Windows 10: No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005

Discus and support No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Machine with 18362.10005 When trying to boot without splash screen with any of these methods No GUI Boot does not work. msconfig - Boot tab - No GUI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by techquest, Jul 16, 2019.

1. techquest Win User

No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005

Machine with 18362.10005

When trying to boot without splash screen with any of these methods No GUI Boot does not work.

msconfig - Boot tab - No GUI boot checked

Clean Boot also with No GUI boot checked

Cmd - elevated

bcdedit /set “{current}” bootmenupolicy legacy

It's no big deal but interesting as to why it doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop the splash screens appearing at boot please?

:)

techquest, Jul 16, 2019
  2. A Monell Win User

confused about selecting boot device

This is good information but I am confused about step 2 below. Wouldn't I need to select whatever device, USB or DVD, the install media is on at this point and not how I want the final install to boot?
    Thanks,and sorry for dragging up an old post but it had most of the info I was looking for.

It is up to you whether you want to install Windows using MBR or GPT and you need to set the option in the BIOS for MBR or GPT style installation.

Having said that. Here's the steps:
    1. Disconnect all HD/SSD except the one you will be installing Windows
    2. From the boot menu, Select #1 for GPT or select #2 for MBR to boot up the Windows Installation
      Attachment 29081
      NOTE: The screen is an example and might look different from yours
    3. Once the Windows Installation started. On the first screen, Press and hold SHIFT Key + F10, a command Windows will popup then type:
      - diskpart
      - select disk 0
      - Clean
      - Exit
      - Exit
    4. Click Next to continue.
    5. Select Custom
    6. Select the first unallocated partition and click next. Windows will create all needed partitions to install Windows 10
    7. Follow all the rest of the instruction to complete.

MBR installation:
    1. 500MB System Reserved partition
    2. C: Drive
    GPT installation:
    1. 450MB recovery partition
    2. 100MB EFI System Partition
    3. 16MB MSR partition
    4. C drive.
    [/QUOTE]

A Monell, Jul 16, 2019
  3. reboot and select property boot device

You need to set your main Harddrive which has your Operating System on as the first harddrive to boot, if have more than one harddrive.

open Bios
    boot priority
    Select the OS harddrive as first boot drive , If not sure switch between them
    Set correct time and date if wrong
    Save and reboot

If not sure on steps , give the Make and model number of motherboard and can assist you.

Hopefully no damage to the HDD

SnakeDoctor, Jul 16, 2019
  4. No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005

1. No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005 - Similar Threads - GUI Boot selected

2. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  3. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  4. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Distributed COM errors 10005: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and I got "DPC Watchdog Violation" several times. When I open Event Viewer it shows error with event ID 10005. I have the log here:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  6. No Gui boot Lenovo

No Gui boot Lenovo: Hi I have a lenovo laptop and it only shows the lenovo logo and does not show the spinning dots.No Gui Boot is not selected in msconfig. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-gui-boot-lenovo/2fdb50ad-ec0e-4de8-8131-08292d118227
  7. No Gui Boot not working in Windows 10

No Gui Boot not working in Windows 10: Hi, I want to enable No Gui boot on my windows 10 laptop HP. When I enable it using msconfig, it works only when I restart my pc or when I disable fast startup. It does not work when I turn on my pc from shutdown. I do not want to disable fast startup....
  8. No GUI/Verbose boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    No GUI/Verbose boot in Windows 10: Hi, Having just done the upgrade to Win10, I've been trying to customize it to my liking. I want to: 1. Change it to a no GUI boot. 2. Change it to verbose (OSinfo) boot. 3 Enable the F8 key during boot. As for number 1, I have tried everything I have found online and...
  9. "No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update: I have a dual boot on my computer. I was using "No Gui Boot" to get the basic DOS type screen where I select which OS to boot. I updated the main Windows to 1903 and now the gui boot is always on. So when I boot, it goes all the way up to he gui boot screen, when I select the...
  10. Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working: Symptom: ‘Sound’ reports Speakers Not Plugged In. Speakers and Headphones are greyed out. The only available items for Playback are ‘Digital Audio (S/PDIF)’ Hardware: Gigabyte MB X58-USB3, home built around 2013 Background: PC Working fine then Windows Update took it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no gui boot not working

2. windows no gui not workling

3. windows 10 1903 bootmenupolicy legacy gui not working

4. why is windows 10 displaying splash screen when no gui boot selected