Windows 10: No GWX notification icon in taskbar

Discus and support No GWX notification icon in taskbar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sir, I cannot see the GWX notification icon. I have a genuine copy of windows 7 running in my laptop and installed all the latest updates including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by indrosunny, Jun 8, 2015.

1. No GWX notification icon in taskbar

Sir,
    I cannot see the GWX notification icon. I have a genuine copy of windows 7 running in my laptop and installed all the latest updates including KB3035583. It's been more than a week, still there is no sign of GWX icon. Please guide me as to what should I do?

:)

indrosunny, Jun 8, 2015

2. Free Windows 10 upgrade on taskbar.

Hi,

I have the exact same issue on all of my systems.

I noticed the "Notification Area Icons" setting for GWX (Get Windows 10) changes back to "Show icon and notifications" with each and every reboot. OK, specifically, I:

• Set the "Notification Area Icons" setting for GWX (Get Windows 10) to "Only show notifications"
    • Reboot
    • Log back into my account
    • I find the "Notification Area Icons" setting for GWX (Get Windows 10) is no longer "Only show notifications," but is now "Show icon and notifications."
    NOTE: This switch back to "Show icon and notifications" only occurs to GWX (Get Windows 10). Thus it looks to be on purpose.

Request / Recommendation: The program should look to see if (A) the user successfully requested Windows 10 and (B) the user set the setting for GWX to "Only show notifications" then it should honor the setting and leave it as is . . .

Bertram Moshier, Jun 8, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do I turn off the Windows 10 pop ups

• Right click your Taskbar, choose Taskbar Settings
    • This will open a settings page in the Windows 8 Settings App
    • Scroll down and click 'Choose which icons and notifications appear on the Taskbar'
    • Find GWX (Get Windows 10) and set it to 'Hide Icon and Notifications)

Also check startup processes in msconfig for GWX.exe and uncheck or disable this process

DaveM121, Jun 8, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

No GWX notification icon in taskbar

Cliff S, Jun 8, 2015
Thema:

No GWX notification icon in taskbar

1. No GWX notification icon in taskbar - Similar Threads - GWX notification icon

2. Registry key for taskbar notification icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry key for taskbar notification icons: We would like to hide a specific icon in the taskbar. We can hide it by going to Settings/Taskbar/Notification area/Turn system icons on or offIs there a registry key for this? There is a specific icon I would like to hide throughout our domain....
  3. Registry key for taskbar notification icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry key for taskbar notification icons: We would like to hide a specific icon in the taskbar. We can hide it by going to Settings/Taskbar/Notification area/Turn system icons on or offIs there a registry key for this? There is a specific icon I would like to hide throughout our domain....
  4. Volume Notification icon on taskbar is blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Notification icon on taskbar is blank: In Settings > Notification area - Select which icons appear on the taskbar > Volume is set to ON. Always has been.But just a few days ago it's place in the notification area went blank. Am not aware of any changes.Clicking in the blank rectangle there or right-clicking it...
  5. Volume Notification icon on taskbar is blank

Volume Notification icon on taskbar is blank: In Settings > Notification area - Select which icons appear on the taskbar > Volume is set to ON. Always has been.But just a few days ago it's place in the notification area went blank. Am not aware of any changes.Clicking in the blank rectangle there or right-clicking it...
  6. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  7. disappearing notifications and notification icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disappearing notifications and notification icons on the taskbar: after installing KB5003173, 2 Intel driver updates via Windows Update, a .NET update KB5003254, and KB5003214, my notification area of the taskbar comes up blank with no icons. There are no notification icons or hidden information. If I move the taskbar to the top of the...
  8. Taskbar notification area icons missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar notification area icons missing: Hello, can somebody help me please, some icons are "missing" from notification area, their visibility is hidden, I tried basic things to fix it and it wont work, please somebody :( https://prnt.sc/s0vj07 - next to volume icon there must be network icon and other icons too......
  9. Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon

Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon: . SlartyNote2: I tried getting to the dropbox, but the redirect in TF just kept spinning so I uploaded a revised copy with the Win8.1 KB check corrected.: Download fixGwx_full.zip here The zip folder is a different name, but the batch file inside is still named...
  10. GWX icon on old, non-NX PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GWX icon on old, non-NX PC?: Some time ago I posted about an old PC that wouldn't accept Windows 10 ... I've got several problems with this very old Dell Inspiron I8200 PC (NOT the PC in my specs): It has no working DVD Drive It doesn't support boot from USB Trying to install 10586 from a USB in...