Windows 10: No Gmail Contacts were exported to win 10 mail

Discus and support No Gmail Contacts were exported to win 10 mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I set up my Gmail account in win 10 mail and it works OK except for the contacts. They were not exported over with the account. I have no contacts in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by swampop, Jul 28, 2019.

1. swampop Win User

No Gmail Contacts were exported to win 10 mail

I set up my Gmail account in win 10 mail and it works OK except for the contacts. They were not exported over with the account. I have no contacts in the people app. How can I manually import them into win 10 mail contact folder. What else could I do to import the contacts.

:)

swampop, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Import/Export Contacts

Hi,

Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone.

Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list, and then importing the .vcf file from the computer, which instantly results in an complete, updated list.

However, going in the other direction is my problem.

If I try to do the same in reverse, trying to import the .vcf file into the computer contacts, it wants to do it one contact at a time, instead of the full list all at once.

I suppose they can be Imported/Exported thru gmail, but I would prefer doing it directly...phone contacts only, without importing gmail contacts

Thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Jul 28, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

I think I have given you this link on one of your other threads. But then again, my memory is not that great.

How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/w...backup-restore

The one below is a little "old". It was posted for Win 7 in 2011. However, it is still dealing with WLM and the steps and terminologies are basically the same.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-contacts.html
    If I remember correctly, you do have a computer currently running Win 7.
    If yes, the tutorial will work for you.

Option One is to export Contacts from WLM in Windows 7.
    Option Two is to import Contacts to WLM in Windows 10.

*** make sure you export Contacts as a Comma separated values (.csv) File ***

davidhk, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. No Gmail Contacts were exported to win 10 mail - Similar Threads - Gmail Contacts were

2. Transferring Contacts in Mail Gmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Contacts in Mail Gmail Accounts: My computer has Windows 10 Pro and I am using Microsoft Mail as an email clients.I have had a Gmail account for years, Lets call it *** Email address is removed for privacy *** My cell phone died and I did not keep my old phone number. When I tried to setup my new phone, I...
  3. Transferring Contacts in Mail Gmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Contacts in Mail Gmail Accounts: My computer has Windows 10 Pro and I am using Microsoft Mail as an email clients.I have had a Gmail account for years, Lets call it *** Email address is removed for privacy *** My cell phone died and I did not keep my old phone number. When I tried to setup my new phone, I...
  4. how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app: for some reason, the outlook 365 does not show all of my contacts but with Microsoft support agent, I was able to find my contacts in the Windows 10 mail app I have hotmail account. Now how do I export my contacts in windows 10 mail app so I can use in gmail?...
  5. how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app

how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app: for some reason, the outlook 365 does not show all of my contacts but with Microsoft support agent, I was able to find my contacts in the Windows 10 mail app I have hotmail account. Now how do I export my contacts in windows 10 mail app so I can use in gmail?...
  6. Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail: No matter what I do I cannot correct the spelling of an existing contact in Wins 10 mail edit/delete/reenter, etc.. Wins 10 mail will not let me correct the spelling of the name of a contact. The address is perfect but I can't edit the associated name....
  7. Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail

Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail: No matter what I do I cannot correct the spelling of an existing contact in Wins 10 mail edit/delete/reenter, etc.. Wins 10 mail will not let me correct the spelling of the name of a contact. The address is perfect but I can't edit the associated name....
  8. Exporting contacts in Win 10 Mail

Exporting contacts in Win 10 Mail: why cant you just give us a clear and CONSISE MENU for doing necessary tasks. 30 years and you guys still haven't got it anywhere near RIGHT. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO SPEND HOURS TRYING, THT IS TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO EXPORT MY CONTACTS. WHEN WE WANT TO DELETE PERSONAL...
  9. Gmail Contacts and Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gmail Contacts and Windows 10 mail: I have recently downloaded Windows 10 and set up several email accounts I have to be accessible through the Windows mail. All my contacts are in my Gmail account. However, about 20% of my contacts have not synced over to Windows 10. How do I resolve this?...
  10. how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10: I need to know how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-import-winlivemail-contacts-export-into/fa4a4b1f-99c4-47d4-a596-ef989d1df366