Windows 10: no hard disk detected after blue screen

Discus and support no hard disk detected after blue screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 as an operating system on Lenovo ideapad 320. this morning while using Firefox browser, I received the microsoft blue screen that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KhouloudBen Taoues, Aug 22, 2019.

1. no hard disk detected after blue screen

I use Windows 10 as an operating system on Lenovo ideapad 320.
    this morning while using Firefox browser, I received the microsoft blue screen that I actually forgot what it said then the PC restarted automatically and I got this screen in the picture. I connected the computer to internet via an Ethernet cable and I got the screen in the second picture. I noticed in the BIOS configuration that the hard disk was not detected as it's shown in the picture below. I'd like to know what caused this problem and how can I fix it without formatting the PC as I have really important data in it. no hard disk detected after blue screen 17d9c5cd-840b-474c-a75d-c0f85819c003?upload=true.png no hard disk detected after blue screen 1391bb17-72b3-4e2c-aa26-1941e649e15f?upload=true.jpg

:)

KhouloudBen Taoues, Aug 22, 2019

2. External Hard disk detect issue

Hello,

Let's determine the reason why your Windows 10 stopped detecting your external hard disk. To get started, we'd like to get the following information:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tied connecting the external hard disk to a different computer? If yes, is it working?

In the meantime, let's run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter automatically detects and resolves problem with hardware and devices. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 22, 2019
  4. no hard disk detected after blue screen

Unable to detect hard disk under Disk management as well as in File explorer on Windows 10.

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to detect the hard drives installed on your PC in Disk management.

Before assisting further, are you facing the above issue on internal or external hard disks?

If the issue is regarding external hard disks not getting detected, detach the disk and attach again to check if the issue is resolved.

If it is internal hard disks, follow the methods below and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 1:
    Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if any of the hardware components is missing or corrupted.

Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix the same to enhance the performance of the system.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Close the window after troubleshooting is completed and check for the status shown on the window.

Method 2: If the issue persists,
    update system hard drive from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Disk drives option right click on the hard drive and select
      Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

no hard disk detected after blue screen

1. no hard disk detected after blue screen - Similar Threads - hard disk detected

2. Hard disk 0mb after blue screen. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk 0mb after blue screen. Please help.: I got a blue screen and then my windows wasnt booting. So when i tried to reinstall windows it says 0MB unallocated it's the only partition. No C or D partition. The only partition has 0MB. Using Diskpart and listdisk. It shows the harddrive is 0MB and my pendrive. These are...
  3. Hard disk 0mb after blue screen. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk 0mb after blue screen. Please help.: I got a blue screen and then my windows wasnt booting. So when i tried to reinstall windows it says 0MB unallocated it's the only partition. No C or D partition. The only partition has 0MB. Using Diskpart and listdisk. It shows the harddrive is 0MB and my pendrive. These are...
  4. External Hard Disk not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Disk not detected: I have a WD My Passport external HDD with 1 TB capacity. When I connect it to my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't detect it however, in devices and printer, it shows the device. What can I do to have it detected?Help?...
  5. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  6. Raw Hard disk with blue screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Raw Hard disk with blue screen: Hey guys.. How are ya all I hope you're doing well... Lately, I have been facing a problem on my hp laptop which is running in windows 10 os. First of all, I have a 320 GB hard disk divided to 3 partitions. C partition is running fine but D and E are not. Both D...
  7. Blue Screen after hard reset

Blue Screen after hard reset: I have just hard reset my computer, and when I log in, I get the blue screen of death. I had to hard reset due to it just repeating the blue screen over and over. Will I have to take in my computer or can I fix this issue myself?...
  8. Toshiba external hard disk not detected

Toshiba external hard disk not detected: I have a Toshiba external hard disk, model HDDR250E03X which isn't detected by my windows 10 dell laptop. The hard disk lights white when plugged in but windows doesn't show anything that indicates it's detected. What are the possible solutions? I have changed the ports,...
  9. Hard disk not detected

Hard disk not detected: WD my passport ultra is not detected in the surface 6. I checked it at device mgmt but not showing then checked it through command prompt it not showing. However once it showed the message that " Last USB device you connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise...
  10. Constant blue screens and Hard disk errors

Constant blue screens and Hard disk errors: When I use my laptop for like 30 minutes it starts to make clicking noises. I sometimes even get the blue screen. When I startup the laptop there is a Hard Disk 1 (301) error, but you can still continue startup. My disk space is at a 100% yet there are only vital and some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hard Drive Not Detected After BSOD