Windows 10: No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

Discus and support No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Humblewizard, Mar 18, 2016.

1. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full screen. When the application runs it opens full screen.

On a Windows 10 with a Hyper-V instance of Windows XP the application is working just fine however no matter what I've tried it runs in a small box. The settings on the shortcut are the same as the ones on the native XP boxes that work.

Any Ideas?

:)

Humblewizard, Mar 18, 2016

2. Installing a Virtual OS using Hyper-V

They are correct, Virtual PC the "product" (which included XP), was only a feature of Windows 7.

Hyper-V came to Windows 8 and is in 10. It doesn't come with any built in O/S for guest use as Virtual PC did in 7.

Any O/S you install as a guest in Hyper-V has to be downloaded and/or purchased.

IJustHelping, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Cybot Win User
    Hyper-V guest windows XP help needed

this isn't so much an issue with Hyper-V as it is an issue with the needing to locate a published update for the guest OS (Windows XP Pro SP3)

Cybot, Mar 18, 2016
Thema:

No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

1. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest - Similar Threads - full screen console

2. How to set the Zoom level of a Hyper-V Ubuntu guest in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set the Zoom level of a Hyper-V Ubuntu guest in full screen mode: I've multiple Hyper-V VMs with Ubuntu Server installed. I don't want to set up an XRDP desktop on the VMs as they are server installations and I want to keep them as small as possible. When I connect to the VM the display is too small. I can correct this however by setting...
  3. How to set the Zoom level of a Hyper-V Ubuntu guest in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set the Zoom level of a Hyper-V Ubuntu guest in full screen mode: I've multiple Hyper-V VMs with Ubuntu Server installed. I don't want to set up an XRDP desktop on the VMs as they are server installations and I want to keep them as small as possible. When I connect to the VM the display is too small. I can correct this however by setting...
  4. DirectAccess breaks when connecting to a Hyper-V guest console

in Windows 10 Customization
    DirectAccess breaks when connecting to a Hyper-V guest console: I have created a Nat_Switch for Windows 10 using this guide https://anandthearchitect.com/2018/01/06/windows-10-how-to-setup-nat-network-for-hyper-v-guests/ Prior to that, i had a second nic set set to a dedicated switch for my guests. I was asked to try using the Win 10 Nat...
  5. Error for running Game on Hyper-V Guest [ Unsupported GPU in Guest ]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error for running Game on Hyper-V Guest [ Unsupported GPU in Guest ]: Hi. I installed Hyper-V in Windows server 2016 & created Guest with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC & Enabled RemoteFX 3D Video Adaptor & specified 1g memory for that. After Insallation "CSGO Game" in Guest; this is error shown by running that [ATTACH] while that game...
  6. Windows 10 Hyper-V Running WIndows 10 as a guest OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hyper-V Running WIndows 10 as a guest OS: I want to run WIndows 10 pro as a guest operating system running under WIndows 10 pro Hyper-V I currently run Windows 7 under Windows 10 pro Hyper-V. Should I just upgrade the Windows 7 "guest" OS to Windows 10? I'm thinking I'd like a fresh install and just copy over the...
  7. Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V: I'm playing around with Windows XP as a VM in Hyper V for reasons I won't go into. I have a bootable Windows XP SP3 CD I created some time ago. I've hit the following issues. I can install XP from the CD but Hyper V seems to want access to the bootable CD whenever the VM is...
  8. Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?

Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?: I know yu can alter the hyper-v configuration files so it starts in full screen mode, but if you minimise a session to the taskbar, and maximise again, it always reverts to windows mode rather than full screen mode, and you have to manually set to fullscreen again Anybody...
  9. Possible to change Hyper-V console resolution?

Possible to change Hyper-V console resolution?: I have a high DPI display. When running VMs that do not support changing resolution the text in the console is so small it is almost unreadable. This happens with Linux guests without a GUI (CentOS minimal for example) and Windows PE. Is there anything that can be done to...
  10. Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.

Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.: I have them both set up, but I don't seem to have any options to enable any sound in the hardware section of Hyper-V. Is it not possible to use these operating systems with sound? I used to use Windows Virtual PC 2007 and sound worked perfectly on those, both on 98 and XP....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v full screen windows xp

2. hyper 5 full screen windoes xp guest

3. how to enable full screen on hyper v for windows XP