Windows 10: No games start after Windows reinstall

Discus and support No games start after Windows reinstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had to reinstall all of Windows recently and now I've noticed that essentially none of the games I have are launching. They go through their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JG143, Dec 6, 2023.

1. JG143 Win User

No games start after Windows reinstall

I had to reinstall all of Windows recently and now I've noticed that essentially none of the games I have are launching. They go through their launchers and I can click different options but once I hit play the game just stops. No crash or anything, it just disappears. I did get past the game load logos to the main menu in Elder Scrolls Oblivion but it crashed shortly after. I thought this might be a problem with my graphics card but I checked Device Manager and it says that the Graphics Card AMD Radeon Pro 5300m is working properly. I also had the touch bar of my computer stop working after

:)

JG143, Dec 6, 2023

2. I can't reinstall my previously installed games!!!

Hi Fahd,

It appears that you're having an issue installing your previous games after reinstalling Windows 10. We would like to know if it is only happening when you're installing your games or is it also happening when you're installing an app from Microsoft Store.

Meanwhile, we suggest clearing Windows Store's cache by performing these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Justine Pel, Dec 6, 2023
  3. windows 10 microsoft games

if uninstall the game then reinstall the game will I lose all my awards?

rusty wheelchar, Dec 6, 2023
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

1. No games start after Windows reinstall - Similar Threads - games start reinstall

2. No games start after Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No games start after Windows reinstall: I had to reinstall all of Windows recently and now I've noticed that essentially none of the games I have are launching. They go through their launchers and I can click different options but once I hit play the game just stops. No crash or anything, it just disappears. I did...
  3. game running slow after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game running slow after reinstalling windows: when i play the long drive i have 35-45 fps but when i installed windows again my game is running extremly slowpc 110-15ACL Laptop ideapad - Type 80TJ...
  4. game running slow after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game running slow after reinstalling windows: when i play the long drive i have 35-45 fps but when i installed windows again my game is running extremly slowpc 110-15ACL Laptop ideapad - Type 80TJ...
  5. Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall: Apologies as I know this question has been asked before, but most of the answers are a couple years old and I'm looking to determine whether the answer has since changed.I am a Game Pass subscriber and have several games installed to non-OS drives. My OS drive seems to be...
  6. Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall: Apologies as I know this question has been asked before, but most of the answers are a couple years old and I'm looking to determine whether the answer has since changed.I am a Game Pass subscriber and have several games installed to non-OS drives. My OS drive seems to be...
  7. Games running slow after reinstalling the windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games running slow after reinstalling the windows.: Hello. So in november i decided to reinstall my windows to clean up my system and when i started to play the games i played before i realised that the games were running slower than before. I dont know why because i have installed my drivers. The laptop runs perfectly but...
  8. Perf in games after windows reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Perf in games after windows reinstalling.: Hey guys, does anyone know, why I'm receiving 60-70 fps without vsync and 120 with after Win 2004 reinstalling.Also booting games up now slower (for 10-15 secs) that earlier. Also I'm receiving such fixed screen for 10-15 secs. Laptop: HP omen ce057ur. Tested game:...
  9. Perf in games after windows reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Perf in games after windows reinstalling.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, does anyone know, why I'm receiving 60-70 fps without vsync and 120 with after Win 2004 reinstalling.Also booting games up now slower (for 10-15 secs) that earlier. Also I'm receiving such fixed screen for 10-15 secs....
  10. Start button not working after Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working after Windows reinstall: After a series of blue screen problems I have done a complete reinstall of Windows 10 on my Surface Pro. Cortana talked me through the installation, but when I finally got to the desktop the Start button is not working. Left click does nothing. Right click displays a list of...