Windows 10: No handwriting recognition with non-standard keyboard layout

Discus and support No handwriting recognition with non-standard keyboard layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I type in English, I use a non-standard keyboard layout, namely the US International AltGr Dead Keys layout. This layout is standard in Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Sep 21, 2020.

1. No handwriting recognition with non-standard keyboard layout

When I type in English, I use a non-standard keyboard layout, namely the US International AltGr Dead Keys layout. This layout is standard in Linux distributions, but not offered within Windows. This means that I have had to install it from third-parties.

Unfortunately I have just discovered that when this layout is active, the option for handwriting input is not available from the on-screen keyboard when I tap the button at the top left. This matters because sometimes I need to switch quickly between handwriting input and on-screen keyboard input, for instance when I need to use diacritics.

As a workaround I have tried creating a 3rd entry in the input languages/keyboard layouts, namely, in addition to my French with a Canadian keyboard and English with the US Intl. AltGr Dead Keys, I now have English with the normal US International keyboard. However I cannot switch from one of the English options to the other using alt-shift. This really slows me down.

Is there a way to have handwriting input available when the US Intl. AltGr Dead Keys layout is active?

I have tried Windows versions of this layout from two different sources. They appear to have been created by different people, but I get the same problem with both of them. I can no longer find the version I originally installed, but the other version I have tried is here (including source code).

I am using Windows 10 version 2004.

:)

ricecrispies, Sep 21, 2020

2. Make standard keyboard layout as default in Windows 10.

Original title: How to make standard keyboard layout as default instead of handwriting panel for touch keyboard in windows 10?

How do I make the standard keyboard layout the default for the touch keyboard instead of the (now default) handwriting panel in windows 10? I use touchscreen and pen for my input.

Artistofdesign, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Johann Eva, Sep 21, 2020
  4. No handwriting recognition with non-standard keyboard layout

how to use handwriting recognition

There is no on screen keyboard and no option of handwriting but nokia assures handwriting recognition for c2-03

Amairsohail699, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

No handwriting recognition with non-standard keyboard layout

1. No handwriting recognition with non-standard keyboard layout - Similar Threads - handwriting recognition non

2. keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard layout: I recently replaced my English keyboard on my laptop with a Spanish keyboard. I reset the keyboard to reflect the new layout and it worked correctly. In the interim the various updates have managed to change the keyboard to an incorrect layout and I am unable reset to Spanish...
  3. keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    keyboard layouts: I've been trying to figure out how to change my keyboard layout and every tutorial I've watched or article I've read has just told me to go to settings>time and language>language>options and then press add a keyboard but the only keyboards available are Dvorak and Qwerty. How...
  4. keyboard handwriting

keyboard handwriting: hello, I have a surface laptop 2 currently running the latest windows update, and i was wondering how do i add the chinese handwriting input thing onto my keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-handwriting/e6d6376b-f30a-4f0c-84e9-579f3ed3361b
  5. keyboard layouts

keyboard layouts: I have a lenovo laptop, I use two languages, Hebrew and English. in the last little while the "AZE" keyboard is added by it's self. I know how to add and to remove keyboard in windows but the situation is odd, when I go to language preferences I don't see the AZE in the list,...
  6. What is the difference in layout between the "Hebrew" and the "Hebrew (Standard)" keyboard...

What is the difference in layout between the "Hebrew" and the "Hebrew (Standard)" keyboard...: Hello, Yesterday I did a clean reinstall of my Windows 10 Home. During the setup process I selected two keyboard layouts in two languages: English (US) Hebrew Today I am making personalization changes, and when I was in the languages settings I saw under Hebrew...
  7. Keyboard layout

Keyboard layout: The keyboard layout in my daughters account is different to mine. I have the main account, hers is secondary. My keyboard layout is as it should be, but hers has the " coming up as @ & vice versa. How do I change this please. In both accounts, the region language shows as...
  8. Keyboard layout

Keyboard layout: I have just purchased a Lenovo V110 laptop. I have set the keyboard to UK, but whenever I reboot, it reverts to the US layout. I can change it to UK by pressing the windows button + space bar, but the next time I boot up it goes back to US layout. How can I stop this...
  9. keyboard recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard recognition: I have a fairly new HP Elite X2 1012 G1. On start up the tablet doesn't recognize the keyboard without separating it and reattaching it. Microsoft has had me delete, reinstall, and download new windows, keyboard drivers, and some patch. This problem has gone from sometimes...
  10. Keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard layout: Hi I am trying to get the keyboard I am used to (Canadian Multilingual) where the way to type "à" is first the accent key then the letter. This keyboard also gives me the french style quotation marks when I type shift 2. Thanks in advance Robert...