windows Update reset all my desktop icons and background, firefox logins and cache, and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Windows Update reset all my desktop icons and background, firefox logins and cache, and...: Title says it all... Windows automatically updated (cuz of course it did) and it logged me out of literally every single app, it reset my firefox history, cache, logins etc and now I have to go through the pain of relogging in and reinstalling plugins... Has anyone else had...
  7. all my folders on my desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all my folders on my desktop are gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lucioco000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ke82na/all_my_folders_on_my_desktop_are_gone/
  8. my pc keeps resetting all data

in Windows 10 Customization
    my pc keeps resetting all data: my pc keeps reseting all data every time i turn the pc off or reboost it goes like if i just bought it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-resetting-all-data/a109dfac-51d9-4d50-bbb9-8608d83ff5db
  9. reset and erase all my data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset and erase all my data: HI I cant reset my computer and erase all my data. when i try to do it in settings it dosent work and when i go to troubleshoot it dosent work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-erase-all-my-data/c54faacc-b0cc-497e-8c71-9b70f8a04840
  10. Chrome Cache

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Cache: Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the cache size of chrome with W10? Thank You 28809