Windows 10: No Forward/back gesture on the touchpad - failure

Discus and support No Forward/back gesture on the touchpad - failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; And I really hoped they would do the Precision touchpad driver properly, like Synaptics driver worked... but nope. Three finger swipe to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaiketsu, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Kaiketsu Win User

No Forward/back gesture on the touchpad - failure

And I really hoped they would do the Precision touchpad driver properly, like Synaptics driver worked...
    but nope. Three finger swipe to the left/right just cycles open windows.

I want it to do a forward/back on internet sites instead of trying to click on the little backwards arrow by painfully navigating the cursor to the upper-left side of the screen, or trying to find the key combination in the dark.

Why can't I? why, M$? *Sad

To make things worse, there IS an option for choosing what three finger swipe does... but you can pick "cycle apps" and "nothing". WTF! WHY!?

Is there any way to make it work, or am I doomed? Damn, I miss the synaptics drivers so much..

(I use Dell XPS 13 9343)

:)

Kaiketsu, Jul 28, 2015

2. Asus Notebook Touchpad - web gestures not available after windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10, which initially disabled the touchpad entirely - a real problem if you don't have a usb mouse handy - the asus smart gesture menu does not include features to enable back and forward browsing in any browser. How do I restore
    the swipe left to go back, and the swipe right to go forward in web browsing?

markkreiser, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Laptop touchpad gestures not working on Windows 10

Original title: Laptop touchpad gestures

I have lenovo laptop , it had touch pad gestures . After I have updated my laptop to windows 10 , these gestures are not working.

How I can get these gestures back.

EhteshamAnwar, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

No Forward/back gesture on the touchpad - failure

1. No Forward/back gesture on the touchpad - failure - Similar Threads - Forward gesture touchpad

2. Touchpad Gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Gestures: Don't know if anyone looked into this or I'm too late, but you can use gestures in windows 10 just like GNOME 40 gestures.. do two/three fingers swipe up, down, left, right to see the magic.. submitted by /u/Mr_Linux_Lover [link] [comments]...
  3. WINDOWS 10 - How can you go back/forward on the touchpad gestures when using Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WINDOWS 10 - How can you go back/forward on the touchpad gestures when using Google Chrome?: How can you go back on the track pad gestures when using google chrome - HP Windows 10? On the Macbook you use 2 finger swipe, but not my HP? I can't figure it out. submitted by /u/DanReadit [link] [comments]...
  4. Touchpad gesture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gesture: Hi, I'm trying 2 finger scroll using my touchpad but I'm not able to use any gestures on the touchpad. I looked upon the internet and try to figure it out from the device manager but there is no touchpad option in the device manager. I also tried settings -> touchpad but...
  5. touchpad gestures

touchpad gestures: I have the DELL inspiron laptop. The gestures of the touch-pad don't work. I tried to go through the device manager and there is no option of the touch-pad in the settings. [ATTACH] How can the gestures of the touch-pad and the touch-pad problem be fixed.........
  6. gestures on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    gestures on touchpad: How do I turn off some of the gestures on the touchpad but leave others alone, before this upgrade I could not only see the demonstration but change each individual gestures. Now the only thing I see is this: "This device is working properly". I beg to differ, NO it's NOT....
  7. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I just installed a new windows 10 on my laptop but my touchpad gestures are not working. Can you please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/2f2fc9f1-d1db-4309-a3a9-e233dc3c82b7
  8. Touchpad Gesture

Touchpad Gesture: Touchpad Gesture is not working, how do I fix it? I already tried going to set up and talking to a get help chat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/82661152-590c-44cb-b2e7-fb4bec73a91b
  9. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?: Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward swipes. How to disable two-finger swipes at all and leave only the scroll behaviour? Regards....
  10. How to turn off Back/Forward actions on two finger touchpad gesture?

How to turn off Back/Forward actions on two finger touchpad gesture?: Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward action. How to disable the Back/Forward actions at all and leave only scroll behaviour?...