Windows 10: No games/DVDS/CDs will play on any optical drive on my PC. I've tried External and Internal...

Discus and support No games/DVDS/CDs will play on any optical drive on my PC. I've tried External and Internal... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last evening I wanted to play a game I have that is quite old so its a physical copy rather than a digital one. It works fine on Windows 10 and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamLong4, Jun 29, 2020.

1. AdamLong4 Win User

No games/DVDS/CDs will play on any optical drive on my PC. I've tried External and Internal...

Last evening I wanted to play a game I have that is quite old so its a physical copy rather than a digital one. It works fine on Windows 10 and I've never had any issues with it until last night where when I put the disc in it was spinning and seemed to load but it never actually booted up. I was confused because I was playing the game two weeks ago but I took into account that there was a Windows 10 update a few days ago and thats probably why its not starting but I tried restarting the computer, running as an admin and trying to boot the game through Steam.

I decided to back the game up on a flash drive and uninstall and reinstall once its done, while it was transferring over from my HDD to the flash drive I decided to watch a movie I bought last week. I put in the disc, it spun but its not playing.. ****?

I then plug in an external disc drive which works fine on my dads laptop but then does the exact same thing as my internal disc drive on my PC. This is what makes me think this is a software issue with my PC.

Its definitely not because either discs are damaged or scratched they're both in mint condition. Is there any possible fixes to this?

:)

AdamLong4, Jun 29, 2020

2. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update
    the drivers and lastly, I have deleted the drives and restarted my system but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions.

terrydavidlywood, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Villafino Win User
    compatible external cd/dvd optical drive for windows 10

My laptop has no optical drive installed. Can I purchase any external dvd/cd drive for my dell laptop, or is there a specific one I should purchase.

Villafino, Jun 29, 2020
  4. No games/DVDS/CDs will play on any optical drive on my PC. I've tried External and Internal...

Play CD and DVD

Hi, thanks - I did look up as you suggested, and when I selected DVD/CD drives, TSST corp showed underneath, and when I selected that, another box came up which said "this device is working properly". Well it may be, but I keep putting in the CD and nothing
    happens. I can't find any icons that lead me to a programme by which I can play a CD. I've tried to download media player but it seems my computer is no longer able to take it, or perhaps any CD programme, now that I've upgraded to Windows 10. Any further
    ideas? I'd be so grateful

thanks

jenniferelliott1955, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

No games/DVDS/CDs will play on any optical drive on my PC. I've tried External and Internal...

1. No games/DVDS/CDs will play on any optical drive on my PC. I've tried External and Internal... - Similar Threads - games DVDS CDs

2. Optical drives in both Windows 10 computers recognize Blu-Ray Disks, but not DVDs and CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optical drives in both Windows 10 computers recognize Blu-Ray Disks, but not DVDs and CDs: As I suddenly have the exact same issue with both my desktop and laptop, I have to believe the trouble lies in a recent Windows 10 update.I have an internal Blu-Ray burner in my laptop and an external Blu-Ray burner connected to my desktop. Both drives read and write Blu-Ray...
  3. Optical drives in both Windows 10 computers recognize Blu-Ray Disks, but not DVDs and CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical drives in both Windows 10 computers recognize Blu-Ray Disks, but not DVDs and CDs: As I suddenly have the exact same issue with both my desktop and laptop, I have to believe the trouble lies in a recent Windows 10 update.I have an internal Blu-Ray burner in my laptop and an external Blu-Ray burner connected to my desktop. Both drives read and write Blu-Ray...
  4. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  5. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  6. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

7. Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player

Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player: I have a Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 that has worked with my external CD/DVD player/burner for two years. Suddenly it is not reading the media on the disc and saying that they are blank when they are pre-recorded. I have tried this on several discs and one other external...
  8. Optical drive will not read DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optical drive will not read DVDs: Have used VLC media player for a few years with no problem for both CDs and DVDs on Windows 10 OS. Suddenly DVDs are not recognised. The device is working properly, drivers are up to date, have tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling, have edited the registry to remove...
  9. internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds

internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds: or anything else. It shows up in My Computer, but will not work. Checking it in Device Manager, the message is there is no problem with the player, or the driver. Super strange, have never encountered this. I have an Acer All-In-One, and if I can't fix it, I will just...
  10. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...