Windows 10: No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen

Discus and support No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I woke up and forgot the password to my local account on the PC this morning, and the "I forgot my password prompt" is nowhere to be seen, so... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by leelanders, Jun 13, 2020.

1. No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen

Hello,

I woke up and forgot the password to my local account on the PC this morning, and the "I forgot my password prompt" is nowhere to be seen, so I can't get into my computer Dell XPS PC running most recent version of Windows 10 and Office 365. I am the administrator on the PC.No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen [​IMG]

We have tried:

• Power cycling/restarting the computer
    • Using an old password
    • We can't do a factory reset because we can't log in

Any fixes on either getting the "forgot password" prompt on the lock screen to show up and/or remotely resetting a local windows account password?

Thanks,

Lee

:)

leelanders, Jun 13, 2020

2. Forgot Lock screen password on Windows 10 PC

I Forgot my Lock screen password on Windows 10 PC...HELP

DoreenCessna, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 13, 2020
  4. No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen

forgot password to lock screen

I forgot my password to the lock screen of Nokia Lumia730 on my windows 8 phone.So plz help me

M.Imranimran, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen

1. No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Forgot Password Prompt

2. Forgot password to PC on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password to PC on windows: Hi everyone,I forgot the password to my PC and I have no idea how to get it back. Is there any way to get the password back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-pc-on-windows/fa7e0c0c-427c-4a9c-beb7-bdb628911b13
  3. Forgot password to PC on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot password to PC on windows: Hi everyone,I forgot the password to my PC and I have no idea how to get it back. Is there any way to get the password back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-pc-on-windows/fa7e0c0c-427c-4a9c-beb7-bdb628911b13
  4. Forgot password to PC on windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. lOCKED OUT OF WINDOWS 10 FORGOT PASSWORDS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lOCKED OUT OF WINDOWS 10 FORGOT PASSWORDS: My daughter forgot her password. I went in to try getting it from Microsoft. I went thru the motions of entering info up until it asked for the last 2 passwords. My daughter doesn't remember any of them. Is there anyway to reset the password if she can't remember any of them?...
  6. locked out of windows 10 forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of windows 10 forgot password: locked out of windows 10 forgot password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-windows-10-forgot-password/cdc0e2e9-5daf-452b-a9c0-92052cb278ff
  7. Lock Screen does not return to password / log-in prompt

Lock Screen does not return to password / log-in prompt: When I first boot up my laptop, I get to a log-in screen (lock screen?) and enter my password. The laptop then finishes the startup routine, and I am at the desktop screen. Problem... If the laptop is returned to the lock screen either by inactivity time-out settings or...
  8. Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...: I am not given the option to change my password and there is not a restart button on the screen - my Microsoft password does not work after I changed it. So what do I do now?...
  9. Forgot password on PC

Forgot password on PC: Hey so I own a IBUYPOWER TRACE 940 and I put a password on it when I bought it but I also put a pin and I would use pin to get into my PC, and so today I was trying to seat picture password and it need verification so when I tried my password I remembered it didn't work and I...
  10. Forgot pc password

Forgot pc password: I forgot my pc log in password. I dont wat to delete all files. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/forgot-pc-password/cde11668-277f-4ddb-8d00-c06d088cda38"