Windows 10: "No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update

Discus and support "No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a dual boot on my computer. I was using "No Gui Boot" to get the basic DOS type screen where I select which OS to boot. I updated the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Boogertwilliams, Nov 5, 2019.

1. "No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update

I have a dual boot on my computer. I was using "No Gui Boot" to get the basic DOS type screen where I select which OS to boot. I updated the main Windows to 1903 and now the gui boot is always on. So when I boot, it goes all the way up to he gui boot screen, when I select the main Windows it starts at once after, but when I choose the other entry, it needs to first restart again and go through the whole boot sequence.

How can I get back the no gui boot, so the I avoid the "double boot" when I was to start the other OS?

submitted by /u/Boogertwilliams
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Boogertwilliams, Nov 5, 2019
  2. techquest Win User

No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005

Machine with 18362.10005

When trying to boot without splash screen with any of these methods No GUI Boot does not work.

msconfig - Boot tab - No GUI boot checked

Clean Boot also with No GUI boot checked

Cmd - elevated

bcdedit /set “{current}” bootmenupolicy legacy

It's no big deal but interesting as to why it doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop the splash screens appearing at boot please?

techquest, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Windows update 1903 second boot issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties, you are facing while updating the PC to Windows 10 1903.
    We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting and providing us the detail information of the issue.

Seems you have done pretty much all the troubleshooting steps. However, we would like you to perform Hardware clean boot and then try to update to Windows 10 1903.

To perform a Hardware Clean Boot, press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open the Device Manager.

Once you have done this, you have to disable the drivers for the following devices by right clicking them and selecting the option to disable them.

1. Display Adapters.
    2. DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    3. Modems
    4. Ports
    5. Sound, video and game controllers.
    6. Network Adapters.

However, we have also noticed that you are using a RAID configuration on your PC and could be a probable inference in this issue. If the hardware clean boot doesn’t resolve the issue, then we would suggest
    you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Windows with RAID configuration PC to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 5, 2019
  4. varxtis Win User

"No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update

Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

"No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update

1. "No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Gui Boot working

2. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  3. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  4. No Gui boot Lenovo

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Gui boot Lenovo: Hi I have a lenovo laptop and it only shows the lenovo logo and does not show the spinning dots.No Gui Boot is not selected in msconfig. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-gui-boot-lenovo/2fdb50ad-ec0e-4de8-8131-08292d118227
  5. No Gui Boot not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Gui Boot not working in Windows 10: Hi, I want to enable No Gui boot on my windows 10 laptop HP. When I enable it using msconfig, it works only when I restart my pc or when I disable fast startup. It does not work when I turn on my pc from shutdown. I do not want to disable fast startup....
  6. PC not booting after attempted 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not booting after attempted 1903 update: Hi, last night I attempted to install the 1903 update but it froze at the working on updates screen at 25% (spinning dots frozen as well) for hours, so I rebooted to try again, however the computer wouldn’t boot at all, it seemed as though there was no output to the monitor...
  7. Windows 10 Not booting after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Not booting after 1903 update: Hi, My PC is NUC 54250wykh1. I updated to windows 10 1903 today. After restarting, keyboard and mouse didn't work. (even after changing USB ports) I shutdown PC by pressing physical power button. When I started PC again it wouldn't boot. It showed Intel NUC with circling...
  8. Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903

Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903: I've updated my windows from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and have noticed starting up my PC took significant longer. Usually it takes 10-15 seconds from completely off to the login screen but after the update the PC will show a black screen after the boot loading screen and stays...
  9. slow boot after 1903 update

slow boot after 1903 update: Hello, I have a laptop with SSD and HDD. SSD is used as a system disk and HDD is for storage. Recently I updated my Windows 10 Home 1703 version directly to 1903 version and the update installed some files on my HDD instead of SSD. The problem that occurs now is a slow boot...
  10. No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005

in Windows 10 Support
    No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005: Machine with 18362.10005 When trying to boot without splash screen with any of these methods No GUI Boot does not work. msconfig - Boot tab - No GUI boot checked Clean Boot also with No GUI boot checked Cmd - elevated bcdedit /set “{current}” bootmenupolicy legacy It's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no gui boot not working